We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Adding custom header for mobile | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
dave Leader
dave Oct 4 '16
Has there been any discussion in development about adding a custom header section for mobile. Sometimes it is required to set header content which only affects the mobile version and not the desktop. 

Thanks 

ross Team
ross Oct 4 '16
Dave, even if there was such a discussion, I'm not aware of that. Sorry I don't have such info. 
dave Leader
dave Oct 5 '16
OK thanks :)
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 5 '16
Dave give me a sample when you need set header section in mobile version, i know it is importen in desktop version to doing this. like implement hreflang and other things for have you website working on google search engine.
dave Leader
dave Oct 5 '16
Adjusting the Cache time is one thing. Cache times should be different between desktop and mobile to allow mobile to load faster. People seem to be more impatient when it comes to load times on mobile than they do on desktop load times. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 5 '16
yes agree.... what code in desktop version do i need for adjust that in the header :-) could you share the code :)
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Oct 5 '16
dave Leader
dave Oct 5 '16
http://dev.mobify.com/...-http-cache-headers/

this is what i was reading for mobile.  I have obviously dealt with them before but sometime i need to be refreshed. 

so you can do something as simple as this 

#a simple 200 second cache time

header("Cache-Control "max-age=200, public")

or even like this 

# One month for most static assets

<filesMatch ".(css|jpg|jpeg|png|gif|js|ico)$">

Header set Cache-Control "max-age=2628000, public"

</filesMatch>

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 5 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 5 '16
Interesting article...i think we should suggest head section for mobil version or suggest that oxwall adjust cache in mobile version for make the mobile version faster and not have same cache as the desktop version.

I hope you you can put it on user voice for we vote that up or send you suggestion to the moderator team

dave Leader
dave Oct 5 '16
I am out of votes on uservoice, i cant vote for anything else until i take away something else. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 6 '16
same with me dave out of votes :/
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 20 '23
That means not only do they know their stuff, they know it better than anyone, ensuring clients top tier service on any project they engage. Pro Chino Hills Concrete
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
We know that time is money for you and that’s why we work quickly and efficiently to get your repairs done right the first time. Medford Towing Company