We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I think the extreme cache plugin has finaly gone kaput! | Forum

dave Leader
dave Nov 6 '16
I noticed before 1.8.4 that the free exteme cache plugin was not at 100% all the time when clearing cache.  But now i have noticed a big difference with 1.8.4.   

Now some of this is due to the fact that i also use cloudflare for my DNS and it caches every page of the site. And in order to get a new page when you want it you have to clear their cache for that file.  

But even with that, i noticed that expecially with JS, CSS, and images that the plugin was not clearing the site cache, the HTML it seems to still do OK with.   

So we all knew this day would come, i have recomended that plugin to alot of people as it used to make it so easy to do.  But it may be on its last legs folks, so just be prepared to start changing to dev mode when it does. 

The reason im posting this here as well as in the plugin support page is because it is so popular and i have recomended it more times than i can count. 

Just wanted to give you a heads up is all.  Especially with a new version of Oxwall around the corner and with all the cache clearing issues it maybe be better to slowly ween off the plugin and start using dev mode now.  Not even sure if anyone is going to ever update it or not. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 6 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 6 '16
Dave sounds like a project for you :) You could update it or make a better version :) I been told to not use that plugin and uninstall it from one oxwall developer here at oxwall. 

so i guess this plugin is not good to use anymore, someone should try upgrade it or take over the plugin that have programming skills. 

i agree it would bee much easier with a plugin like this to clear you cache 

i use the manually way now and it can bee frustrating if you do it many times

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 6 '16
i do not know but i been told from a oxwall developer deactivate that plugin i think 2 times ...i was stupid not ask him why i should ask him why...i think he would not tell me now if i ask him...but i feel there is something wrong with that plugin because he told me that 2 times for about 2 months ago or was it 3 months ago he was help me with my site

and now dave tell us it not works good and he is a programmer maybe he knows why and can answer you question better...

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Nov 6 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 6 '16
okey maybe then it works.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 30 '16
was it working or was it not working? I have not have time test it.
dave Leader
dave Nov 30 '16
I have not narrowed down the exact issue, but i know that it is not consistant every time i run it.  
Isaac
Isaac Jun 27 '23

If you're looking for a game that offers endless possibilities and endless fun, then Pokemon Showdown is the perfect choice. With its customizable rules and endless combinations of Pokemon and strategies, you can play the game for years and never run out of new challenges.

Deutech
Deutech Aug 10 '23
Discover the best and most affordable Aloe Vera gel price in Pakistan at Deutech. Experience the soft and hydrating benefits of pure Aloe Vera gel, enhanced with nutrients and antioxidants. Deutech offers high-quality Aloe Vera gel at an affordable price. Shop now!
The Entertainer
The Entertainer Aug 11 '23
The Entertainer provides baby dolls for girls online in Pakistan. The Entertainer brings an amazing collection of baby stroller, dolls, and other stuffed toys for their costumer.
Rafat Law
Rafat Law Aug 16 '23
Rafat Law Associates is a prominent law firms in Islamabad, known for its exceptional legal services and expertise. With a dedicated team of skilled lawyers, they offer a wide range of legal solutions to clients.
Aspire Bedding
Aspire Bedding Aug 17 '23
Upgrade your bedding to a new level of luxury with Aspire Bedding's bed sheet with comforters in Pakistan. Indulge in coziness and elegance.
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 20 '23
Contacting us opens the door for high-quality construction in things like patios, driveways, pool decks, walking paths, stairs, outdoor fireplaces, retaining walls, and so much more. Fullerton Pro Concrete & Masonry
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
By mobile we mean that our guys come to you, so there’s no fuss with towing and no fees that go along with it. Eden Prairie Towing Company
Waleed Khan
Waleed Khan Jan 7
I am also facing issue of caching what is the cause I dont know, I recently check it through floryvulyura 24h but it not working.
Sameeha Shamoon
Embark on a human-centered football betting adventure with us. Our website UFABETโปรโมชั่นเว็บบอล is not just user-friendly. it's designed to make exploring odds and placing bets a joyous experience. Bet with the ease of a friendly conversation – join us today.
Sameeha Shamoon
Explore Pensacola's inshore fishing treasures, where every cast opens a door to a marine wonderland. Our day unfolded against the Gulf's stunning canvas, immersing us in the excitement of Pensacola beach fishing charters — a perfect fusion of adventure and coastal beauty.
Sameeha Shamoon
Keep a consistent sleep schedule, even on weekends, to help regulate your natural sleep-wake cycle and reduce reliance on sleeping pills. Precautions for sleeping pills should extend to lifestyle adjustments that promote a stable and healthy sleep routine for sustained well-being. 安眠藥注意事項
carson
carson Mar 17
Do you know about https://immortalboost.com/ Dota, short for Defense of the Ancients, is a renowned multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game that has captivated gamers worldwide since its inception. Developed by Valve Corporation, Dota boasts a rich history dating back to its roots as a Warcraft III mod. Players immerse themselves in intense, strategic gameplay as they select heroes with unique abilities and collaborate with their team to destroy the enemy's Ancient while defending their own. With constantly evolving metas, a diverse array of heroes, and a passionate global community, Dota continues to stand as a pillar in the competitive gaming scene, offering endless opportunities for skill development, teamwork, and unforgettable moments of triumph.