We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

questions - suggestions - feedback - Secret photo | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 9 '16
Hello

- 99 usd is a very high price in this shop, maybe you just break the record from 0 usd free plugins in the shop to 99 usd plugins. i feel there is much more plugins that is much more useful then this one for that price. 

not take it personaly but this is my opinion and i know "i not need buy it" but i want bring up my opinion because it is a high price compare to other plugins and have in mind i usely not complains about high prices in this store.

- do this plugin have mobile version support?

- do this plugin have feature to upload photos to "original" photo albums and photo pages and you can have option make the photo secret?

- do this plugin make it possible that payed members can only see secret photos?

- do this plugin make it possible for user avatars bee secret when a user upload a user avatar?

suggestion:

copy the success story snapchat that app have a nice feature that reminds little about this plugin but snapchat have a timer limit how long time you can see the photo before it is deleted everywhere on all servers where the photo was saved.

implement it in this plugin and maybe i buy it...but only maybe because again 99 usd is much money for people with little money.

anyways good luck with the sell here at oxwall and keep up the good work make new plugins here, and do not listen to me maybe there is some people that have money buy it and they feel it is worth the money i can bee totally wrong about that.

Thanks

/Marcus

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 9 '16
Daniel
Daniel Dec 9 '16
it is very different from snapchat if you have read description and saw the screenshots. when i set it to 99 because my code is worth 99, i don't write shit codes just like some of $30 plugins out of the store. not only, my idea is more than 99, that is it. I have datas that indicates how fast it can consume users credits, it is a very very useful plugin for dating sites Marcus, you should buy it for you dating site, i know you have one, i really mean it, trust me. if you want to see the code, i can grant you a license on $36. if you think it worth it and than pay the rest.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 9 '16
Yes i see it is different Daniel and i think it is a nice great idea and all new ideas and plugins is welcome i like that very much :)

but my questions about features implemented or not you did not answer? 

- do this plugin have mobile version support?

- do this plugin have feature to upload photos to "original" photo albums and photo pages and you can have option make the photo secret?

- do this plugin make it possible that payed members can only see secret photos?

- do this plugin make it possible for user avatars bee secret when a user upload a user avatar?

Thank you for the offer Daniel i will think about that but right now i need have money for my server cost so i need wait in future buy this plugin IF i will do that..and i have just invested some money into SEO for my websites.

I no doubt that it will consume credits i trust you on that fully...

Thank you

/Marcus

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 9 '16
what about create a plugin like snapchat when time is out only payed member will get a saved copy of the photo. free members only see the picture some seconds :P or maybe just keep it like snapchat everyone can only see some seconds of the images. very nice for send adult pictures that never will bee saved lol or other cool pictures

I think snapchat is a fun plugin that someone should create :) need fun plugins to

I like you plugin but i would like build it more advance with more features, i see it have possible to do that.

I have so many great ideas in my head and it never stops not ask me why i always thinking about new plugins (projects) :) i need go hospital soon check if i am okey ....loool

I think it will not sync with my skadate mobile apps fully...i mean what will happen if a mobile app user recieves this secrets photos...

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 9 '16
Daniel
Daniel Dec 9 '16
Hi Marcus
- Yes, it supports mobile version for chat and mail.
- it does not deal with the original photo plugin in anyway yet, it you want, i will see what i can do with it.
- Yes you can set to only paid members can see either by user credits or paid membership, even only paid members to spend credit to see.
- it doesn't make makes avatar to secret yet. if you require, i can see if any possibly. because it depends on the oxwall foundation.

let me know if you interested in the plugin.
Daniel
Daniel Dec 9 '16
It with the fully support for receiving and viewing of secret photos. The mobile users can always receive and view the secret photos. except only thing mobile users can't post secret photos to the newsfeed wall, at this moment.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 10 '16
Okey but i have 2 mobile apps from skadate. 50% of my members use this apps.

What will happen when this users recieves a secret photo? what will they see on the screen?
I have to talk with skalfa if there could bee a easy turn off feature that developers can implement for plugins turn off totally for my mobile apps.
Because there is no developers in this oxwall.com website that is ready implement features for skadate android and ios apps when they release new plugins in this store.

it is same issue with the smiley plugin and your gif plugin when it comes to mobile apps everything for a skadate owner will not work fully only 50%. So you buy products that cover only 50% of you users.

