We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error after update plugins | Forum

Rumen
Rumen Dec 15 '16
After update in the admin panel there is text:

Platform update request

The source code of 'Blogs' plugin was updated. Need to update plugin DB.

And whatever page I try to call only this text stay on the screen.

Oxwall Ver. 1.8.1 

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 15 '16
Did you run the additional update? This is a notice indicating that the plugin update also requires an additional update in the database to be complete.
dave Leader
dave Dec 15 '16
+1 Darryl

Rumen it is just telling you that you need to push the button so that it can complete the process and update the database with the current plugin data.  You dont need to update the DB, it will do it all by itself if you just push the button :)  

Rumen
Rumen Dec 17 '16
When I push the button the result is error 500:

Poznaiboga.com page is not working

Poznaiboga.com currently can not process this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Rumen
Rumen Dec 17 '16
Before and after the button guys ..... attached 2 pictures.
Attachments:
  oxwall_error2.png (87Kb)
  oxwall_error1.png (92Kb)
Rumen
Rumen Dec 17 '16
No Darryl, I did not run any additional updates.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 17 '16
Actually just seen one thing that may be the reason in your original post. You are running Oxwall version 1.8.1. The latest Blogs version is compatible with Oxwall version 1.8.4. You will need to use the plugin version that is compatible with 1.8.1.

You can find releases by version here.
https://github.com/oxwall/blogs/releases
Rumen
Rumen Dec 18 '16
My question is what to do - when I don't have actually access to anything from the front end - just see that screen:

Platform update request

The source code of 'Blogs' plugin was updated. Need to update plugin DB.

Rumen
Rumen Dec 19 '16
What to do with that version? I can't update it using the normal way. As I said before I don't have an access to the system. 

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 19 '16
All I could suggest at this point is restoring the site from a backup. This should at least maintain the blog posts from that time. The last resort would be to manually delete the plugin via cpanel. Deleting the plugin would remove everything, and you would start over. Here is a post that tells how to do that.

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/12849
Rumen
Rumen Dec 20 '16
Is there a way to make backup of the articles in the blog and restore them after I remove it? And how I will put it again there after I remove it? Will the system restores in normal way - just without the Blog? Seems there is a problem with the Blog DB but I see the articles there at the moment.http://poznaiboga.com/social/blogs
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 20 '16
I'm not great at server side issues. Ross, Dave, or Allya would be better to answer that. I have auto backup set on the server just in case of issues. I have had to manually delete a problematic plugin once, but I'm more about css.
Rumen
Rumen Dec 22 '16
I'm not familiar with that system. How can I contact them and ask them same question?
Rumen
Rumen Dec 22 '16
Aha I saw it - via the messages.

dave Leader
dave Jan 5 '17
You can deactivate the plugin manually by changing the isActive value in the ow_base_plugin table from 1 to 0, then also be sure that you check the deactivate file in the plugin itself in case there are special instructions when you deactivate, you will need to do those manually as well.  

Then you can uninstall the files and reinstall the old version files, then go to admin and reactivate the plugin. But remember the old version may not work with the new version of oxwall.  

Rumen
Rumen Jan 5 '17
It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Rumen