We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Signin Join Registration how to change input language | Forum

Scott
Scott May 14 '16

I would like to know how to allow oxwall to accept user login in different languages, you can sign up ok in English (latin) letter/characters without a problems (for example Russian's use Cyrillic letters like шчядйхфхъз).  when users type in using there language for registration, the system say it invalid characters.   Basically what do I need to do to get this working.  (the same is with Greek and Arabic).  Thanks

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 14 '16
Found this post. Ross responded to another user that it would require a custom code modification.
https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/31844
Scott
Scott May 15 '16

Thanks Darryl I found this post earlier.  However I have contacted developers on upwork, they seem a little clueless.  From what I understand this is a small core adjustment to add various languages to the signin/up page, so the oxwall system can recognise the international characters.  If changed it will be over written by an oxwall update.  What I would like to know is were in the core is it and how easy it would be to add another language  for example Russian RU.  I see that other site use multi characters on oxwall powered sites.  Or am I being completely confused and its just a PHP add on for languages or something like that.  I just do not know.  Thanks

ross Team
ross Team
ross May 16 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Scott
Scott May 17 '16

Well I have been told by Oxwall (Ross) find developer as above.  However, one of the reply I have received from them, which are all the same, is as follows (I would like to inform you that oxwall core does not support those unique characters so please cancel Project).   Can any one give me some guidance.  thanks

Hello , i would like to inform you that oxwall core does not support those unique characters so please cancel the projectHello , i would like to inform you that oxwall core does not support those unique characters so please cancel the projectHello , i would like to inform you that oxwall core does not support those unique characters so please cancel the project