We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Fundamental Oxwall Core Features Still Missing | Forum

N8 Core
N8 Core Apr 27 '17
Skalfa has apparently partnered with Oxwall.  This was done i believe to give them some professional options regarding doing business in the USA since Skalfa is based in the USA and sharing some internal responsibilities.

Skalfa is not based in the USA.. They are based in kyrgyzstan, they just have a fony ass USA psotal address to make you feel like they are a USA based company.. sorry and Oxwall and Skalfa didn't partner up..  Oxwall was started up by skalfa, you can see old old docs with skalfa all over it. They knew their original dating software was sinking, So they started up a "community" based CMS built on Smarty net v3, so they could get plenty of free labor to help pave the way to the new skadate of today.   

so..  yeah..  they have amazing ethics

Scam Detector
Scam Detector Apr 27 '17
There is nothing new in everything that you said, you can read all of that and even more here: https://developers.oxwall.com/foundation

You know smarty has LGPL license, right?

Quote from N8 Core Skalfa has apparently partnered with Oxwall.  This was done i believe to give them some professional options regarding doing business in the USA since Skalfa is based in the USA and sharing some internal responsibilities.

Skalfa is not based in the USA.. They are based in kyrgyzstan, they just have a fony ass USA psotal address to make you feel like they are a USA based company.. sorry and Oxwall and Skalfa didn't partner up..  Oxwall was started up by skalfa, you can see old old docs with skalfa all over it. They knew their original dating software was sinking, So they started up a "community" based CMS built on Smarty net v3, so they could get plenty of free labor to help pave the way to the new skadate of today.   

so..  yeah..  they have amazing ethics

James Geddes
James Geddes Jan 2 '21
Hello again everyone!

I just wanted to cross-post the message I wrote in another thread, as I think it is relevant here too.

In short, geek zone are building a platform that will be much better than Oxwall. If this sounds interesting to you, have a chat with me and join us.

edited by moderator

The Forum post is edited by dave Jan 4 '21
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 2 '21

How disgusting are these people who spam.

Not a single message of encouragement, not a single positive message, not a single message to collaborate on anything.

Only ex-users were missing coming here to take members to other platforms.

Last week one with WordPerfect, and now another.

I would like to be the moderator so that I can delete these messages sooner.

Sumate
Sumate Jan 3 '21
Every time I have free time I start to report these things.
dave Leader
dave Jan 4 '21
OK james lets please cut down on the links... we are getting complaints from others as well, thanks... :)
AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 5 '21
Quote from Patricia Zorrilla

How disgusting are these people who spam.

Not a single message of encouragement, not a single positive message, not a single message to collaborate on anything.

Only ex-users were missing coming here to take members to other platforms.

Last week one with WordPerfect, and now another.

I would like to be the moderator so that I can delete these messages sooner.

Collaborate on a dead project that everyone is afraid to fork?

Oxwall gives new meaning to the term FOSS which is supposed to stand for Free Open Source Software.

For Oxwall it stands for Fake Open Source Software.

Encouragement? Positivity? Collaboration?

On and For What?

Oxwall doesn't even accept or commit public changes and patches to ANY of their Github repo's.

This means it isn't Open Source anymore... Period...

DEAD Fake OSS until proven otherwise!

For the record, I wish it was different and have been for years now, but eventually you have to face reality.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Jan 5 '21
AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 5 '21
I hate it just as much as you do Chris... I loved and needed Oxwall to continue for my own site.

I mainly hate the idea of falling out of touch with Dave (even though he has mixed feelings about me) and the majority of the community.

That is what made Oxwall great... Helping each other...

I kind of fell out of touch with that, but maybe we can change course and build something new and better.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Jan 5 '21
AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 6 '21
Come On.. I expected more push back from our community! :-P

It's not that true is it?

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Jan 6 '21
dave Leader
dave Jan 6 '21
One can only push an empty car (out of gas) so far before you leave it on the side of the road (get a ride) and let the buzzards have it...
AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 6 '21
LoL...

Much Love Dave!

