We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Adult Hosting | Forum

bob
bob May 2 '16
Who has a hosting account that allows  adult sites i am looking for one what is a good one
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 2 '16
I know that Arvixe does. They use to be on the recommended list here. Not sure why they aren't now. I haven't had any major issues with them, but my member base isn't big. There are mixed opinions about them, but I don't know about the others since I haven't tried them, but that was one of my specific questions before opening an account.
dave Leader
dave May 2 '16
I know that northeasthost.com does as well. 
ross Team
ross May 2 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories May 2 '16
Hey Bob. I have always stuck behind arvixe although I have to say they have gone down hill fast. They got rid of the 24/7 customer service. I always find it very helpful to have a 24/7 customer service hotline. I will post a link to bluehost. I have been really happy with bluehost so far and they have no issues with adult sites. 

The Forum post is edited by Den May 18 '16
dave Leader
dave May 2 '16
Hey OA, dont spam our forum with your affiliate links. You are a affiliate of bluehost. Yes i checked the link.   I have reported your post and i hope that someone removes your banner.  
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories May 3 '16
So what? I promote what I use and trust. The host is a recommended oxwall host and I have every right to use an affiliate link when referring a new customer. You need to get over yourself and ross needs to quit tampering with my posts. 
dave Leader
dave May 3 '16
If we let you do it then everyone will do it, and then we will have nothing but advertisements posts on here.  Besides do you realize how low and unprofessional it makes you look to try to get a couple of nickels from a affiliate banner on a open source support forum.  It really looks like your desperate and that is not a good thing if you are trying to get business.  I am just trying to help you is all. 

You will have to check but i dont see any reason you cant put a link on your profile and be done with it. But not on the open forum. 

The Forum post is edited by dave May 3 '16
Oxwall Accessories
Lol. That's Hilarious. The whole point of this thread was a gentleman looking for a host recommendation. There is no reason to attack me for including an affiliate link with a relevant response. The only thing that looks low and unprofessional is the way you parade around trying to bash people for things that offend you for any which reason. Grow up Dave and focus on the topic. If you do not have a host recommendation then I don't see a need or a point for your condescending attitude. 
dave Leader
dave May 3 '16
Its always something with you OA. Since the first day i arrived here your always up to something just a tad bit fishy.  You don't mind helping someone as long as you can make a nickle off of it. That says alot about your character and the way you run your business. Ross or someone seems to be constantly trying to get you to behave yourself ethically or otherwise and its just sad that you feel you have to conduct yourself in such ways. 

But i am not here to debate this with you. Your post has been reported yet again, and yet again the banner will be removed.  And if you insist on repeating the attitude and spamming the board, i am sure we can arrange for you to take some time away from posting on the forums.  

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 3 '16
+1 Dave

Oxwall Accessories
My post was 110% relevant to the topic of this user. Was yours? Who's really the spammer here creating garbage that doesn't help anyone? Look in the mirror pal. 
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Accessories May 3 '16
Oxwall Accessories
You are not in a position to tell me how it is I hope you understand that. 

Your petty insults and low blows are pretty silly considering I have helped 1000's of people on this site as well as arvixe forums,youtube,twitter,etc,etc. There are a few bad situations that occur as they do for everyone that sells large amounts of software. 

I find it really entertaining that you have such an issue with an affiliate banner that advertises one of the largest hosting companies in the world because I would make $80 if someone clicked it. You posted a link to northeasthost.com which is your personal hosting company. 

I really don't care if your hosting company is good or not why should you be allowed to recommend a host that not even oxwall is willing to recommend but its a problem for me to recommend a decent host with 24/7 customer service. You are a hypocrite at worst and a a crooked snake at best. 

Now in retrospect I posted a picture that leads to a site with hosting that I make money off of as well as use everyday.

You posted a link that leads to a website with hosting that you make money off of and use everyday. 

Grow up. 

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Policies none of which I have broke. 

http://www.oxwall.org/policies

Forum posting rules none of which I have broke. 

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/5090

dave Leader
dave May 3 '16
Northeasthost is NOT my personal hosting company, i dont own it, i dont work for it, i have no connection to it other than i used to be a customer of it. Also if you notice i did not include a link with it nor an affiliate link because i know better. 

I actually closed my hosting company because i jumped into it too fast and did not have the financial backing i needed to keep it running. But that sort of thing is common in young business ventures and every good business person has failed in business a time or two. 

I do not make a single penny from NEH and i never have, i simply thought they were a good host before i started my own company.  Get your facts straight.  

The fact remains that im sure  ross will let you know not to post that kind of stuff in the future. 

I dont know what ever gave you the idea that NEH was mine because its not and never has been. 

I never said you broke a rule, some things dont have to be rules you just know not to do them out of respect for others and this is one of them.  No one should have to tell you not to post banners its common sense.  But just like you always have done, you will exploit just about anything to make a nickle especially if there is no rule you think that gives you an excuse.  It does not.  

I will ask you again to remove your banner.  Thanks now i am done. 

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 3 '16
Guys. Please give the OP a chance to find answers. This could go on and on. He simply wanted to know of hosts that had no issues with Adult content. He can research current reviews from those mentioned. So far he has. I'm sure others may also use info from this post. Respect for the OP should always be first.
1. Arvixe
2. Northeasthost
3. Bluehost
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B May 3 '16
dave Leader
dave May 3 '16
+1 Darryl
dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
I sent a support ticket to blue host 3 days ago to test their reply time. And still no reply.  I would not use them. 
HW
HW May 6 '16
I have always gotten super fast responses from Bluehost when I use a support chat.  Never tried an e-mail or phone call or any other method as the chat works great.  *shrugs*
HW
HW May 6 '16
However, I don't think they are a great host for Oxwall.  Their default PHP version is now different than what Oxwall requires (unlike when I first signed up...).  You'll have to change that yourself, hope Bluehost doesn't switch it back, and your ability to use any subdomains or anything will be crippled, and once you make the change, Bluehost's support will just tell you to change it back.
Pages: 1 2 »