We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

No images scraped from pages - Social media sharing | Forum

Justin Holmes
Justin Holmes Feb 10 '17
I have installed this plugin and it's basically worthless unless it can scrape OG images from pages. If I wanted to share text links on the internet I would just copy and paste.

Is there an update coming that will make this plugin usable?

Kevin
Kevin Feb 21 '17
Having the same issue with:(Blogs, Video) Photo and Event work

Title and Description working...
Please advise how to fix missing og:image
The Forum post is edited by Kevin Feb 21 '17
Kevin
Kevin Feb 21 '17
Here is the issue with the code. When you view source when sharing a photo, all of the meta names are correct. For example

<meta name="og:image" content="https://mysite.com/ow_userfiles/plugins/photo/photo_10.jpg" />

However when sharing on the video page for example, the default og:image is used for Meta Name and Meta Properties. It should use the video thumbnail 

The Forum post is edited by Kevin Feb 21 '17
Dave
Dave Apr 18 '18
We had the same scraping issue and found this to work quite well
Go-to your addthis account ... setup your desired buttons... get the unique code snippet and paste it into your sites page settings, body html. Then paste the code below into a "html box"anywhere on a customisable page. (depending on the theme, use the sidebar if you want it to appear on all pages)
<!-- Go to www.addthis.com/dashboard to customize your tools --> <div class="addthis_sharing_toolbox"></div> .

Hope this helps
BTW don't forget to disable or delete this Social media sharing plugin before trying this.

You do not have permission to reply this topic