We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

member try make me test plugins for free | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 7 '16
Hi

Why can a member here at oxwall http://www.oxwall.org/user/pustaks

try to make me test plugins and never want upload any plugins at oxwall store?

Free or sell that up to him off course. i get worried because he just want me test plugins

I see he never upload any plugins here just try provide them on his own website that he marketing here

he almost convinced me to test one of his plugins but it could bee hacker tool inside them , who knows about that. and if he have nothing to hide why he never upload one of his plugins here. 

very strange guy i feel and i would not test his plugins for free.

i wounder how many here at oxwall he ask to do same.

his message to me is very old so he should have plugin finished buy this time to upload here...very strange i feel 

maybe someone more then me he asked to testing plugins, thats why i posted it here

Marcus

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 7 '16
dave Leader
dave May 7 '16
Edited to remove content which we have resolved. 
The Forum post is edited by dave May 8 '16
Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan May 8 '16
Hi @Maяcus, @dave,

I am sorry for any misunderstanding and inconvenience caused due to my approach. I don't know why you got this negative impression about my efforts.My request to share the plugin under development was purely for either co-development purpose or maximum for beta testing(if user does not have any development interest/experience). I am failed to understand what is the concern here. Yes, you have every right to reject the request.

I assure you that there is no malicious  intent behind there requests. In past, I have contributed in one of the plugins by Thao (http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/1169 http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/41593 (v1.2.0)).

This is very unfortunate that people are making sweeping judgment based on their prejudice and assumptions without any base. 

I am not a full time Oxwall developer and wanted to complete few plugin primarily for my website and also make it generic so that it could be used by any other oxwall website available via store.Yes, it is true that no plugin is yet available in Oxwall store, however this no way makes my efforts with some negative intent.

I would also like to clarify that I never approached any individual for an offline sale of any "plugin
 developed by me.

Hope this clarifies the matter.

The Forum post is edited by Pustak Sadan May 8 '16
Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan May 8 '16
Removed as matter has been clarified.
The Forum post is edited by Pustak Sadan May 8 '16
dave Leader
dave May 8 '16
Pustak, 

I appreciate you clearing things up a bit, that does show character and being genuine and we all really appreciate that effort.  Please understand that it was not a personal attack but a general application of guidelines because there are so many in this world that do and will have malicious intent.  My sincere apology to you if you took that as a personal attack but it was not intended that way. It was only intended to try to be overcautious in the wake of so many online money schemes.  If your good and pure intention was trampled on because of that i do sincerely apologize.  It is always better to be safe than sorry and sometimes good people trying to do good things get run over and that is not good, again my apologies. 

However please be aware that doing such things under darkness or without at least letting the team or someone on here know what you are doing causes people to worry. It is better to be open and forthright not only on your site but here on the forum so that people know what you are doing and why. This helps build trust over the long term. 

People are very very cautious now days and there have been many that have purchased or have gotten free plugins and then tried to sell them as their own. This is not only unlawful but it shows very low moral character.  Again i am sorry that i jumped so quick if your intentions are pure.  But this is all the reason that when you do things such as this you need to jump on the forum and say "hey i am doing this and here is why" so that people know.  

To explain my comment you ask me to explain. That is Thao Le's plugin, (i know because he gave me a copy as well which i still have, i know him quite well) and you must have written permission from him to put it on the market.  There is no mention of that in your posts.  This is why it appeared that you had modified is plugin and "had intentions" to sell it or offer it in some way on your site.  

You have to be very very careful in today's digital world that you not only get permission to do things but that you advertise those permissions.  Developers are very critical of people that just take it for granted that just because they bought something or got it for free that they can do whatever they want with it because it happens to be un-encoded and they think it belongs to them, it does not.  This is not the case and property is property regardless if it is your TV, my printer, intellectual, or digital property and no one should just go around posting things they got for free modified or not as their own without first stating they have proven permission for doing so.  

I know this is not a perfect world and i cant ask that of anyone, but please try to be careful as you grow in this business to understand and think what others might think and that it is better to be over compensating with information than it is to just do things without telling anyone.  It just shows people you have good intentions.  

Please accept my apology once more if i jumped the gun and please share with us what you are doing here on the forum, let us know how, why, when, and your mission statement so we know. 

Also please open a store, its easy to do and it will help you grow in this business of development.  

Thanks and i hope i explained things clearly. 

Dave :)

The Forum post is edited by dave May 8 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 8 '16
Pustak,

When i was looking you website you did have some plugin finished, why did you not share them here at oxwall? there is no law says you have to do that but i feel very worried if you not like share you plugins that is finished and then other people test you not finished plugins and maybe later you sell them to other people here when they finished but not in the store.

who knows? only oxwall knows, probably he deleted his message history records already when we speaking but i was keep my records from him so that one he can not delete.

Marcus

Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan May 8 '16
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your detailed input. I highly appreciate these inputs and surely try to learn and apply.Regarding Thao's plugin, the fact is that he has acknowledged my contribution in his plugin page. http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/41593 I was in touch with Thao for this development and he applied my changes to his plugin. I would like to assert that I never tried to put Thao's plugin on market. I am sorry if any of my posts created any confusion on this (for not referring Thao's permission/consent).Thanks a lot for your inputs. I will try to improve and work on this direction.

dave Leader
dave May 8 '16
You are most welcome sir :)  Hope to see you around here more often. 
Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan May 8 '16
@Maяcus

Thanks for your inputs.  I could not share my plugins to the store  as I consider them not complete (e.g. user- rewards, I want to add analytics/graphical part which is still pending). 

Here I have listed all my plugins which I am working on (all are at various stages) and I still don't know the deadline..:-)http://oxwalldev.blogspot.in/

I hope the your concerns are addressed and matter is clarified.

dave Leader
dave May 8 '16
I have edited my previous post... :)
Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan May 8 '16
Just a minor update, I have recently added a plugin to store and it is under review for approval from Oxwall team.. :-)
dave Leader
dave May 8 '16
Excellent, welcome aboard Pustak :)
Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan May 8 '16

Quote from dave You are most welcome sir :)  Hope to see you around here more often. 
Sure Dave. Thanks a lot for understanding and support.
dave Leader
dave May 8 '16
YW, one tip on getting your plugin approved, be sure that you do not have any notices at all. Make sure all your vars are pre defined as '' even using. 

if(!isset($value)) { $value = '' ; }

If you show any notices at all it will be kicked back, they will run it in debug mode and check other things as well.  :)

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 8 '16
Great another developer that post plugins i welcome that :-) now i will take you more seriously then i was before :-) i think for me everything is fine now and i have nothing more to say about this anymore......
Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan May 8 '16
Thanks @Maяcus for your support.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories May 8 '16
Glad you guys got this resolved. I look forward to seeing your software listed and it looks like you are working on some pretty cool projects. If you ever need a hand with anything feel free to reach out.  
ross Team
ross May 10 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan May 13 '16
Update: My plugin "SMS OTP" has been approved and available in store. :-)