I know this is a skadate issue but skalfa owns this place so they should make developers more make plugins that have fully support or a OFF feature for skadate mobile apps.

/Marcus

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 10 '16
Daniel
Daniel Dec 10 '16
Hi Marcus,

Skadate is not really 'open source', we can't access skadate until we pay at least thousand dollars to skadate to access their code. so no one can tell what will be happened.

Beside the web skadate is base on php and javascript technology, android and iOS are totally 2 different technologies. There are very few developers like me able to maintain 3 different technologies at the same time, not just coding and there also requires UI and UX design sense. And if they do, there are won't be a price you like it. 

I won't be making support for iOS and Android at the moment except someone make me some investment for my time. If you have ever used my product, you should know that i don't do something that "just put the button on the screen", but i will think more about user experience and the market of the product itself. 

You don't blame skadate and developers, skadate just doing their business, they have their office rental, they have to pay for their employees and paying tax, you are a businessman, you know how much a business costs. 

and as a developer i can tell you, i have only made $75 from the store so far, but i have spent hundred hours.  

Good day.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 10 '16
Hello Daniel,

I hope you have a nice weekend :-)

The problem is MANY skadate websites have mobile apps and they are shopping plugins here MANY but we get no fully mobile app support on this plugins. (that is okey i can live with that if they always try update they mobile apps)

This can bee problem for skadate websites (dating sites) that you sell this plugin to as you told me is great for a dating site. But when i analyze my "dating site" i see there is isuess that would bee not good for my dating site and that is that 50-60% of my users would get strange messages from your plugin on they mobile phones "probably" i have not test it but i should "guess" so when they try post a secret image to someone that use mobile apps. (and if you have a skadate website with no mobile apps you are totally missing 50-60% of the market today)

Suggestions number one is: 

Try to sell the plugin to oxwall users that not have "dating sites" (skadate) because they not have mobile apps. i just try to make you understand this plugin not work well with many skadate sites with credit plugins because they uselly have mobile apps so this plugin is nothing for me but maybe oxwall users could use it that not have mobile apps.

Suggestion number two is:

You could make some "OFF feature" in you plugin for not possible post secret image to skadate mobile apps. But the problem is you need something that know in you plugin that this is a "mobile app" users so you plugin would disable the feature for that user and it was that i was try to say skadate should "share" to developers or implement some code for easy turn off plugin features for skalfa mobile apps users because MIX things that not support each other is never good..

Suggestion number three is:

Implement code in ios apps and android apps for it fully working. This suggestions would bee the most expensive option and as you said not many developers know about coding android apps and ios apps. And i think it would bee not possible because you need resubmit the apps in the store and send the apps to you or the developers who create the code. so this is not a option that nobody would go for in this store and i fully understand i just bring up all options.

I bring my opinion up ONLY because you wanted to sell the plugin to me that have a dating site so i need analyze if i could use it fully or not and now i did that and i think this plugin could work great for me but it need some adjustments for that as i told in suggestion number 2. But not do that work for me because i not like people do free work for me and i think 99 usd is a very high price if it not includes mobile app features then it is NOT a high price... sell it to oxwall users it would bee the easiest way 

And if i honest i have already did this mistake when i did buy the smiley,answer me and video plugin that are super great plugins, if they would work with my mobile apps i would call them "super plugins x2" but i can not really blame them because they sell plugins for oxwall users and not for skadate websites with mobile apps, that is why i know some plugins not work good for skadate websites with mobile apps and probably it would bee same issue with you gif plugin and thats why i did not install it or buy the gif plugin. But there is always solutions on everything and as i see there is 2 solutions that i already bring up and again the easiest way is to sell plugins to oxwall users not skadate users about this plugins i told about here.

And Daniel i not angry this plugin not working for me it is just that i need give you true feedback that this plugin not works fully for me only 50% and your gif plugin and maybe it could help someone that have skadate site with mobile apps to not do the mistake buy a plugin that will later make problem to your website and you was loosing 99 usd it is not a good combination.

