We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

News Feed errors | Dashboard error 500 | Main page error 500 (nearly Solved) | Forum

Igor
Igor Jun 30 '17
Hi,

There are some problems with the News Feed.
I had and have the same issue on multiple installations of Oxwall, so I guess it's something that does exist by other people.

Issues:
1. It doesn't update at the main page - when new posts in groups are being posted, not all of them appear on the main page (where all recent activities should appear). Some posts are there but many other are not, so it's picking up some posts on unknown criteria (not the most recent)

2. After posting some links from youtube and photos, Dashboard stops working, providing Error 500. It takes to uninstall and reinstall the News Feed to fix this issue, but it resets the News Feed and deletes all existing posts (which is very terrible for users who're building up their profile)

Please let me know if someone came across these issues and possibly knows the solutions.
Thanks.

Debug info:
OW Debug - Exception Message: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'type":"video","provider_url":"https://www.youtube.com/","thumbnail_height":360,"' at line 1 File: /forum/ow_core/database.php Line: 723 Trace: #0

#0 /home/forum/ow_core/database.php(723): PDOStatement->execute()

#1 /home/forum/ow_core/database.php(344): OW_Database->execute('SELECT * FROM o...', NULL)

#2 /home/forum/ow_plugins/newsfeed/bol/like_dao.php(172): OW_Database->queryForObjectList('SELECT * FROM o...', 'NEWSFEED_BOL_Li...')

#3 /home/forum/ow_plugins/newsfeed/bol/service.php(519): NEWSFEED_BOL_LikeDao->findByEntityList(Array)

#4 /home/forum/ow_plugins/newsfeed/components/feed_list.php(101): NEWSFEED_BOL_Service->findLikesByEntityList(Array)

#5 [internal function]: NEWSFEED_CMP_FeedList->__construct(Array, Array)

#6 /home/forum/ow_core/ow.php(492): ReflectionClass->newInstanceArgs(Array)

#7 /home/forum/ow_core/ow.php(456): OW::getClassInstanceArray('NEWSFEED_CMP_Fe...', Array)

#8 /home/forum/ow_plugins/newsfeed/components/feed.php(230): OW::getClassInstance('NEWSFEED_CMP_Fe...', Array, Array)

#9 /home/forum/ow_plugins/newsfeed/components/feed.php(255): NEWSFEED_CMP_Feed->createFeedList(Array, Array)

#10 /home/forum/ow_core/renderable.php(124): NEWSFEED_CMP_Feed->render()

#11 /home/forum/ow_core/view.php(183): OW_Renderable->onRender()

#12 /home/forum/ow_core/component.php(80): OW_View->render()

#13 /home/forum/ow_core/renderable.php(124): OW_Component->render()

#14 /home/forum/ow_core/view.php(183): OW_Renderable->onRender()

#15 /home/forum/ow_core/component.php(80): OW_View->render()

#16 /home/forum/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php(332): OW_Component->render()

#17 /home/forum/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php(317): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropItem->render()

#18 /home/forum/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_frontend_panel.php(110): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropItem->renderView()

#19 /home/forum/ow_smarty/template_c/e0cc0bfe2046c416331bc83ca582778ef2340b0c_0.file.drag_and_drop_index.html.php(152): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropFrontendPanel->tplComponent(Array, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))

#20 /home/forum/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_resource_base.php(122): content_5968fea31ee8f0_03078960(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))

#21 /home/forum/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php(199): Smarty_Template_Resource_Base->getRenderedTemplateCode(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))

#22 /home/forum/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(159): Smarty_Template_Compiled->render(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))

#23 /home/forum/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(191): Smarty_Internal_Template->render(false, 0)

#24 /home/forum/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(94): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->_execute('/home/...', NULL, NULL, NULL, 0)

#25 /home/forum/ow_core/view_renderer.php(80): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/home/...')

#26 /home/forum/ow_core/view.php(187): OW_ViewRenderer->renderTemplate('/home/...')

