We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

SPAM Remove help | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Natha Sri Jayasekara
hi
i found that spammers are hunting oxwall sites by searching the keywords like " Welcome to our new site! Feel free to participate in our community!" and other default words in oxwall.
can anyone explain me how to replace those default word with other words. this maybe  a silly question. and i really need my site to be invisible to spammers. this is the only way as i realize. also removing "oxwall software" is a solution. i know i cat remove it without donation. for now pls explain me how to replace those default words.
thanks all.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Feb 12 '17
you need stop they who do it not modify the software. 

the problem with oxwall is that they NOT care about this huge issue.

I have try make a fingerprint plugin here at oxwall but the developer name smith just leave the project and never finished it.

A plugin like that can stop spammers from join the page over and over again and it is only the way i know that really can stop spammers.

That plugin need scan user agents in mobile apps to for prevent spam from mobile apps users that i have NOW seriously problem with.

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Feb 12 '17
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Feb 13 '17
You can use the languages section in admin / settings / languages to change wording in various areas.

Of course this doesn't include the Oxwall attribution link at the bottom.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Feb 13 '17
Natha Sri Jayasekara

Quote from Darryl B You can use the languages section in admin / settings / languages to change wording in various areas.

Of course this doesn't include the Oxwall attribution link at the bottom.

Thank you very much. it worked!
i replaced all the default keywords that spammers are searching. now the site is much safe from spammers. thank you for the information you provided.
Abbey
Abbey Feb 24 '17
Also changing from the captcha to Daves https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1279 Ultimate captcha will help, Be creative as the spam software they use on Oxwall software has trouble with maths equations, also changing the options regularly will help keep ahead of the spam software updates to combat your captcha.