We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

User approval status to "Approved", "Pending Approval" and "Disapproved" - V-Admin | Forum

Daniel
Daniel Jan 18 '17

I would like to introduce ONE of the beautiful feature of vadmin.

Vadmin allows webmaster to the set the user approval status to "Approved", "Pending Approval" and "Disapproved"

If a user is pending approval, he/she can not edit their profile, just like the way you have now.

With the vadmin plugin, you can either approve a "Pending approval" profile or disapprove a "Pending approval" profile, not only approve or deleted.

When you disapprove a user profile, you will need to provide a reason. The disapproved user will see the the reason why has his/her profile been disapproved, so that he/she will re-edit his/her profile to submit for approval again.

A disapproved user can not do anything except re-edit his profile and submit again.

store item:

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1383

Vadmin is a admin tool, 98% of my clients very happy about it, except Marcus, he maybe a little upset because he wants to have more features like new user statistics and trends for different platforms (desktop/mobile web/iOS app/Android app) i am still working on it, i have already promised him to bring this feature asap.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 18 '17
Everyone who joins your website should have a pending approval status and a pending avatar that not shows the real avatar, this many toher websites have already. so later when admin have time he can easy look the list with pending approval users and approve them or not approve them

and a pending approval users should have access to everything on the website same the others but not possible to edit profile before he or she approved

and there is more that is missing in original moderation tool...saved text messages that you can with one click send to the users who is not approved because let say you have 100 users everyday with not approved avtar or not approved description then you want in a fast way tell them this not write it manualy everytime

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 19 '17
Daniel
Daniel Jan 18 '17

Hi marcus (Ghost), 

With this plugin now, if you have set your website to "Mandatory user approve", then when a user join, the user default status is "Pending Approval".
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 18 '17
geat! then it is only the small thing left fro skadate to do with they "mandotory user approve" and that is add something so the users can join and use the website fully for they waiting get approved. and a "saved text" feature where you can easy repeat 1000 times same words to they who not approved avatar,photo,description and others with just one click not manulay fill in 100 times a day what reason they get not approved
Daniel
Daniel Jan 18 '17
Yes, Everything works like before, after user join, user edit profile but the status will change to "Pending approval" by auto if you have set your website to "Mandatory user approve"
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 18 '17
but there is a step here that you are jumping over:

you say "after" edit they get this status but they need get this status when the join website and they should let inside to the website and use the website fully when they join

Daniel
Daniel Jan 18 '17
I don't understand you now macus. you say when the user join. the status is "Pending approval" but they can use the site fully?
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 18 '17
yes that is how many social and dating sites works. you use the website fully but you have the status pending approval and you wait for the admin approve you but you not blocked from use the website . cupid media and other website use this process
Daniel
Daniel Jan 18 '17
yes, maybe i can do this. but have to wait. i am working on a very important project now. The Russian Government Secret Project... 

Kidding... haha, I can add this feature to vadmin. but need to wait couple of weeks maybe.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 18 '17

Daniel i think you dream is working for russian goverment on a secret mission, but right now you on earth and working for oxwall and skadate software ...

just kidding....okey great :)))) thanks Daniel 
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 19 '17
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Jun 20 '19
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.
steve7878
steve7878 Jan 21 '21
Hi, There are three states in the database of the approved column:

1: Approved
2: Denied
0: Pending approval

If you edit someone's profile and set the "Approve User" drop down to "No", then the database state goes back to 0, which is back to "pending approval".ornaments
You do not have permission to reply this topic