#27 /home/forum/ow_core/component.php(80): OW_View->render()

#28 /home/forum/ow_core/renderable.php(124): OW_Component->render()

#29 /home/forum/ow_core/view.php(183): OW_Renderable->onRender()

#30 /home/forum/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/component_panel.php(56): OW_View->render()

#31 /home/forum/ow_core/request_handler.php(258): BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel->render()

#32 /home/forum/ow_core/request_handler.php(226): OW_RequestHandler->processControllerAction(Object(ReflectionMethod), Object(BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel))

#33 /home/forum/ow_core/application.php(346): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch()

#34 /home/forum/index.php(76): OW_Application->handleRequest()

#35 {main}

The Forum post is edited by Igor Jul 19 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 1 '17
error 500 is a server error and you should contact your host about it and they can see in they error logs why you have this issues.

just let them know the date and time this was happens and they can check it up closely because it is a server error not a platform software error

here you can see all server requirements your oxwall software needs

https://developers.oxwall.com/hosting

1. create a i.php file in your public_html folder

2. allow it in you htaccess file 

3. then check the long list of modules and server info if you have all requirements installed

and you should check you cron job if run as it should.

you can do that in cpanel or with a plugin here at oxwall store that free to download

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 1 '17
Shaun
Shaun Jul 2 '17
I have not used it but this might be of help to determin if there is a problem

MEET REQUIRMENTS PLUGIN
Igor
Igor Jul 3 '17
Thanks OW-Ghost,
Will try it

Shaun, thanks, this is what I've got from the report.
I'm using Siteground hosting, it's in the approved list of Oxwall.
Can  hosting provider enable something, or it's no fit or changing code advised by OW-Ghost is the solution?

Operating System:   linux   Machine(for info only):   x86_64 Apache:   apache   Apache Version:     X Mod Rewrite:   Please check your php info for this value   X Mod Security:   Please check your php info for this value   X suPHP:   Please check your php info for this value   X suApache:   Please check your php info for this value   X suHosin:   Please check your php info for this value   X PHP Modules:   pdo   PHP Modules:   dom   PHP Modules:   mbstring   PHP Modules:   zip   PHP Modules:   zlib   PHP Modules:   ftp   PHP Modules:   json   PHP Modules:   openssl   PHP Modules:   curl   PHP Modules:   gd   PHP Modules:   session   MySQL:   5.6.28-76.1-log   GD Library(w/freetype support):   bundled (2.1.0 compatible)   GD Library Freetype:   MailServer:   X Cron:   X
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 4 '17
Hello Igor

It looks like you need create a php file for see if you have all requiremets on your server there are many guides on internet show how to do that.

Have you check cron job if t runs with this plugin https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1060

If cron runs and you have all server requirements installed

next step will bee

1. open your inspect tool in you browser and looking for errors

2. look errors logs at your server and errors logs for you oxwall software (there are different error logs placed in you file system)

OW-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 4 '17
Igor
Igor Jul 6 '17
Hello OW-Ghost,

I checked the cron jobs, they're working properly (set on 30 min)
As for the requirements, I have asked this question to the hosting provider (please see their answer below) and they told me that in my case it's an issue with the code of Oxwall.

Since there is not much can be done on the server side, is hiring a developer to update the code will solve my issue?
How complex the update that it requires?
Thanks.

Reply from hosting:
"The error above is coming from the site's code, as it has a MySQL query that was attempted to run which is not compatible with the MySQL version running on your shared server. These kinds of issues can only be dealt with at the code level by a specialized developer or by the script developers themselves. If you are running a deprecated software version, updating your forum to the latest stable version available, often resolves this, as it provides updated code, compatible with newer software versions.

Unfortunately, the MySQL version running on your server cannot be changed. As previously explained in this ticket, our shared and managed servers all run proprietary software based on a predefined configuration template. This cannot be altered as it will require changes at the global server level, affecting not only your account, but all hosted on this shared server. The best possible solution would be to simply forward this error to the appropriate software developers, managing this forum application."
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 6 '17
Hello Igor,

1. What host company are you use?

2. You shared host use niginx or apache? or both together?

2. The cron should bee run every minut not every 30 minut.

3. Do not trust them when they say it is the software that have issues they told me this 1000 times but when i digging deeper it is the server that have missing requierements for run the software. If i was you i would create a php info file and look you self if there is mising php modules and other requirements.

