We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Ethos theme send private message showing undifined | Forum

Bhardwaj sinh
Bhardwaj sinh Jul 22 '16
Ross its also showing this error now please check it " Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'class' (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or '{' or '$' in /home/robbersp/public_html/oxwall/ow_core/developer_tools.php on line376"
dave Leader
dave Jul 22 '16
its your php version you must have php 5.5   please remember every time you install any script from anyone, always check the requirements first.   

On the right side of this page are the oxwall requirements.  http://www.oxwall.org/hosting

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 22 '16
Bhardwaj sinh
Bhardwaj sinh Jul 22 '16
Yes it is php 5.5 i have checked it 
dave Leader
dave Jul 22 '16
how did you check it.... you have to use phpinfo() to check it, that error has been talked about alot on this forum and it always is because the php version is not 5.5

if you have a php option which allows you to change the versions then dont use that, check it via phpinfo();

Bhardwaj sinh
Bhardwaj sinh Jul 22 '16
and now my site is asking to install oxwall Again i dont no what to do please tell ross to check my server as early as possible because its down now he has my details please ask him to check it please it is http://robberspace.com/oxwall

dave Leader
dave Jul 22 '16
he may be doing that right now... just wait please...  :)
Bhardwaj sinh
Bhardwaj sinh Jul 22 '16
Ross, 

I feel i have lost my network please have a look to it please.

Bhardwaj sinh
Bhardwaj sinh Jul 22 '16
hey its asking me to install the site again
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jul 22 '16
Did you do something before that?
Bhardwaj sinh
Bhardwaj sinh Jul 22 '16
i tried to go back to 1.8.1 because things were working perfectly on it
The Forum post is edited by Bhardwaj sinh Jul 22 '16
Senior Developer Leader
Please backup your database before continue doing something else, backup all your website too in case something goes wrong.

After the backup please edit this file with your data and replace the one in ow_includes/config.php

Attachments:
  config.zip (0Kb)
Bhardwaj sinh
Bhardwaj sinh Jul 22 '16
sorry sir but i dont know how to do it will you please do it for me i can give you acess to my c panel please.
Senior Developer Leader

It's really easy, if you learn it now it will be really helpful in the near future because is a must to make recurrent database and website backups.

Please follow this tutorial for the database backup:

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/backup-and-restore/backup-your-database-in-cpanel

This for the full website files backup:

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/cpanel/cpanel-file-manager/complete-cpanel-backup

For edit the config file that I sent to you, please use a plain text editor "Notepad++" recomended.

After edit the file you need to upload it using this tutorial:

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/file-management/how-to-upload-a-file-using-file-manager-in-cpanel

- Before step 4, in the last tutorial, please navigate to the dir "public_html/ow_includes/" and upload the new config file. You will see one config.php file, that is the one you are going to replace.

Note: The tutorials are probably from another hosting but applies for all cPanel in almost all hosting providers.

Bhardwaj sinh
Bhardwaj sinh Jul 22 '16
ok i will try for it if i need assistance i will take your help sir thank you very much 
Senior Developer Leader
You are welcome, please let us know what happens. If you give us detailed explanation of what you did and where are you stuck in, we can help you better and faster.
Bhardwaj sinh
Bhardwaj sinh Jul 22 '16
Hii I tried doing it sir but still its a kind of reset happened to my site I am not able to login to my admin panel and as well as the customization on the join up page changed I think it has completly gone please help me with it 
The Forum post is edited by Bhardwaj sinh Jul 22 '16
dave Leader
dave Jul 22 '16

make sure you have php 5.5 verified by using phpinfo()

then make sure you have a backup

save your config.php file somewhere you know where it is, 

drop all the tables in your db

delete all your oxwall files 

reinstall the software again

make another backup 

drop the tables again

import your backup sql

and change the ow_password_salt in your config file,  use the one in the config file you saved. 

and it should fire up ... 

now remember that whatever state your system is at when you back it up is where it needs to be when you import the backup.  That means that whatever plugins are active need to be install and in the same way when your done. So i would advise before the backup just uninstall all  plugins...   That way when you import your backup sql for the db, everything is fine. 

i would also advise you to hang around the forums more often, read posts, and learn how to do things. It is not that hard but you seem to be lacking the very basic of skills in order to even run a website as an admin.  

And we have all been there, i understand where you are at right now experience wise.  So that is why i advise you to hang out more often, read posts, get familiar with how to do things.  And also watch some videos on youtube, there are some good ones on basic shared hosting practices as well as vps and dedi. 

You will get there and we can help you but you have to learn some stuff on your own as well ok... We are here to help get you started but we cant always nurse you through things that you should know already.   :)   

Hang in there ok.... youll get there :) dont panic  :) 

Senior Developer Leader
I forgot about the OW_PASSWORD_SALT, in the backup please open the config.php and you will see this line

define('OW_PASSWORD_SALT', 'somethingrandomhere');

You are unable to login until you put the correct salt from the original into the new one config file.

If this still doesn't works, try all that dave said in the exact order.

And when you answer or ask something, please provide detailed explanation of what you already did so we can provide you with a better answer without be guessing.

The original problem it was indeed the php version, and it will be there until you switch to php 5.5, this is how you do have to do it:

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/php/how-to-change-the-php-version-your-account-uses

Bhardwaj sinh
Bhardwaj sinh Jul 23 '16
Hii sir the problem got completely solved thanks i checked some of your past salt forms and i found the reply but now problem is my user have to go for forgot password option and renew their password is there any way to sort this one out
dave Leader
dave Jul 23 '16
Thats why i said to replace that value when you did this.....   it will keep them from having to do that..   Now since some users have prob changed theirs, youll have to either leave it or make a backup,  remove the user table data, upload you old backup user table data that you did originally and then make sure your salt is the same as it was originally, then the users wont have to do anything..  
The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 23 '16
Pages: « 1 2 3 »