We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

event plugin problem - SimplyResponsive - SB | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 12 '17
i was testing this and the event plugin was not show correct in mobile phone?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 12 '17
Can you provide a screenshot. Everything appears to be okay from what I have used.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 12 '17
I think it is because i have added the extra field on the right side when you create a new event. on the create new event page you have a option add description on the right side in your language keys in the event plugin you find this empty keys that i use. try add this empty keys with text and you will get a new field on right side when cerate a new event.
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 12 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 12 '17
{text key='event+add_form_who_can_invite_desc'

{text key='event+add_form_who_can_view_desc'}

i think it is 7 empty language keys in the event plugin that you can use for description on the right side

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 12 '17
Yes. The Oxwall tables are hard to work with. In order to get it to fit on smaller devices I had to choose to not display the description field.  The same thing with Forums, and some other tables. It is the only way to size them down for mobile.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 13 '17
Yes i understand that. But if proper the table should bee longer not wider if you understand what i mean. if cut something that is not a proper solution in my opinion. but maybe it is hard make the table "longer" and not cut the table i do not know i not a coder but that would bee the most proper solution make the table long more....
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 13 '17
I attempted some various css styling on the table, but it doesn't affect it. Keep in mind that what we are working with is components that are not mobile friendly by design. Theme designer don't create the tables, or other components. All that can be done is to find the best way to present those components on a mobile device that offers essential functionality. If the platform had built in responsive components,it would better, but we are bound to the limitations. I think you will see this in every theme here. It's even true of any responsive version of any website. Full desktop view/capabilities on mobile is not possible. There is not enough space on the viewport.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 13 '17
I understand fully everything you say Darryl i was just hoping take a advantage of this theme for my new website ,but my new website have event plugin installed and the 3 field table when create events.  hmmmm....yes i understand but i want it works :)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 13 '17
Paste this in the custom css box. This should show the description field.

@media only screen and (min-device-width : 320px) and (max-device-width : 480px){
table.ow_form td.ow_desc {
    visibility: visible;
}
}
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 14 '17
You code was work great on a bigger mobile but on my galaxy note it was not show everything in the third right field....hmm

the issuse i think here is the table that not want change size...i do not know what code they add for make tables mobile friendly and responding t mobile phones...but they should add it

i think it is only one of the pages that have this issue i try the other pages in the event plugin and they look okey....hmmm ...would bee nice to solve it and i guess oxwall team not care so much about that because they have a mobile version but the event plugin is not support mobile version yet that is another problem

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 14 '17
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 14 '17
You can try this for your particular needs. Paste it into your custom css in the admin panel.

@media only screen and (min-device-width : 320px) and (max-device-width : 480px){
form[name="event_add"] table.ow_form td.ow_label {
    width: 100%;
    text-align: center;
    border-left: none;
    background-color: #e1f5fe;
}
form[name="event_add"] .ow_table_1 tr td, .ow_table_2 tr td {
    float: left;
    padding-left: 0px;
}
form[name="event_add"] table.ow_form td.ow_desc {
}
}
@media only screen and (min-device-width : 481px) and (max-device-width : 767px) {
form[name="event_add"] table.ow_form td.ow_label {
    border-left: none;
    background-color: #e1f5fe;
}
form[name="event_add"] .ow_table_1 tr td, .ow_table_2 tr td {
    float: left;
    padding-left: 0px;
}
form[name="event_add"] table.ow_form td.ow_desc {
}
}
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Jan 15 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 15 '17
Look very nice now and this how it should look in mobile :) But the right third description field is now totally gone?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 15 '17
No. It's under the input field. The description field is always empty. I've never seen anything in it.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 15 '17
Yes as default this description field is empty but i use that field, and if i did not enter anything is this description fields then all you solutions would work
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 15 '17
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 15 '17
The field is there. The method of getting info into that field is in the plugin. There is no feature in the plugin for that.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 15 '17
Yes the field is there but on mobile phones that "third description field" is gone? i can see it on tablets but not on smaller screens i can only see the default left description field and inputs fields
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 15 '17
Did you put the css I gave you above in the admin panel? Here is a screenshot with that code, and I set a background color on the description field to show where it is.
Attachments:
  event add.png (24Kb)
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 15 '17
yes i did? maybe i neeed clear my cache?
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 15 '17
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 15 '17
Added a screenshot to the previous post
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 15 '17
blue field in you screen shot is the third field?
Pages: 1 2 3 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic