We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Developers are costing us Business and Revenue | Forum

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 24 '17
Hi All,

I just want to clear the air because it seems some developers think we run Oxwall sites just for fun. I'm tired of developers who sell us plugins that are half done, full or errors or don't work at all.

Please note minority of us if not majority run Oxwall sites as a source of income to make a living as we have bills to pay and families to take care of  just like you as a developer make a living from selling your plugins and support your family.

We pay for hosting, advertising and promoting our networks to potential clients and also make money from Adsense, if a developer's plugin crashes an Oxwall site because he/she overlooked something they are actually costing us money. Since I sent Puru the developer of the plugin that crushed my site and he asked me to inbox him about this issue (Link below) and he requested my Cpanel details to have a look it  -https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/52518

From January 22nd to date nothing has been done, and no response to my messages.... !!!

My site http://www.myvirgo.info has been down for more than 3 days so far and i had to explain to a very angry client who paid to avertise on my site why am i not delivering on what i sold to him.

Not only are you costing us money as site owners but developers also our reputation is on the line here, and then you expect us to pay or rather buy your plugins again to support you. We are really tired to be made a last priority but when we give bad review you're quick to jump to save your own reputation forgetting that we also have a reputation to uphold to our users and clients.

If you want me to spend $30 or more make me believe and show me that you're worth that much or your plugin is worth that much because $30 in South Africa is enough to take a child to school for school fees for a month, it is actually a lot of money for us if you think $30 for you its small change.

Your actions speaks louder than your plugins itself, how you deal with issues or attend to them says a lot about you. I mean there are hundreds of developers who have similar plugins to yours but i as an Oxwall site owner i chose yours because i believe in you and your work but if you make me a last priority i will go elsewhere.

I have bought 40 plugins as you can see the screengrab below (10 plugins per page), i have always supported Oxwall developers but if this is the kind of service i'm paying for i might as well hire a developer full time to make plugins for me rather than pay for something that i have no support for.

PLEASE RESPECT US AS OXWALL SITES THAT BUY YOUR PLUGINS OR ELSE WE WILL END UP HAVING YOU PLUGINS BEEN THERE FOR SHOW BECAUSE WE WON'T BUY THEM, SHOW US YOU CARE & WE WILL SHOW YOU WE APPRECIATE YOUR WORK BY BUYING !!
The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Jan 25 '17
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jan 29 '17
Hi Webster Molaudi!

+1

I just want to give you 2 advices:

1.- Always make a backup of your website and your database before run an update of a plugin, theme or core.

2.- You should have a testing website to test new features and updates before do them in the production website. This is a must for all website owners (oxwall, wordpress, etc), yes it is more work for you, but at least your website is almost never going to be down because of a bad plugin or update.

This is the 2 basic advices I give to every one person I see with a website down, you never know when or why something can go wrong, but at least you can go back in time.

I see that your website is up now, did he managed to fix the problem or you did it?

Senior Developer.

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 29 '17
Hi Senior Developer,

The site is when logged out the website works fine but when i try to log in i get a gateway timeout of the website is super slow.

Thanks for the advice

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jan 30 '17
If you can, please increase your php limits (time limit and memory limit), this doesn't fix the problem, but if the website needs some more time to run, it will load after some time instead of showing the gateway timeout error.

Please let us know what happens.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Jan 30 '17
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 30 '17
It was working fine before with the increased limit to 120 seconds last time i checked but since i re-installed "reminder Notifications" it always shows :

The developer responded, hope he will have it sorted asap...Thanks
The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Jan 30 '17
andrsliving
andrsliving Apr 29 '22
The truth is that there are six types of business models , there are no more, instead, there are hundreds of thousands of lines of business , each business model is different, so you will have to verify which one best suits your business idea. Well any one know here about affiliate marketing 2022
andrsliving
andrsliving May 20 '22

We've hired a number of different software development firms for our website design. Then I hired web design agency in Atlanta. They have experts, was very happy with the outcome and price. Well worth the investment!