We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Thread change/move request to this forum | Forum

Jamie
Jamie Feb 5 '17

REQUEST:

Please move the entire thread listed below...

CONFLICT BETWEEN CONTACT IMPORTER AND NEWSFEED

...here into INSTALLATION TROUBLESHOOTER AND SERVER SETUP | FORUM

I've troubleshooted an issue I assumed was a plugin issue down to what I suspect are actually server settings issues. The thread details my troubleshooting process and pictures over the past week(since Jan 27).

JUSTIFICATION:

Even when installing a fresh install over a fresh database the issues listed still occur. 

(Which leads me to believe they are not software bug issues but  installation / server settings issues)

also

When I go to the demo site they don't occur. 

(Which leads me to believe they are not browser issues while on my site)

Thank you,

Jamie

The Forum post is edited by Jamie Feb 6 '17
Jamie
Jamie Mar 1 '17
It's been over a month since I posted this with no reply on neither the request itself or the issue being discussed in the thread that I've requested be moved...

Thread I've request to be moved

I understand that it may take time but a month without even saying "your request is under review" or "Your request is duly noted" ...or something. This thread has been viewed 84 times with no reply of any sort.

Simple acknowledgement goes a long way.

Thank you

The Forum post is edited by Jamie Mar 1 '17
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Mar 1 '17
It does sound like a javascript conflict. Unfortunately the plugin dev "Oxwall Software" will have to correct this. Have you used inspect element to see what errors may be displayed associated to the plugin? If an error is shown, it may help narrow it down.
Jamie
Jamie Mar 2 '17
Thank you for the reply.

1. I have not used inspect element in my search for errors. Thanks for the suggestion.

2. Thats why I originally went to the plugin section for help. The request to move the thread to Installation Troubleshooter and Server setup occurred because I found that even when installing a fresh oxwall image from the site with a fresh database I still get the issue. 

Also It's not a browser issue because when using different browsers I get the same issue. But everything works fine on the demo site no matter the browser.

Given Oxwall originally worked fine for months and because of issue #2 it occurred to me this isn't a (code base or browser) issue but a server settings issue. Hence the request to move the thread here. My assumption is that if a fresh install works correctly(as it had been before) then the corrections will roll over to my formal installation as well.

So I guess the formal request would be with help getting a new install to display properly. Once that is done I can migrate back over to plugins for any additional help on my main install.

The Forum post is edited by Jamie Mar 2 '17
Jamie
Jamie Mar 10 '17

Quote from Darryl B It does sound like a javascript conflict. Unfortunately the plugin dev "Oxwall Software" will have to correct this. Have you used inspect element to see what errors may be displayed associated to the plugin? If an error is shown, it may help narrow it down.
Checking the elements I received the error message located in the screenshots below. I contrasted it with the demo site and noted the code seemed all the same.

At this point I need help simply setting up a blank/fresh oxwall site. Any other issues will be resolved when a new site works correctly again.(oxwall worked fine up until recently installing the new version)

Dedi Galih
Dedi Galih Nov 22 '17
Nice post. I learn something more challenging on distinct blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content off their writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d choose to use some with all the content in my small weblog whether you do not mind. Natually I’ll provide a link on your own internet weblog. Many thanks sharing. 1. Jasa SEO 2. Google SEO 3. Pembuatan Website 4. Google Adwords 5. SEO 6. Website 7. Sewa Villa di Puncak 8. Villa di Puncak Jasa SEO Google Adwords Pembuatan Website