There is many oxwall users it would working for 100% and it is importen to say that but for me it not works and some other users that run dating (skadate) business same as me.

Sincerly

/Marcus

UPDATE: I was thinking more on this and i think skadate or oxwall store should have some small widget plugin that shows in desktop version and mobile version that this user is use "mobile apps" then other developers could use this trigger for turn off some plugins features for this app users. Skadate not need share any mobile code to developers and developers no need understand ios or android app coding. This small widget could even show if people use mobile version or desktop version and a statistic page in you admin panel :) 

Daniel
Daniel Dec 10 '16
you can not expect too much from skadate Marcus, skadate is a very cheap solution. if you do it yourself to make a site like skadate which include desktop, mobile-web, android and iOS client at the same time, it will take you more than half million USD to get the job done.

Yes good weekend to you too.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 10 '16
- What did you think about my solution Daniel? Bad idea or good idea?

<<< I was thinking more on this and i think skadate or oxwall store should have some small widget plugin that shows in desktop version and mobile version that this user is use "mobile apps" then other developers could use this trigger for turn off some plugins features for this app users. Skadate not need share any mobile code to developers and developers no need understand ios or android app coding. This small widget could even show if people use mobile version or desktop version and a statistic page in you admin panel :) >>>

(About skadate i will not comment that but i very happy with skadate and they support that i get daily. I great software and a great company. First class support always solve issues and help me quickly :-) Thats why invest more money in that company. 5 stars of 5 stars to skadate if they read this and they learn me many new things :)

Daniel
Daniel Dec 10 '16
Yes marcus i i like your ideas very much. but still it is just an idea until you talk to skadate.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 10 '16
yes you are correct Daniel...still a idea only. ...Thank you for the good feedback.
Lydia
Lydia Dec 11 '16
Well long conversation. I only saw you can grant a license by $36 for evaluation? how can i do that?
Daniel
Daniel Dec 11 '16
Hi Lydia, yes please send to my paypal account directly as a friend. 
Daniel
Daniel Dec 20 '16
Hi Marcus, I have a news for you, I have been looking at the skadate android and iOs app source code recently. I found out that there already is a trigger to tell the app what kind of message that not supported for mobile app.

for example, if i can't display secret photo message in the mobile app, than when a user received a secret photo, i can use the trigger to show a message like "Marcus has sent you a secret photo, the the app does not support the secret photo yet, please login to your computer to view the message." to the user.

gami
gami Dec 21 '16
I only saw a license for $ 36 for evaluation? How can i do that?

Does the plugin also work with photo album? Is it possible to work with paid membership?

thanks

mike

The Forum post is edited by gami Dec 21 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 21 '16
Hi Daniel,

I think great news

But I prefer 2 ways comunication to tell both sender and reciever that this feature not working for this 2 members that are involved. or even better the secret photo will never go away to mobile apps users and only the sender will have a message that says sorry this user are using mobile app you can not send secret photos to him or she. 

I do not know but there is not proper solution have 1 way message when there is 2 people involved. 1 who do not know why he or she not get the photo? and one who knows.

for me the issue is only solved 50% but maybe for others that is enough ....me is me and you is you....i just bring my opinion

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 21 '16
Daniel
Daniel Dec 21 '16

Quote from Ga I only saw a license for $ 36 for evaluation? How can i do that?

Does the plugin also work with photo album? Is it possible to work with paid membership?

thanks

mike

1) Yes it works with paid membership, for example the paid membership can open the secret photos those were sent or post by others, and the free members can not open it. and there is many way to work with membership and user credits.

2) This plugin is standalone will not require any third party plugins to work with, therefore it will not with the photo plugin, when people want to upload or send a secret photo, they have to upload to the secret photo album, can not upload to the normal photo album.

3) If you want a user is able to transfer their normal photo to secret photo, i can add this function to the plugin.

4) If you buy this before new year, i will plus you my GIF Pro license for you, free.

The Forum post is edited by Daniel Dec 28 '16
You do not have permission to reply this topic