We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Internal error 500 | Forum

Rob
Rob May 8 '17

Dear developers,
Is there anyone who can tell us how to prevent or fix this internal error (see attach).
Very often we get the error 500 (see attach).
This can definitely be solved.?

With regards,

Rob

The Forum post is edited by Rob Jan 3 '21
Scam Detector
Scam Detector May 9 '17
It looks like your mysql is being overloaded if you are running your website in a vps or dedicated server, restart your mysql or mariadb and the problem should be fixed.
Scam Detector
Scam Detector May 9 '17

You only need ssh root access to restart your mysql service or mariadb service (daemons).

Scam Detector
Scam Detector May 9 '17
Do you have shared hosting, vps or dedicated?

Do you use cpanel, whm or another panel?

Do you have ssh root user/password?

If you answer the 3 questions I can point you to the right direction to solve it.

Scam Detector
Scam Detector May 9 '17
I have never used DirectAdmin so I can't tell for sure, look if you see any option for "Services" (daemons).

There you can start/stop/restart your services, MySQL is one of them and should be listed in there. If you don't see any of that then ask your provider if you can do it without having to ask them everytime you need to.

Also look at your mysql error log file, if you don't know where to find it ask to your hosting provider, this log has the info to know what is the error and why started to happen.

Scam Detector
Scam Detector May 9 '17
That's a tricky question because your error doesn't say that your database and content are the problem, it only says that mysql temporarily unavailable, it means it is out of resources (usually when you have a lot of users at the same time).

You really need to look at your mysql error log file before delete something.

Quick recommendation, make a backup of your database before you delete something.

The Forum post is edited by Scam Detector May 9 '17
Igor
Igor Jul 13 '17
Hello Scam Detector,

I have very similar issue without resolution.
I'm also using shared hosting and server cannot be restarted.
Error 500 is both at Dashboar and Main page.
Please let know what can I do?
https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/55926