Sumate
Sumate Jan 6 '21

I live in a country where I must be more concerned about getting food for my family and my son, the little time that I currently dedicate to Oxwall I waste reading stupid things here in the forum, how ugly to see how we fight each other. It's really annoying, They talk a lot and solve little, I don't have enough knowledge to launch the software myself or launch a better core, If the oxwall team doesn't care about us, let's try on our own to raise oxwall, they are violating their own laws by selling the software at $ 999. Let's stop fighting among ourselves and let's do something together, I want to see more ideas and less arguments, understand that Dave keeps what little remains of oxwall alive.

Sincerely Sumate

AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 7 '21
Sumate...

I have the utmost respect for Dave as a programmer, mentor and human being.

If you would like to discuss the future, it is time to move beyond conventional frameworks entirely.

Most successful dating sites use custom mobile apps anyways (AI Integrated Servers.)

Move beyond Frameworks.. We need AI Integration in every aspect of a framework if you want to stay with a CMS, which is a huge task.

Everything needs to be re-thought, down to the very TCP/IP stack that the entire Internet is built on like including DDoS protection at the routing propagation level (BGP) that shuts off attacker traffic at the DMARC MAC level which also means we need ISP's to start acting responsibly.

We need more abstract, flexible and innovative browsers that don't keep building on 25+ year old technologies.

We need Frameworks that integrate with everything and in new ways/.

Last but not least:

We need more human friendly Programming Languages that are more forgiving with a lower learning curve with automatic issue detection, automatic adaptive patching, less dangerous control and more security without sacrificing ability, stability or performance.

We need Thousands of improvements to technology (Generous Estimate) or to redesign it entirely, perhaps letting AI have a more active role in design:

https://tech.slashdot.org/story/13/07/20/0145244/mit-uses-machine-learning-algorithm-to-make-tcp-twice-as-fast

Interesting enough, a quote from the above article said the researchers didn't even know WHY the machine learning TCP model was faster, only that it was faster:

The researchers have put up a lengthy FAQ and source code where they admit they don't know why the system works, only that it goes faster than normal TCP."

Perhaps we're reaching the limits of the human imagination in regards to technology and innovation?

Maybe we're just getting more lazy because of the internet, social media, easier living and who knows what else?

Or... Hear me out...

Innovation goes unseen and unheard now, because Tech Giants always make any threat disappear one way or another.

The internet is also awash with trash with most Search engines being completely compromised and useless now making it nearly impossible to find anything.

I mean come on... Do we really need 1.6 Billion websites on the internet?

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Jan 7 '21
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 7 '21

Then what do we do? Do we forward all members of our websites to mewe, instagram, tictoc, facebook and twitter?

If you want to set up a virtual store, you better pay for the abuses of amazon?

If you want to set up a site for a group with a common hobby, do you recommend whatsapp?

I don't know what your beloved artificial intelligence is for, I only see that they spy on us and bombard us with advertising that is supposed to correspond to our interests.

Every time I search on ebay, google and others for the prices of a product, then I can prepare myself to see ads for those products and it does not matter if I have already bought it or I am not interested. It's really scary to search the internet, and much more if you don't want your family to find out.

On the other hand OxWall is used for anything, the one that only works to make dating sites is SkaDate.

I will continue with OxWall, for that I have created owspain.com

AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 7 '21
You decision, but just understand that remaining on Oxwall is a known security risk.

Also, AI and Machine Learning do what they are "Trained" to do... Period...

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Jan 7 '21
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jan 22 '21
I do not use facebook or twitter or any other social media out there, just onely my own scandibook with wordpress and Sosialtnett with oxwall.

I use Tutanota for all my email and DuckDuckGo when I search the internet.

I use Opera Browser with free VPN.

And not least, I use Linux deepin as the operating system on both my computers. 

I focus on stability, security and simplicity. And of course everything is completely free.

Of course, I still use Oxwall for my social network. Well, I'm 63 years old, and who knows, maybe Oxwall will survive me!

(edited by moderator)

The Forum post is edited by dave Jan 23 '21
dave Leader
dave Jan 23 '21
Ketil, i edited your post to remove some of the links, it was getting reported as spam and i know you and that is not what you meant to do.   :)
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jan 23 '21
Links are not necessarily spam. In my case, none of the links were spam.
dave Leader
dave Jan 24 '21
Yes sir i know but when other users see lots of links (even good ones) all in the same message they report it, and i was getting alot of reports about the post.  I left the words in there but not all of them were deserving of a link, but the text is still thee.  I did leave the link to your site :)  Thank you in advance for your flexiblity :)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4