We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Swap photo/video Star Rating for Likes [ Plugin development needed] | Forum

Nah
Nah Nov 14 '16
Hey Everyone, 

I've done some research on the subject and i understand that with a few modifications i can basically remove/hide the 5 star rating system on photos and videos.

But I was wondering if it was relatively simple to extend the "Like" feature of comments/posts used in the newsfeed to that of videos/photos on the entire site.

Thanks in advance for the help !

The Forum post is edited by Aliya Nov 25 '16
ross Team
ross Nov 15 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Nah
Nah Nov 22 '16
Anyone have any ideas at all ? 

Thank you

dave Leader
dave Nov 22 '16
It all depends on how much you know about the workings of Oxwall Class Functions.

There are ways to add this to which ever event you would like, however if you dont know how to code PHP or HTML or use Smarty then your better off letting a developer do this for you as the changes can be quite extensive at times. 

Warning - as soon as you update the software the changes will be gone, so every time you update you will need to go back and re-add your custom code to the files.  

The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 22 '16
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Nov 23 '16

I'm working on a plugin that add's the "like" button into the photos plugin, please let me know if you are interested on buying such plugin.

Thank you.

dave Leader
dave Nov 23 '16
Nice SD very cool !
Nah
Nah Nov 29 '16

Quote from Senior Developer

I'm working on a plugin that add's the "like" button into the photos plugin, please let me know if you are interested on buying such plugin.

Thank you.

Yes i would be interested in buying such a plugin haha, if the price is right ! 

Thanks

Nah
Nah Nov 29 '16
And thank you dave for the tidbit of information 
Massimo Fagni
Massimo Fagni Mar 12 '17

Quote from Senior Developer

Thank you.

I am very interested at that plugin, I certainly I would purchase.
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Mar 12 '17
Hi Massimo Fagni!

Please take a look at my Reactions and Likes Pro plugin.

It adds the like button to photos plugin and the extra reactions feature.

It works on newsfeed, photos, blogs, forum, events, etc.

Let me know what do you think.

Thank you.

Senior Developer.