We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Avatar upload not working | Forum

Brian
Brian Aug 19 '16
Im needing some help everytime i try to upload a picture it doesnt show up nor does it upload 
dave Leader
dave Aug 19 '16
check your permissions to be sure you have the right file permissions set up. 

see here  https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/8266

recursively means everything inside must also have the same permissions. 

so for example if a folder has to be 777 recursively then every time in that folder must also be 777 permissions..  Its easy to do with ftp... 

Brian
Brian Aug 19 '16
How would i in put that 
dave Leader
dave Aug 19 '16
are you asking how to change permissions using ftp?  

did you check them first? no reason to do that if they already have the right permissions

ross Team
ross Aug 19 '16
Do you get any error? 

Is the image broken after upload? Or it does not appear at all? 

Brian
Brian Aug 19 '16
yes  all of the above

The Forum post is edited by Brian Aug 19 '16
Brian
Brian Aug 19 '16
i changed all the permissions and now my website wont even pull up or load can someone fix it if i give info 
Brian
Brian Aug 19 '16
its fixed it was the web host i was using i had to switch thanks you guys
dave Leader
dave Aug 19 '16
OK glad you got it sorted.. 
Ricardo Quartier
Ricardo Quartier Aug 22 '16
Hello friends? Good ? I have the same problem, i set all the folders to 777.. the files on the root are 644.. but the occurs.. when i ry to send the picture, just the square appears and the timer loading and nothing.. i just notice even that Fconnect from Facebook... does not work too.. what am I missing ?

Many thanks ! 
The Forum post is edited by Ricardo Quartier Aug 22 '16
Brian
Brian Aug 22 '16
i had to redo my website because i guess some codes was missing for facebook connect you have to make a app for your website https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login and then copy and paste the api and secret 
ross Team
ross Aug 22 '16
Ricardo, please do not duplicate your posts: https://developers.oxwall.com/...um/topic/8266?page=1
Ricardo Quartier
Ricardo Quartier Aug 23 '16
I got confused on the best topic to put, the question, since both are talking about the same thing.

Updates... i notice that if i upload a picture, not for avatar... just a photo... and later try to change the avatar, using that picture, it works.

If i still try to upload a pic direct to avatar... dont work at all... just that time round thing appears.. 

Thanks Brian, i will try to have a look at the facebook.-login

And sorry Ross...

The Forum post is edited by Ricardo Quartier Aug 23 '16
Ricardo Quartier
Ricardo Quartier Aug 23 '16
Thanks Brian, the Facebook connection worked.. :)
Brian
Brian Aug 23 '16
Quote from Ricardo Quartier Thanks Brian, the Facebook connection worked.. :)
Your welcome 
Andrey
Andrey Apr 23 '17
Hello, 

Avatar upload not working.Registered  members to my website can't change avatar on their profiles,and new user,when they are register don't may to upload avatar

Here's the error : 

base+upload_avatar_faild

Thanks for your help

Attachments:
  Screenshot_2017-04-23-09-25-55.png (89Kb)
andi surya
andi surya Jul 23 '20

I thing 2 thing make this problem is solved

SSL and Paid Hosting.

Deutech
Deutech Aug 10 '23
Protect your skin from harmful UV rays with Deutech's best sunscreen in Pakistan. With a lightweight and non-greasy surface, Deutech's sunscreen quickly absorbs into the skin, providing long-lasting sun protection without leaving a residue. Deutech offers the best sunscreens to its customers. Shop now!
The Entertainer
The Entertainer Aug 11 '23

Looking for baby toys online in Pakistan? The Entertainer offers an amazing collection of baby chair, walkers, toys, and bouncers of the best quality. So, Shop Now for Baby toys online from The Entertainer.

nerufbqu
nerufbqu Aug 12 '23

Good luck Schneider, all the best for you and your team

تأسيس شركة في دبي