We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Emails | Forum

Rustle
Rustle Jul 1 '12
Hi Guys, Just started with Oxwall and excited so far about it's potential.

The system isn't sending emails... for example email verification emails or new user emails or any of the notification emails.

I have tried the following:

Cron: set up as shown in the picture and I am pretty sure this is correct using cPanel X.

SMTP servers, I tried with this enabled and disabled, the settings I put in tested without problems.

The system says 'Verification email successfully sent'

But if never arrives. (Have check Junk mail folders etc, and tried several addresses)

Attachments:
  Screen Shot 2012-07-01 at 12.43.25.png (30.42Kb)
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 4 '12
Did you contact your hosting company regarding the issue? Probably the problem is with your mail server.
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Jul 18 '12
I have been having the exact same issue with oxwall. I can go into my webmail as well as my email client, send email from both, and the emails get delivered instantly. 

My members are telling me they did not get the verification email after joining my oxwall site. 

That would tell me the issue isn't my server. 

Edy
Edy Jul 19 '12
yeah  you are not the only one.. I have the same problem.But  when i run my cronjob ,mail seem to deliver on time.

but recentely,when i run my cronjob it says successful but it redirect to a 500.phtml  error  though..
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 20 '12
So you are saying that there are no emails at all are sent from your website? Do you receive any notifications? What about the ow_base_mail table? Is it empty? If it is, then the problem is definitely with the mail server. And if there are dozens of records in that table, that is a sign to check your Cron jobs functionality.