4. And if i was you i would looking the apache error logs, php error logs and owall errors logs they tell alot about the issues you have

5. finaly if they refuse help you change host company to another host company. I strongly recommend siteground as shared hosting for your oxwall website. they support are awsome and they can speed up you oxwall software alot. 

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 6 '17
Igor
Igor Jul 7 '17
Hello OW-Ghost,
Quote from OW-Ghost Hello Igor,

1. What host company are you use?

I'm hosting at Siteground Go-Geek account. They have really great customer support, but they seem not able to help me this time.

2. You shared host use niginx or apache? or both together?

Not sure, apache for sure

2. The cron should bee run every minut not every 30 minut.

Yes, now set on 1 minute

3. Do not trust them when they say it is the software that have issues they told me this 1000 times but when i digging deeper it is the server that have missing requierements for run the software. If i was you i would create a php info file and look you self if there is mising php modules and other requirements.

Is it possible that my limitations are due to shared hosting, that doesn't run these scripts? My plan is the most advanced from simple plans. Is there a hosting

4. And if i was you i would looking the apache error logs, php error logs and owall errors logs they tell alot about the issues you have

I have the full log from Oxwall, screenshot is attached. Since I'm not very skilled in code writing, I'm afraid to crash the website with these experiments, but I will try to do it safely.

5. finaly if they refuse help you change host company to another host company. I strongly recommend siteground as shared hosting for your oxwall website. they support are awsome and they can speed up you oxwall software alot. 

I'm currently hosting at Siteground. Which plan does offer all that is required for Oxwall?
I sent them link to this discussion earlier and they came up with the reply I posted above. What can I do to solve it? Same issue on 2 out 4 Oxalls that I run. Thanks.

Attachments:
  Screenshot_70.png (124Kb)
Shaun
Shaun Jul 8 '17
Have you tried simply uninstalling the NEWSFEED PLUGIN from the site and re installing a fresh copy of it.

You may loose alot of newsfeed updates in the short term but it could solve your problem and if not simply restore your site from a backup to get your old newsfeed back.

Also I have my cron set to run every minute without any problems and I am on shared hosting too.

I am using HOSTFORWEB as my host and they have been mostly great to work with.
Shaun
Shaun Jul 8 '17
You are running 4 sites? 2 of them are working fine?

If so are the 2 that are working fine on a diffrent host than the 2 that are not?

Could you maybe consider hosting all 4 of your site using a dedicated server or even a VPS on a host that has not had any issues with the newsfeed plugin?

Have you tried emailing Oxwall the error code. Posting here is a waste of time but you may have some luck if you email them.

I know thats not much help but they are things to consider.

The Forum post is edited by Shaun Jul 8 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 8 '17
Hello Igor,

It looks like your oxwall software is not 100% okey.

Siteground is a shared host that works perfect with oxwall and skadate. I can confirm i use them today!

If you lucky a developer at upwork.com or here on this forum could fix you issues and you not need reinstall entire oxwall software if you have many members?

I can suggest one more thing try inactivate one and one plugin to see what plugins create this errors? then try uninstall that plugin and install it again.

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 8 '17
Igor
Igor Jul 8 '17

Quote from Shaun Have you tried simply uninstalling the NEWSFEED PLUGIN from the site and re installing a fresh copy of it.

You may loose alot of newsfeed updates in the short term but it could solve your problem and if not simply restore your site from a backup to get your old newsfeed back.

Also I have my cron set to run every minute without any problems and I am on shared hosting too.

I am using HOSTFORWEB as my host and they have been mostly great to work with.
Hi Shaun,
I tried it already and it returns.
It happens with a single post, showing a Prasal Error. After refreshing the page it's possible to share but Dashboard goes Error 500.
Please see my earlier topic about it.
https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/55792

Quote from Shaun You are running 4 sites? 2 of them are working fine?

