We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How can i change Realname with Username | Forum

Onur
Onur Jul 30 '16
i changed it with {$realname} tag but it is not showing real name in user title what should i do?
Steve
Steve Jul 31 '16
Okay to get your username to show instead of your real name go to :

http://www.yourwebsite.com/admin/settings/user

There you will see a box with Real name in it with a little arrow just to the right click on the arrow them click on username then go down to the bottom of the page and click on save.        

Onur
Onur Aug 1 '16
i am speaking abouth invidual userpage for seo.

{$user_name} {$user_age}  i want to change it with realname. i changed but it is not showing real name on seo
dave Leader
dave Aug 4 '16
Im not so sure that people want their real name showing up in seo.  Isnt that a privacy issue.
Onur
Onur Aug 4 '16
but facebook using it.
dave Leader
dave Aug 4 '16
Im just saying be careful with that :)  FB has lots of money for good attornies.  They have money to fight legal battle.  If someone filed a suit on you for privacy you could not fight it.  Just be careful... just because FB does stuff does not mean its a good idea for others. 

Privacy is a very serious matter to people now days, just be careful. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 4 '16
Onur
Onur Aug 7 '16
anyway. if even it will be privacy issue. i want to put in on seo? 
how can i make it?

Onur
Onur Aug 28 '16
wich file i should modifice?
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 28 '16
I need hire a developer for doing this in one old plugin i have, but i feels NEW plugins should have this integrated with all variables
Onur
Onur Aug 28 '16
Peoples search their real name more than thair username. Bcz of that i want to change it. life before... 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 28 '16
i have removed real name on my website totally i feel many are not happy with leave they real names on a not SUPER FAMOUS website. And i can understand them who want do that. Is onur you real name?

is that you real photo? no need answer that two last questions

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 28 '16
Onur
Onur Aug 28 '16
Yes. Onur my real name
Onur
Onur Aug 28 '16
https://www.google.com/#q=gamze+akkaya&start=10

look here. it is not finding. just finding from forum. it is not finding from user page.
Michel
Michel Aug 31 '16
Hi

excuse for my bad english

I'm right with Onur. I search the name of variable for the real name in SEO and not the user name cause user name {$user_name} is the login of the member, it's not secure to display it.

For my website, it's important cause i can have user_name/login 'xorkftop' and my real name 'Trafic 2 Rock'. 'Trafic 2 Rock' is more interesting for the search engine than 'xorkftop'.

I try to see on the code but i find nothing about that. I've send a message to OxWall, i've no answer for the moment.

My post in french about this question

Have a good day ;)

Michel 

Onur
Onur Jan 10 '17
i will pay for someone who will do this? 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 10 '17
I will not use real name on my website i feel that is to seriously and this days nobody want input to uch private information in public. i get everydays 100 of people that try input fake emails and it only grows .2017 is more people tired of give away private information to many social websites and dating sites . and i think the more the years will go to more people will not accept insert private information like real names, real email and real photos. we are not on 1990 anymore people are more aware of they safety on internet.

But maybe you right it is good to have a website that force people put hey real names in the urls for everyone can see? i can bee wrong . but it is easy find someone local with just search for the real name on google. probbaly your website "maybe" would show up and everyone know that person is joined that type of website. i guess youwould happy about that bt maybe not that user would bee so happy

hmmm i need think about that...and sorry about my english 

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 10 '17
Onur
Onur Jan 10 '17
it is not good for seo username. i lost a lot of organic users after update oxwall. it doesnt matter for me important to have a good place in google. if you dont have users what will you do with emty website?