We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newsfeed not uploading photos | Forum

Geo
Geo May 3 '16
Updated to Oxw 1.8.2 and now can't upload photos in Newsfeed wen in Firefox and Chrome (this happens only in Newsfeed, it still works in Photos upload on the left column). It only works when in Safari. Already cleared the caches, but no results.
Can anyone help me? Thank you.
ross Team
ross May 3 '16
Do you get any error or what? 

What is your newsfeed plugin version? 

Geo
Geo May 3 '16
Ross,
When I choose the photo file to be uploaded it should show the thumbnail of the photo right? But it keeps showing as it is uploading, but never finishes. (see image attached).
Where can I find the version of my newsfeed?

ross Team
ross May 3 '16
Check your browser console for javascript errors when you see this uploadn circle. Provide the error here
Geo
Geo May 3 '16
It does not show anything.

ross Team
ross May 3 '16
share your url, make sure it is open for registration. 
Geo
Geo May 3 '16
Now it is showing the error in console:

- Issue in Firefox:

- Issue in Chrome:

Geo
Geo May 3 '16
Firefox console again:

<script type="text/rocketscript">if(parent.window.owPhotoAttachment['nfa-feed15728f624d5d48']){parent.window.owPhotoAttachment['nfa-feed15728f624d5d48'].updateItem({"result":false,"message":"General error"});}</script>
ross Team
ross May 3 '16
Ok, disable cloudlflare plugin and see if the issue persists. 
Geo
Geo May 4 '16
ross, cloud flare disabled, not working yet, same issue. I'll send you a PM w/ the url.
ross Team
ross May 4 '16
purge cloudlflare cache as I still see rocketscript instead of javascript in the source code. 
Geo
Geo May 4 '16
How do I do that?
Geo
Geo May 4 '16
OK, just found out.

It's purged.

Geo
Geo May 4 '16

But the issue persists for both, Chrome and Firefox.
ross Team
ross May 4 '16
Can you please check and make sure you have 777 recursive permissions set to ow_userfiles, ow_static, ow_smarty/template_c and ow_pluginfiles folder. 

Important: it should be set recursively. 

dave Leader
dave May 5 '16
Did that work Geo? 
Geo
Geo May 5 '16

Just did it.

Still not working...
dave Leader
dave May 5 '16

I know this is along shot but i have seen stranger things happen.  Try uninstalling cloudflare completely and refresh cache.  Does that work?

Remember sometimes cache can be stubborn, just had a customer that had to use the extreme cache plugin to get rid of the cache because the normal way would not work.  It can be a pain.

The Forum post is edited by dave May 5 '16
Geo
Geo May 5 '16

Any ideas? I have to run the site to the public, but it's impossible with this issue.

Geo
Geo May 5 '16

I'll try to uninstall cloudflare now.
Pages: 1 2 3 »