We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Video Uploader | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jun 13 '16
yes well we will start with this version and build option on it as i see you can also cut up videos and stuff.  That will probably be a admin function if i add that.  

Help me find out what the freaken -y option is for when making a thumbnail ;)

dave Leader
dave Jun 13 '16
i found it, overwrite output files.. 
dave Leader
dave Jun 13 '16
i would love to be able to add meta data but its not supported yet
dave Leader
dave Jun 13 '16
thanks, yes you can put it in the video thats not the problem, the problem is that videojs does not support meta yet, they will just not now.  Plus assuming those libraries are available, remember i am only doing the main library this time around. 
The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 13 '16
dave Leader
dave Jun 13 '16
i added it though, just hardcoded cause it should be a standard option. 
dave Leader
dave Jun 16 '16
OK its done and submitted for approval, i hope you'll all love it :)
dave Leader
dave Jun 20 '16
In the store now.. whoopeee.... :)

I decided to forgo the progress bar for now because so many of them dont work right and just create extra jquery errors to solve.   However i am working on a countdown display which should give you an idea of the time left. 

Understand that this is not a perfect science, many coders have been trying to solve this issue for a long time and some get close while others just guess at it.  There is always a battle between what the server has received and what the user has sent and even then its not perfect.  

Another way to do it is to try to grab the users upload speed and then compare that to the file size but again upload speeds can fluctuate even during a upload.  But this gets people in trouble because some people dont want their upload speed tested without their permission. 

There is also the way each server processes uploads, some servers take time to scan each file while some dont.  So again a battle to calculate. Have you ever wondered why even youtube has that extra processing time when you upload, its because they are trying to cover up the gap in the upload process time. 

The countdown is intended to give you an idea, not an exact completion time.  I think the easiest way to do it is to just figure 3mb per minute upload speed as a world average. And then calculate from there.  

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 20 '16
dave Leader
dave Jul 12 '16
No shame on the developer for not keeping up with taking care of his product.  Besides mine is better in all areas... 
The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 12 '16
dave Leader
dave Jul 12 '16
I think puru but im not 100% on that as there were several on the market. But theirs did only ffmpeg thumb thats it.  

Mine does video conversions and the thumb as well. It also supports html5 and it does both normal php uploads as well as ffmpeg uploads.  It also has tons of other features.  Regarding the embed button i dont need one there is already one with the normal oxwall video plugin, why would i want to add another one.  :)   Yes it is alittle more expensive but it was also 10x the work and took me many hours to do it.  But it is not that bad and still very affordable at $28 

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 12 '16
dave Leader
dave Jul 12 '16
I know that Franz, i was just explaining ;)   I am not sure i think it was puru but i think he has flown the coop and abanonded his store sadly.  I hope not but that is what appears to be happening.  The video plugin was taken down due to complaints by users. 
Sypa CC (Creative Fertile)
There are so many plugins which are more expensive than yours Dave and I can't understand why.

Every good video plugin for wordpress, vbulletin, etc cost more than 28 USD. So Dave's price is really fair. We had some problems with little bugs but Dave's support is incredible. We use the regular video plugin to add videos and ultimate for personal video upload. We used Puru's video upload plugin before but it hasn't been developed with new functions since it was released. We needed an uploader for different video types with different functions. And Dave made it. Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3