If so are the 2 that are working fine on a diffrent host than the 2 that are not?

Could you maybe consider hosting all 4 of your site using a dedicated server or even a VPS on a host that has not had any issues with the newsfeed plugin?

Have you tried emailing Oxwall the error code. Posting here is a waste of time but you may have some luck if you email them.

I know thats not much help but they are things to consider.

The other two are not functional yet, just getting configured.
All Oxwalls that I use produce this error in News Feed and I only share youtube links.

You're right, here it might be hopeless.
I tried contacting Oxwall with some upgrade that I wanted but after several emails I never heard back.

Not sure how much more VPS is expensive, would it solve my issue you think?

Quote from OW-Ghost Hello Igor,

It looks like your oxwall software is not 100% okey.

Siteground is a shared host that works perfect with oxwall and skadate. I can confirm i use them today!

If you lucky a developer at upwork.com or here on this forum could fix you issues and you not need reinstall entire oxwall software if you have many members?

I can suggest one more thing try inactivate one and one plugin to see what plugins create this errors? then try uninstall that plugin and install it again.

Hello OW-Ghost,

Yes, it seems to me too that it's an issue in News Feed plugin.
Do you use News Feed often or at all sharing youtube links with description for example?
If so, was there any special in your installation or settings?

Deactivating doesn't help, I tried it - only uninstall, but then the newsfeed is empty.
Newsfeed is the history of all posts in fact, besides forum - it actually meaning ruing the resource. Reseting newsfeed is not an option, it's nearly like starting the community from scratch.

Maybe I should share this topic in Bugs section, so developers could see it and possibly say what's wrong with this issue...
Igor
Igor Jul 9 '17
Hi Terry Webbs,

It was indeed disabled.
I turned them all on but the error is still there. Not sure, maybe it would help before it crashed for the first time.

I wonder if I'm the only one having this issue....
Igor
Igor Jul 12 '17
Now I've got error 500 for the main page as well now :-(
It happened when I made the Dashboard invisible for all visitors.
I followed the post for handling error 500 from pinned post, but it doesn't help at all
https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/4661

What shall I do - the whole forum is affected now?
The Forum post is edited by Igor Jul 12 '17
Igor
Igor Jul 13 '17
I have just spoken with hosting provider - they say the problem is with the way Youtube syntax is being registered by Oxwall - that is causing the error.

Someone please help me!

Error details:
Type: Exception
Message: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'type":"video","provider_url":"https://www.youtube.com/","thumbnail_height":360,"' at line 1
Shaun
Shaun Jul 13 '17
Have you tried disabling the video plugin temporarily? 

It wont solve you problem but it might stop the E500 pages. Disabling a plugin doesn't reset it uless you uninstall the plugin so all your content will still be there waiying for a fix.

I hope someone with more  knowledge comes along and provides a fix for you because i know how gutting it feels to get these issues and not get any help.

Igor
Igor Jul 13 '17
Hi Shaun,
Video plugin is unstalled (in "Available Plugin")
Disabling News Feed plugin doesn't solve the problem, unless uninstalled (but then news feed is empty).
Igor
Igor Jul 14 '17
Different tricks on hosting where tried and php version changed - I still get the Error 500 on the Main page and Dashboard.
There are 2 errors related to the MySQL syntax.
Any ideas?
Code:

Message: SQLSTATE[HY093]: Invalid parameter number: no parameters were bound
File: /.../forum/ow_core/database.php
Line: 723

Code:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'type":"video","provider_url":"https://www.youtube.com/","thumbnail_height":360,"' at line 1

Suggestion from another similar topic - how to truncate the news feed?
Quote from ross truncate ow_newsfeed_action_set database table and see if the issue persists. Please, do the search on the forum, before posting anything, this issue has been discussed a lot of times

The Forum post is edited by Igor Jul 17 '17
Igor
Igor Jul 17 '17

Debug from Dashboard:

OW Debug - Exception

SQLSTATE[HY093]: Invalid parameter number: no parameters were bound

File:

/home/public_html/forum/ow_core/database.php

Line:

Trace:

#0 /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/database.php(723): PDOStatement->execute()

#1 /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/database.php(344): OW_Database->execute('SELECT * FROM o...', NULL)

#2 /home/public_html/forum/ow_plugins/newsfeed/bol/like_dao.php(172): OW_Database->queryForObjectList('SELECT * FROM o...', 'NEWSFEED_BOL_Li...')

