We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Open Source Community API | Forum

Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan Mar 4 '17
Sent you sample implementtaion
Quote from Pustak Sadan I will attempt

The Forum post is edited by Pustak Sadan Mar 4 '17
Yevhen
Yevhen Mar 5 '17
Thanks. Today I will configure VM with Apache and will install local version of OXwall. Tomorrow I will start development. Do we need to keep the development process on github?
Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan Mar 5 '17
Github could be a good way to keep other interested people engaged/informed in the development. But it is entirely on you. Do as per your convenient.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 5 '17
Purusothaman Ramanujam was interested to help send him a message i think he can bring something good to the project. Im interested but i need learn how to code first :)
Yevhen
Yevhen Mar 5 '17
I will write using Python 3 and Puru can translate it to PHP. Python is an easy-reading.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 5 '17
For they who not sure what API is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7wmiS2mSXY

Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan Mar 6 '17
Will Python implementation directly compatible with Oxwall plugin system. If not it will be significant  effort to reimplement in PHP again. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 6 '17
I think better Yevhen translate it to PHP, he is the only one that use python in this forum i think and PHP is directly compatible with oxwall plugin system plus they who want to join the project would understand it better if you translate it to php
Yevhen
Yevhen Mar 6 '17
Right now I know only Python )) So I will write in Python and after that will try to translate to PHP using tutorials ))). I will write database driven API, no any connection with PHP code. It will work with db directly without loading WWW service. More quick and more lightweight.
Yevhen
Yevhen Mar 6 '17
I can write on python and on pseudo-code so anybody can translate pseudo-code to any language,
Yevhen
Yevhen Mar 7 '17
API working schemes:
1. auth - token - API - plugin - DB
2. auth - token - API - DB

I have chosen second one, as it is faster and will have less problems with integration. For adding extra plugins to an API developer will need to insert some extra-code to folder with API with DB handling instruction. That's all. And in case something will stop working in his plugin after updates - API will be alive.
In the first scheme if dev. makes mistake - it can cause API errors. Also we will need to write tons of code for connecting with each plugin as the code is not standardized.
Much better to work with database directly.
Yevhen
Yevhen Mar 24 '17
Ok. Is there anybody, who can explain how newsfeed posts are added to db? Too many tables, too many relations without hard logic or any docs.
Yevhen
Yevhen Mar 24 '17
I would like to take the post and to add new one.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 24 '17
will you add winks,advance search,quick search,guest view features from skadate? or will only this api working for oxwall :(
Yevhen
Yevhen Mar 24 '17
Oxwall. I don't have skadate. Maybe later in v2.0 or 3.0
I can add any plugin, but I need instructions how they operate with DB.
Right now I cannot add simple newsfeed as I cannot understand the principle of it's work.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 24 '17
there is no instructions how they operate with DB i think the only way is to try understand how they operate. 

anyways i hope you find out....

Yevhen
Yevhen Mar 24 '17
Yeah. Already done with newsfeed. Now adding to API
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 24 '17
great news :) 
Yevhen
Yevhen Mar 25 '17
OW-Ghost Do You have oxwall on VPS or shared host?
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 25 '17
I have VPS i was try cloudways yesterday and that was a big mistake. I was thinking dedicated cloud should bee perfect for my website but the problem was i need to much cpu power and when need that VPS are much cheaper then a dedicated cloud server so it was a big mistake. so now i back with VPS again.
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Mar 25 '17
Pages: « 1 2 3 »