We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Photo resolution | Forum

Ralph Weber
Ralph Weber Sep 15 '16
Hi,

I've noticed that all the pictures my users upload are quite small although the original files have a much higher resolution. I know they are being resized to safe space and bandwidth but I would like to be able to specify to what size the pictures are resized. Thumbnail size is fine, but when you click a picture, we all find it's too small in the viewer.

Where in the code is that function hiding? I would like, for example, to specify that landscape pictures should be no smaller than 1200px in length and portrait pictures no smaller than 1200px in height.

Also, is there any update as to dropping from WideImage and moving to Imagemagick? I'm having color issues with WideImage, and on a site focussing on photography, that's quite relevant ;) 

many thanks in advance

The Forum post is edited by Ralph Weber Sep 15 '16
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Sep 16 '16

Hi Ralph Weber,

In order to change width and height, you need to edit this file: ow_plugins/photo/bol/photo_service.php

And change this values on line 49 and 50 of that file.

CONST DIM_MAIN_HEIGHT = 640;    CONST DIM_MAIN_WIDTH = 960;

To make it work with ImageMagick, there is a lot of work to make it work properly, so you need to hire a developer or do it by yourself adding such functionality.

Ralph Weber
Ralph Weber Sep 29 '16
Thanks! That worked! :)

Yeah pity that pretty much everything out there uses ImageMagick for all its obvious benefits but Oxwall is stuck on WideImage. Thanks for the headsup though. 

Norias
Norias Sep 30 '16

Hi, 

It coul'd be nice if some cool dev makes a plugin to switch to Imagemagick ;)
eliananova
eliananova Sep 2 '22

The most common aspect ratio for content in home theater projectors settings (e.g. cable/satellite feeds, streaming content, etc.) is 16:9. That in mind, 1080p and 4k UHD are the two resolutions home users should consider.  The power of these Projectors means they work well even with high levels of ambient light.

James Walter
James Walter Jul 3 '23
It takes a lot of work to make it work with ImageMagick effectively, so you'll either need to hire a developer or do it yourself by adding that feature. | photo booth pittsburgh pa
REHMAN
REHMAN 3 hours ago
I’m impressed, I must say. Actually rarely should i encounter a weblog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you’ve hit the nail within the head. Your thought is outstanding; the thing is something that too little consumers are speaking intelligently about. I’m happy that we came across this during my hunt for some thing in regards to this. đăng ký tydo88
REHMAN
REHMAN 3 hours ago
I’m impressed, I must say. Actually rarely should i encounter a weblog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you’ve hit the nail within the head. Your thought is outstanding; the thing is something that too little consumers are speaking intelligently about. I’m happy that we came across this during my hunt for some thing in regards to this. đăng ký tydo88