#3 /home/public_html/forum/ow_plugins/newsfeed/bol/service.php(519): NEWSFEED_BOL_LikeDao->findByEntityList(Array)

#4 /home/public_html/forum/ow_plugins/newsfeed/components/feed_list.php(101): NEWSFEED_BOL_Service->findLikesByEntityList(Array)

#5 [internal function]: NEWSFEED_CMP_FeedList->__construct(Array, Array)

#6 /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/ow.php(492): ReflectionClass->newInstanceArgs(Array)

#7 /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/ow.php(456): OW::getClassInstanceArray('NEWSFEED_CMP_Fe...', Array)

#8 /home/public_html/forum/ow_plugins/newsfeed/components/feed.php(230): OW::getClassInstance('NEWSFEED_CMP_Fe...', Array, Array)

#9 /home/public_html/forum/ow_plugins/newsfeed/components/feed.php(255): NEWSFEED_CMP_Feed->createFeedList(Array, Array)

#10 /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/renderable.php(124): NEWSFEED_CMP_Feed->render()

#11 /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/view.php(183): OW_Renderable->onRender()

#12 /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/component.php(80): OW_View->render()

#13 /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/renderable.php(124): OW_Component->render()

#14 /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/view.php(183): OW_Renderable->onRender()

#15 /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/component.php(80): OW_View->render()

#16 /home/public_html/forum/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php(332): OW_Component->render()

#17 /home/public_html/forum/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php(317): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropItem->render()

#18 /home/public_html/forum/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_frontend_panel.php(110): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropItem->renderView()

#19 /home/public_html/forum/ow_smarty/template_c/774da850841698cac7ceaa06682753b80577a39b_0.file.drag_and_drop_entity_panel.html.php(113): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropFrontendPanel->tplComponent(Array, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))

#20 /home/public_html/forum/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_resource_base.php(122): content_5969005e2f74a0_65594853(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))

#21 /home/public_html/forum/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php(199): Smarty_Template_Resource_Base->getRenderedTemplateCode(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))

#22 /home/public_html/forum/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(159): Smarty_Template_Compiled->render(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))

#23 /home/public_html/forum/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(191): Smarty_Internal_Template->render(false, 0)

#24 /home/public_html/forum/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(94): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->_execute('/home/...', NULL, NULL, NULL, 0)

#25 /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/view_renderer.php(80): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/home/...')

#26 /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/view.php(187): OW_ViewRenderer->renderTemplate('/home/...')

#27 /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/component.php(80): OW_View->render()

#28 /home/public_html/forum/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/component_panel.php(156): OW_Component->render()

#29 /home/public_html/forum/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/component_panel.php(182): BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel->action('dashboard', 1, false, Array, 'drag_and_drop_e...')

#30 [internal function]: BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel->dashboard(Array)

#31 /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/request_handler.php(250): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel), Array)

#32 /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/request_handler.php(226): OW_RequestHandler->processControllerAction(Object(ReflectionMethod), Object(BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel))

#33 /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/application.php(346): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch()

#34 /home/public_html/forum/index.php(76): OW_Application->handleRequest()

#35 {main}

Type:

PDOException

Igor
Igor Jul 18 '17
Today I got a new error 500 on another installation - now it doesn't open at all.
All my Oxwalls go very bad and hosting says that there is nothing wrong at their side.
I don't see many similar complaints here, they seem disappear since a few years ago.

Guys, please help me - what can it be to cause all my Oxwalls Error 500?

Error details: Type: Exception Message: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'type":"link","description":"Минимальная и средняя зарпл' at line 1 File: /home/public_html/forum/ow_core/database.php Line: 723
Pages: 1 2 »