We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Add new smileys not working (Solved) - Emojis and Smileys | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 26 '16
Hi

I have try add new smileys now but it not working?

I have add new category but the category not shows up

What is the problem , why not possible add you own smileys?

I not want all you 600 or 700 smileys i want have my own smileys so why it not working?

Do i need first install all you 600 smileys and then after that delete all you smileys 1 by 1 ??? and after that add a new category?? i feel a very complicated process if it is like this??

I try now delete all you smileys but then AGAIN it is not possible add you own category ONLY if i have all this smiley left

Same bad feature with old smiley plugin if you delete all his standard smileys and categories the plugin will not work correct. 

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jun 26 '16
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jun 26 '16
Hi, to start manually with your own smileys without installing the default pack.

Please follow this steps:

1.- Add your first smiley (if you have already a smiley, skip this step)

2.- Add your first category (if you already have a category, skip this step)

3.- Clic on "Edit" in the smiley, select your category and clic on save.

This is only needed for the first smiley, after this steps, in the "add emojis form", you are going to see the field "select category" for new smileys.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Jun 26 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 26 '16
ahaa so you need first add smiley after that add category it is little backward i feel but okey i will try that....

i was try add category and after that try add smiley so maybe thats why it did not working...

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 26 '16

Yes now i see it works i was forced to add 1 smiley first after that everything is normal and working correct.

Thanks for the instructions and maybe someone see this can use same instructions if they only want upload they own smileys...

Senior Developer Leader
You are welcome!

We are going to make it work without all this steps in the next version.

Would you please add "Solved" in the title of this topic? So other users know that it is working.

Thank you.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 26 '16
I was try delete the topic totally but could not do that? but i did add solved
Senior Developer Leader
I dont know if you can delete it (I don't see a "delete" button), but I think that with the addition of "solved" is enought.

Thank you.

Senior Developer

You do not have permission to reply this topic