We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

No More Communication from Oxwall - Why? | Forum

Bruce Tran
Bruce Tran Apr 13 '17
I feel like Oxwall has abandoned the community it built. No reply to emails or questions asked on forum. Anybody knows why?

I'm setting up my website https://bonsaiunited.com and finishing up final touches. I'm a little doubtful about using Oxwall for my social network because of this issue. It has been more than 8 months and there is no update or communication from Oxwall.

My alternative is PHPfox. It has a huge price tag, but it got all the features I need except for a theme. I'm considering it.

Do you know any other reliable social network software out there?
The Forum post is edited by Bruce Tran Apr 13 '17
Scam Detector
Scam Detector Apr 13 '17
If you are considering change free for paid, look at Skadate, maybe that's what you need to get fast support.

Oxwall team keeps updating the oxwall core and free plugins, I think that they are putting all their efforts on Skadate and making updates on oxwall core and plugins, maybe that's why we do not get answers in this forum. You can see they are updating oxwall on here https://github.com/oxwall 

I was thinking the same that you, but when I saw this I decided to keep using oxwall.

Scam Detector
Scam Detector Apr 13 '17
I forgot to mention that some third party plugin developers (paid plugins) have a very good support, and I appreciate that too.
Joey
Joey Apr 16 '17
Because Oxwall is dead.

Like many people say for a half year ago.

Development is to slow. Many function that should be build in from the beginning is missing. 

No responsive, no emoticons.... 

Scam Detector
Scam Detector Apr 17 '17
My Oxwall 1.8.4 included a free responsive defult theme, there is many more good looking paid themes and there is a free smileys plugin and 1 paid emojis plugin.
Joey
Joey Apr 18 '17

Quote from Scam Detector My Oxwall 1.8.4 included a free responsive defult theme, there is many more good looking paid themes and there is a free smileys plugin and 1 paid emojis plugin.
So, you are the first, and only one who have a responsive theme by default! 

Nice amigo.

Scam Detector
Scam Detector Apr 18 '17

All users that install 1.8.4 already have a responsive theme. It includes this default theme: https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1157

You only need to disable Oxwall Mobile to see it working on your devices.

Here is another free responsive theme in the store: https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/935

Joey
Joey Apr 23 '17

Quote from Scam Detector

All users that install 1.8.4 already have a responsive theme. It includes this default theme: https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1157

You only need to disable Oxwall Mobile to see it working on your devices.

Here is another free responsive theme in the store: https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/935

Only the menu is responsive of the default theme.
Bruce Tran
Bruce Tran Apr 25 '17
Joey is right, it's only the menu. I installed the SimplyResponsive theme by Darryl B, https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1305 and it's much better.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 26 '17
there is to little responsive plugins and the future is mobile apps and i will say it again the future is mobile apps forget about responsive...my opinion
Scam Detector
Scam Detector Apr 26 '17
It is responsive, just add a line of code in the css customization to make it perfect for little screens. That's what darryl did to his theme based on simplicity.

About the "future is mobile apps", how many installations do you have? How many uninstallations?

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 27 '17
I can not tell about that in public but my apps is they who bring me money my desktop software that is only bring my bills and make me buy more plugins. My apps are deffenitly my winner no doubt about it. and to ASO apps or SEO desktop software it is a big difference! They who say responsive solution is enough and not need apps ,do not know what they talking about and that is my opinion.
Quote from Scam Detector It is responsive, just add a line of code in the css customization to make it perfect for little screens. That's what darryl did to his theme based on simplicity.

About the "future is mobile apps", how many installations do you have? How many uninstallations?

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 27 '17
I want to go back to topic and ask the same:

NO MORE COMMUNICATION FROM OXWALL - WHY?

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 27 '17
Scam Detector
Scam Detector Apr 27 '17
Then how can we trust you are telling the true, or at least could you share how are you making more and what apps do you use? That way we can try to do more money too and follow your lead maybe?
Quote from OW-Ghost I can not tell about that in public but my apps is they who bring me money my desktop software that is only bring my bills and make me buy more plugins. My apps are deffenitly my winner no doubt about it. and to ASO apps or SEO desktop software it is a big difference! They who say responsive solution is enough and not need apps ,do not know what they talking about and that is my opinion.
Quote from Scam Detector It is responsive, just add a line of code in the css customization to make it perfect for little screens. That's what darryl did to his theme based on simplicity.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 27 '17
you have to just trust me i have no reason to lie about that and if you google and talk to people you would see with you own eyes mobile apps is the future. if you want to trust me or not it is up to you my friend. again they who believes mobile app is not the future and responsive is future do not know what they talking about my opinion. we not need agree about it and for me i have no issues if someone thinks totally oposit.
Quote from Scam Detector Then how can we trust you are telling the true, or at least could you share how are you making more and what apps do you use? That way we can try to do more money too and follow your lead maybe?
Quote from OW-Ghost I can not tell about that in public but my apps is they who bring me money my desktop software that is only bring my bills and make me buy more plugins. My apps are deffenitly my winner no doubt about it. and to ASO apps or SEO desktop software it is a big difference! They who say responsive solution is enough and not need apps ,do not know what they talking about and that is my opinion.

