We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Choise Function - Photos Watermark Pro | Forum

Sypa CC (Creative Fertile)
Is it possible to add the function that every user can choose to use watermark or not? This is useful on websites where users can share more than their own photos.
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Sep 6 '16

Hi Sypa CC (Creative Fertile)!

Right now that feature is not included, I will add it in the next update.

There is a way I can add this functionality:

In the user preferences, the user should uncheck the option "Add Watermark" and it will apply to all the photos that he is going to upload.

Please tell me if that fits your needs.

Thank you!

This is a good idea. But I think the best way would be to have the choice by photo upload directly. I know this from some social websites. I'm sure, users need time to know this choice in their preference. But if they can choose directly by uploading the pictures, it is much easier.
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Sep 8 '16
Yes, actually I can add the option in the photos upload form, but the watermarks in the newsfeed can't be done like that right now, for the newsfeed the only way to make it work properly is adding the option in user preferences.
Hmmm, is it possible adding the option for both? If I choose no watermark in my profile settings but choose yes on photo upload, would this work?
Senior Developer Leader
Yes, that would work.

I can add 1 global setting on user configuration, the user can choose enable or disable his watermarks and this would apply to photos plugin and newsfeed photo attachments.

If the user choose "disable watermark" in the global setting, the upload form in photos plugin will have the option "Add watermark" with default value to "no".

Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Sep 8 '16
I like the "choose" function.

I have an all-over watermark. I'd love to allow them to choose "image" and "username" options separately.

*smiles*
Senior Developer Leader
Hi Miss Nookie!

I'm going to add this feature this weekend.

Thank you!

Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Sep 8 '16
Perfect. I'll be making the purchase.

*smiles*
I agree, too: Perfect ;)
Have you updated? I couldn't find any changelog informations.
Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Sep 16 '16
Looking for an estimate on updating. I'd love to get the new features tested. *smiles*
Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Sep 27 '16
Hello. Any update yet?
Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Sep 27 '16
I'd be willing to throw $20 at the issue, to get those choices in.
You do not have permission to reply this topic