We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Feel scammed | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 24 '16
Hello

I use SMTP service and i have try many different SMTP service but all the time they change my ip to blacklisted ip and then i send a message to support and they give me a perfect working ip and then efter 1 or 3 days i back with a black listed ip. this can continue forever.

I feel they use a strategy for sell they own NEW ip that are expensive. And the day you leave they service you can not use that ip that you was build up good reputation on.

What to do?

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Oct 24 '16
dave Leader
dave Oct 27 '16
Cancel the SMTP service, i dont see how you really need it.  If you do there are other services out there that can offer you a better feature.   In order to get blacklisted you must either be sending out a ton of emails per day, or you are sending emails to people that have not signed up for your email and they list you as a spammer, or some other process which is not normal.  

What exactly do you use your SMTP service provider for?  Whats the purpose? 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 27 '16
Hi

I send out 40.000 emails 1 month. And i need have control what emails that get complaint and what emails that bounce and what email that rejects.

thats is why i use SMTP have more control for your outgoing emails to your members. And you can see who decided to unsubscribe from you outgoing emails. so i use it for 4 things.

If you not have SMTP i feel it is like sending out emails in the dark and hope you not get complaints,bounces,unsubscribtions,rejects from old adreses and other rejects.

Now i thinking about hire expert to look the content in my outgoing emails to improve content and update content in my outgoing emails from my skadate website. email servers always update they spam filters and implement new rules so you need bee updated all the time.

I have work with website now for awhile and i think email is more complicated stuff then i was think it was when i was started my business. I feel the email industry have make it to easy for people complaint. some are to lazy sometimes delete they profile on my website and use the spam button for stop get mail from me. they agree bee on my mail list when they sign up on my website but later after 1 or 2 years they lazy delete they profile they rather press the spam button then delete they profile. 

lazy people can hurt you email reputation and that is very crazy system that get worse every year...

I hope i could build my site in future only with push notifications instead of emails. but there is many thing to solve if use a system like that because you no control as webmaster with push as you have with emails.

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Oct 27 '16
dave Leader
dave Oct 27 '16
wow so your sending out 1300+ emails every day, no wonder your getting banned so easily. You should be using some sort of mailing list i would think, this would not only help you throttle those emails to be more manageble but also might keep you off the banning hotlist.  

You really need to be sure that people actually subscribe at first before you send them anything, do you currently do that? 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 27 '16
They subscribe all that i have in my mailing list. I never get blacklisted but my SMTP use IP that are shared with others and rotate this blacklisted IP with they customers so many times i need send ticket to they support and tell them update my IP and remove they blacklisted IP. 

I know they strategy is to make you tired and make you buy they expensive IP and this make me upset it is bad strategy they use and it is not only they who use it many SMTP use same strategy 

they say send send 10.000 emails free 1 month but later when you use this service you notice you use blacklisted ip:s that they change all the time. this for make you very tired and frustrated of have this shared blacklisted ip and buy they IP that is not shared with many others.

dave Leader
dave Oct 27 '16
If you are using your local machine to run your site, you can probably get a good dedicated IP from your ISP, i know mine offers them for $10 a month.   You can probably save some money and just use something like PHPList to do your mailing list, but you will have to start  your mailing list over again as i believe that law forbids people from importing lists, even if they subscribed before you will need to have them do it again.  Think about that also before you consider moving to another service. 

Whats your bounce percentage, if you have a high bounce rate they will ban you for sure. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 27 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 27 '16
I not have local machine to run my site. I never know how to setup a server. I think you need some experience if setup a server at home.

What i should need is a local email server and run my website on my host that i run now.

but to setup a email server at home i read can bee complicated if you not do it before

dave Leader
dave Oct 27 '16
What i would suggest is to google "mass email forum" or "mail forum" or something like that. Im sure there are much better resources out there with tons of information and can answer alot of your questions that i cant answer.   They will also have specific solutions for you that can help you with that many emails and how to manage them properly as well as what to do about your IP issue.   

Please let us know what you find out and share the info, i am very curious.