We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How tracking actions on you website? | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 24 '16

I have adwords campaigns but i do not know if it is possible with oxwall tracking you campaigns what they doing after they click one of my adwords campaigns?

I was read this link but i was not really sure how to setup it with oxwall

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en

Someone have setup this before and is it easy setup with oxwall?

I need some simple instructions to doing this from someone who did this before

ross Team
ross Jun 24 '16
I believe you have to link your Google Analytics and Adwards accounts

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

ross Team
ross Jun 24 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 25 '16
Thanks Ross...I done that now and where i can see if someone sign up on my website from my adwords campaigns? i could not find where it is to much settings and views

Sorry i new on this and  i should do this long time ago...google eating my money 

dave Leader
dave Jun 25 '16

"where i can see if someone sign up on my website from my adwords campaigns"

That would be a question you would need to ask google. 

dave Leader
dave Jun 25 '16
you might also read this.. 

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/48278

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 25 '16
"That would be a question you would need to ask google. "

so there is no way to see this in all this fancy statistics they have?

dave Leader
dave Jun 25 '16
They have changed the format since i left them, so i honestly dont know. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 26 '16
I think i need create a "goal"

But im not sure what url i should use?

What url can i reffered to after someone finished creating account on my website? i guess there is not "thank you for sign up" page on oxwall ?

Can someone give me some "goal" url pages that i can use for tracking my adwords campaigns

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jun 26 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 26 '16
I have tested this now and when i finished make a profile i will send to a url look like this "www.mysite.com" that would bee impossible track my adwords campaigns with a url look like same my start page?

I need a landing page url that is different that i can use as goal page when someone finished signed up but it looks like impossible for a oxwall website? or did i missing something here?

Can you help me out here ross or someone else can give me advice how i can create a goal page when i not have any url that i can use a goal page in google analytics?

dave Leader
dave Jun 26 '16
sorry i dont know how to do that
The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 26 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 26 '16
how about dashboard would that not bee a goal page that everyone use after they singned up? and you could only access that page if you are a member on my website?

would not that working?

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 26 '16
ahaa i know now....after someone signed up they get to this page www.mysite.com but when i check the source page this is actually the dashboard page?

i really confused why it is like this?

Dave do you know why 2 urls and same page? 

dave Leader
dave Jun 26 '16
ross will know for sure, youll have to wait for him unless someone else chimes in 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 26 '16
oh i was think you know why 2 urls and why they not landing on the dashboard url the other url?
dave Leader
dave Jun 26 '16
i dont do alot of userside stuff so i dont know 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 26 '16

yes interesting to know why same page do have 2 urls? and why not www.mysite.com/dashboard default one shows up but i can see the page in the source code? 

it have been solved many problems i think if www.mysite.com/dashboard was deafult url for that page after a member sign up