We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Main page crashed, need to recover widgets... | Forum

Juan
Juan Dec 27 '10
Hi, I used a "Custom Text/Html" box on the main page and embedded a featured members image plus embedded a Youtube video inside the "Wall Box" and it all seemed to work fine but when I tried editing the text in the "Welcome Box" the main page crashed.

I tried removing the widgets and tried moving things around to see if I could get the site back to normal but it got worse. I tried posting my issue in the Forum last week but I had no replies from Oxwall. I had to get my site back online somehow so I had no other choice but to try to figure out how to fix it myself.

After trying all kinds of ways to fix this problem, I ended up having to delete the "Custom Text/Html" widget from the data base and that seemed to work but now I have no "Custom Text/Html" widget anymore and the "Welcome Box" is gone too :(

How can I recover or update these widgets back to the site and data base?

Thanks!
The Forum post is edited by Juan Dec 27 '10
Den Team
Den Dec 28 '10
Hi
In what tables did you delete HTML component?
Juan
Juan Dec 28 '10
I deleted one from "ow_base_component" and another from "ow_base_component_place"
Juan
Juan Jan 2 '11
Addenster, still waiting for your reply!

Thank you!
The Forum post is edited by Juan Jan 2 '11
Den Team
Den Jan 3 '11
Sorry for a long delay Juan.
Run this query via phpmyadmin in oxwall's database:
INSERT INTO `ow_base_component` (`className`, `clonable`) VALUES ('BASE_CMP_CustomHtmlWidget', 1);
Juan
Juan Jan 4 '11
Got my Custom text/Html widget back! :)

Thank you Adden and Oxwall for your continuing efforts and support! :D
I look forward to the updates and won't mind paying for some of it ether, it's well worth it!...

Juan Bartet
Artistmatch.net
The Forum post is edited by Juan Jan 4 '11
Den Team
Den Jan 5 '11
:)
Scot
Scot Dec 8 '11
I also see only text in all the pages. There was major thing that I was doing, it just happened on its own.

I tries to retrack a few steps of removing advertising plugin., but htat didnt help.

appreciate if you could share how you finally resolved it ?

attaching a ipcture of how the main page is looking now, only text no pictures or styles ??
Attachments:
  bug.png (41.34Kb)
Michael I.
Michael I. Dec 9 '11
What version of Oxwall are you currently using? Did this happen after the installation or after any other changes made in the code?
austin krones
austin krones Jun 20 '23

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with your website. It sounds like the "Custom Text/Html" widget caused some problems, leading to the loss of the "Welcome Box" as well. Recovering or updating the widgets might require some technical expertise. I would recommend reaching out to the support team of Oxwall directly, explaining the situation and steps you have already taken. They should be able to provide you with guidance and assistance on recovering Net Worth or restoring the missing widgets.

katyswift468
katyswift468 Jun 22 '23
Say goodbye to getting lost and hello to stress-free travel with mapquest
beyondherd
beyondherd Nov 11 '23
Lost precious data? Don't panic, we've got you covered! 

Introducing data recovery on reddit - Your Trusted Data Recovery Partner 

At data recovery on reddit, we understand the frustration and stress that comes with losing important files, photos, or documents. Whether it's a crashed hard drive, accidental deletion, or a virus attack, our expert data recovery team is here to help you retrieve your valuable data.