Scam Detector
Scam Detector Apr 27 '17
what i mean is: can provide some tips, instead of just telling what not to do, could you please share some tips on what to do?, how?, what apps do you recommend? or something else that you can share with us to help us a little? it would be very much appreciated by my and others i suppose.
Quote from OW-Ghost you have to just trust me i have no reason to lie about that and if you google and talk to people you would see with you own eyes mobile apps is the future. if you want to trust me or not it is up to you my friend. again they who believes mobile app is not the future and responsive is future do not know what they talking about my opinion. we not need agree about it and for me i have no issues if someone thinks totally oposit 
Quote from Scam Detector Then how can we trust you are telling the true, or at least could you share how are you making more and what apps do you use? That way we can try to do more money too and follow your lead maybe?

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 27 '17
problem is there is no good apps at oxwall and skadate but i use them because there is no other options right now they but more effort on desktop version then apps because desktop version bring more money to them with all plugins they sell here and alwasy try release new. so far i not see anyone sell scripts for mobile apps maybe they can bring up such section here for developers sell mobile scripts for oxwall and skadate apps. i do not know but i feel all social scripts or dating scripts do not have any beautiful designed apps or easy to use apps or unique apps because main focus is desktop version always that is the one who brings in alot of money for this developers but acctually mobile app scrips could bring in money to

it could not bee so hard insert extra code to a already finshed mobile app but who want to sell it ? nobody i guess?

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 27 '17
I forget to tell

some plugins is acctually working with skadate mobile apps and oxwall mobile apps because this plugins is not build up on design they are build on different actions....

and here is the answer for everything:

NO MORE COMMUNICATION FROM OXWALL - WHY?

if they talk with people we will have more understanding what they plan to do and not do. 

A clearly more detailed roadmap is very importen and release dates so we not need ask 500 times when the new updates is arrive and start worry they close the entire software forever and we need update our software our self

I can say i not happy with update 1 time 1 year is to much security problems that could bee avoided with more updates . is very unsafe run a software that make updates 1 time a year

Scam Detector
Scam Detector Apr 27 '17

"is very unsafe run a software that make updates 1 time a year"

That's not always true, if there is no security holes, then you are safe. 

The only one security risk I have seen  so far was the PHPMailer library, which is not made by them, it is a third party library and a user told us how tu update it, so right now we are safe again.

I haven't tested skadate's app, I asked a friend an hour ago about the third party plugins on apps, he told me this:

You can't make a native app with third party plugins because:

1.- The third party code (plugin) needs to be added to the source code of the app by a skilled developer, it is not like a regular plugin that you can just upload and install, its harder than that.

2.- It is too expensive, everytime you add something to an app you need to rebuild the app and upload an update to the store, 

3.- All the users need to be forced to update the app so they can see all the new stuff, some users update their apps automatically when they are in wifi mode, but a lot of them use internet 3G or 4G, they never update anything automatically, so they are never going to see your new features.

4.- The developers can't touch the code of an app which is not open source or which has not the license to modify, it just can't be done.

5.- Instead of having 30 buyers, if you are lucky you get 2 buyers and you have to charge a lot of money, they don't want to pay all the hours that this kind of development takes (a lot of hours). Did I mentioned that the costs of making changes to a native app are a lot higher? (Houndreds or maybe Thousands of USD)

That's why there is no plugins for native apps, it is better/cheaper to hire a developer to build or modify an app than try to force individual developers to make "plugins", because it is not real plugins, it is just code additions to an app.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 28 '17
>>>That's not always true, if there is no security holes, then you are safe. 

