We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Kickstarter proposal | Forum

Gojira
Gojira Dec 13 '16
Hi everybody,

We all know that Oxwall is open source and resources are very limited.

Because of that the development process is taking so long, but on the other side the social/dating industriy is moving really fast.

I think that in this point we have two options:

1. Contribute by developing at github (but some of us don't have skills or time)

2. Contribute with money

Most projects today are finding a boost by receiving the money before starting the work and not by selling the product after,

I would like to know how big is the (active) community at Oxwall, in order to know if a proposal as this one would be possible.

I mean if we are 1.000 or 2.000 people (backers), if we put 10€ Oxwall team would be receiving 20.000€. This could boost the roadmap by 6 months or a year (I really don't know).

Oxwall team of course should agree and share their roadmap and set some pledges to achieve.

What do you think?

Oxwall is a great piece of software it just needs a little bit of work to put it the tie.

Only for reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdfunding

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 13 '16

I suggest "someone" create a topic where people that is interest donate 10 usd will join that topic to just see "how many interested" speed up things at oxwall and donate money for it.

and if people complains things go slowly in the forum and it happen every week send him to that topic see if he interested speed up things at oxwall with only 10 usd.

then after that we know if this is a good or bad idea (if there is more hen 50 people interested i will bee very suprised)

Let the topic bee open for let say 3-6 months and see how many we gets to join

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 13 '16
Shaun
Shaun Dec 19 '16
Oxwall allready has a page where people can donate so I wouldn't contribute towards something like that.

To be honest as much as I love the Oxwall software I feel that with every passing year the Oxwall developers becomes less and less intrested in what it's user want and are only interested in developing what they think should be done.

I would however donate towards the development plugings I would like to see made.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 19 '16
yes shaun oxwall have already a donate system

but it is different donate on 1 core fix then donate on 100 core fixes and you would not know what core fix they will but all effort on to fix first with you donated money.

it was not a system like that i was looking for 

a donate system where all oxwallers pick what core updates they ready put money on to bee fixed first because sometimes i feel they but effort on wrong things bee fixed first and core fixes go slowly very much. it should bee the majority that counts what we need first bee fixed and things would speed up if we put money on things that we really need have fixed quick more then other things

and when a core fix have reach the value of money they really need for create this fix they can hire people do it and things go much faster they not need do it them self and that is the problem now they small team thats why things go slow more and i can fully understand that.

anyways we bring this up many times and only solution for see if people interest is create a topic for they who interested in such donate system where we donate on core fixes and plugins to bee made much quicker 

now i feel really like a broken record ...lol....i need leave this behind me for awhile...:)

i hope one day it will happens is good for everyone such ideas...a win win

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 19 '16
Micaeljames
Micaeljames May 1 '23

Kickstarter is a popular crowdfunding platform that allows creators to showcase their projects and get funding from backers around the world. It's a unique way for entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators to bring their ideas to life and connect with a supportive community. Before launching a project on Kickstarter, creators have the option to use the Pre-browse feature. Have you played the new cards games that just came out? This tool allows creators to share their project with a select group of people to get feedback and gauge interest before making it public. Pre-browse is a great way for creators to fine-tune their project and make sure it's ready for prime time. By getting feedback from a small group of people, creators can get a sense of what's working and what's not, and make adjustments accordingly. This can help ensure that the final project is as polished and compelling as possible, which can lead to a higher chance of success.

In addition to getting feedback, Pre-browse can also help creators build buzz and excitement for their project before it even launches. By sharing their project with a select group of people, creators can start generating interest and building a following, which can translate into more backers and support once the project goes live.

Overall, Pre-browse is a valuable tool for creators who want to make sure their project is as strong as possible before launching on Kickstarter. By getting feedback and building buzz, creators can maximize their chances of success and bring their ideas to life with the help of a supportive community.

The Forum post is edited by Micaeljames May 1 '23