We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Are issues not solved? - Smileys | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 4 '16
Hello

I just downloaded this smiley plugin to my new skadate website.

- my site have 87 images with no alt attribute after install this plugin???

And another very old issue

returns error code 404 

I was thinking you guys fix this 2 issues when was take over this plugin?

And number 3 issue was that this plugin slow down your website is that fixed now? I have not check yet about the speed issue is still there...

/Marcus

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Oct 21 '17
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Dec 13 '16

Marcus, find our answers below:

- my site have 87 images with no alt attribute after install this plugin???

Answer: The alt hasn't been added to this plugin yet. But, we have this in our dev plans.

- And another very old issue

www.mysite.com/" + window.smileysParams.smileysUrl + "...

www.mysite.com/"+window.smileysParams.smileysUrl+"$1.g...

returns error code 404 

Answer: Could you please provide us with more details.

- And number 3 issue was that this plugin slow down your website is that fixed now? I have not check yet about the speed issue is still there...

Answer: It still loads all the images at once when you open the page. So, it can cause the page loading speed.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 13 '16
Okey thank you for you answers and great support as always.

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Oct 21 '17
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Dec 14 '16
Thank you for the clarification. The fact is that these URLs are used in the js code and according to the image you select the plugin composes the URL to smile. Since there is no physical files, the analyzer throws the error. But, we believe this should not cause any problems.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 14 '16
Okey so when read this all this 3 issues are still there.

I no understand what updates you have done on this plugin since you take over it?

This 3 things was the most importen ones for have this plugin running good on you website and not get punished from google about "speed" and "alt tags".

I will read you update blog to see what updates you done since take over this maybe i will find it there...

Thanks for clarification on all 3 issues

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Dec 28 '16
Marcus, we understand that these issues are important. But when we took this plugin it caused more issues and even brought the errors. We fixed it to make it more stable and made it free. For now, we do not have plans to optimize it, but the situation can change in future. 
You do not have permission to reply this topic