The only one security risk I have seen  so far was the PHPMailer library, which is not made by them, it is a third party library and a user told us how tu update it, so right now we are safe again.<<<

That is not true you very wrong here. If you ever use windows or android or any famous software you should understand why they MANY times in 1 year update they software it is because to stop security issues that always comes up. to do this 1 time in 1 year is like open a big candy box to hackers because the core software is only change in 1 year and it most bee a hcakers dream to have a software in his hands that only updates in 1 year.

<<<1.- The third party code (plugin) needs to be added to the source code of the app by a skilled developer, it is not like a regular plugin that you can just upload and install, its harder than that.>>>

I not a coder or developer but i understand that it is one plugin that communicate with skadate apps api and when you talking you make it so much complicated as possible for darkening the fact that to add code to this plugin would not bee impossible or very hard to do for a developer that are good at coding. this is not NASA coding a experied developer could add code to a plugin that communicate with the apps.

>>>2.- It is too expensive, everytime you add something to an app you need to rebuild the app and upload an update to the store,<<<<

It is not true in fact very cheap hire a android developer this days i just look at many freelance forums and it is bullshit when they say it is very expensive change code or develop code to android or apple apps. rebuild and uplaod the app is easy i learn how to do that a kid can do it with a small guide somtimes i feel this developers only think they can learn how to do things nobody else?

>>>3.- All the users need to be forced to update the app so they can see all the new stuff, some users update their apps automatically when they are in wifi mode, but a lot of them use internet 3G or 4G, they never update anything automatically, so they are never going to see your new features.<<<<

This point i no understand at all and it is just a BIG excuse for not update mobile apps and in my eyes rediculues excuse to bring up. So you you try say nobody should update apps because nobody will update they apps. lol what world do he or you live in? stoneage? i think they who not update they apps are 1-2 % not more the rest is have update as deafult and always get the latest release and you can not build a app on people that not upgrade what are you thinking about i really no understand this point at all rediculous.

<<<4.- The developers can't touch the code of an app which is not open source or which has not the license to modify, it just can't be done.<<<<

thiis maybe is true and this is why we never have any apps here that will stand out and have all new features that the desktop have. here is the real problem that you bring up and i feel if they want to have ot like that they digging the grave for the future because i see they updat ethey apps very slow and is not unique or have any cool feauters or nice design and if you want be a winner and win the race you can not always be number 5 or number 8 in the world that not working you need look how you can bee number 1 in the world always that bring money to skadate and oxwall not to bee number 8 or 7 in the world you need have amazing apps if not the other competioners will always win the race and you stay there as number 8 in the world forever in behind this success full app developers.

>>>5.- Instead of having 30 buyers, if you are lucky you get 2 buyers and you have to charge a lot of money, they don't want to pay all the hours that this kind of development takes (a lot of hours). Did I mentioned that the costs of making changes to a native app are a lot higher? (Houndreds or maybe Thousands of USD)<<<

again this is bullshit talking , i have look around many freelancer websites and it is not very expensive develop android apps or ios apps so we you keep saying that all the time is just because darkening how easy it is to upgrade the apps specially if you have license to the code and know how the api plugin is build for cummincate with the app. again redicilous excuses. why you think only have 2 buyers....maybe that is because the apps is not update so nobody buys the apps think abou that you need always go back why there is so littel people have apps that use oxwall and skadate because as i see it there is no good apps or amazing apps here and with you attitude there will never bee any 

>>>That's why there is no plugins for native apps, it is better/cheaper to hire a developer to build or modify an app than try to force individual developers to make "plugins", because it is not real plugins, it is just code additions to an app.>>>

You really not like the future you talk like someone that not want go on the future train at all. everything is possible it is just ask you self if you want stand out and bee first to do something that nobody else have done and here as i can see is something nobody done before and what a amazing success to make the reality how many would not come to oxwall and skadate and wanted buy they apps with so many plugins to add. we can call it code not plugins because some smart one need make it so easy as possible add it to the apps and there is smart people here many i not doubt that they could make it possible if they have the time and the fire inside them that they want bee number 1 in world if not have that fire and happy with alwasy bee number 8 then it is a dead end that will bee from number 8 to maybe number 12 and so on it is just example when i say number 8 i do not know what rank oxwall and skadate have in the world now but with they apps it is far from number 1 in the world and update core 1 time a year.

with all this said i see there is no "fire" left to make things amazing only excuses....it is not my business but i use this software for my business so i try make this guys have some "fire" inside them to bee best in world on what they doing but i see that fire is not excist here and probably will never excist to i afraid. the fire is gone totally and what is the reason for that? bring up the fire again we all want to success!

thanks for talking!

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 28 '17
Pages: 1 2 »