We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can the code part be disabled? - Verified Members | Forum

Shaun
Shaun May 12 '17
I really like the look of this plugin but dont paticularly need my members to write down a code on peice of paper just their username and the site name whilst both being visible in the picture.

Is that possible?

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 12 '17
i think that possible, but maybe let SD answer that question for you :)
Shaun
Shaun May 12 '17
I have literally just added a bit on my site that lets  members verify each other by stating that they have met them in person or on cam. 

Thats works really well too.

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer May 12 '17
Hi Shaun!

Yes, it is possible.

The text displayed on the verification form can be changed in language settings, it looks like this:

Your verification code is {$code}.

If you want to remove that code, you just need to change this text instructions for something like: 

Paint your username and "mydomain.com" in a piece of paper.

If you need to display the {$userName} in there, please let me know and I will add it to an update if you buy this plugin.

I was thinking to add something like that, user verify each other, but in the real world they can make a new account and verify themselves with fake accounts. So I realized that I needed to add the verification code and be accepted/rejected by the admin.

With this plugin you can change the instructions for what ever you think fits best for you, you can set the quantity of required photos too and you can add in the instructions for each photo.

Eg: 

Take a photo displaying your ID Card or License ID Card, the website name, your user name and your face in the same photo.

Eg2:

Take 4 photos, you have to show your face in each one, and each photo needs to have the following requirements:

Photo 1: Paint your username in a piece of paper

Photo 2: Paint the mydomain.com in a piece of paper

Photo 3: Paint your verification code {$code} in a piece of paper

Photo 4: Show your ID card or driver ID card.

This way you make your verification steps unique and it is impossible to fake verification even with photoshop. 

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask.

Senior Developer

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer May 12 '17
Shaun
Shaun May 12 '17
Thank you for the reply SD it is very much appreciated.

I am just about to purchase the plugin  as I have been waiting for this type of of plugin now for some time. I will let you know what my thoughts are.

Members verifying each other works alot beter than you would think, I know of two very large sites Fab Swingers being the mian one where this system is a huge part of the community. Yes it is open to abuse but that abuse is usually easy to spot and deal with.

Your more than welcome to log onto my site and try out what I did. Bare in mind I am not a developer so its an old Oxwall plugin that I have edited the language of to suit my needs.
The Forum post is edited by Shaun May 12 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 12 '17
I will not agree members verify eachother is a good idea at all. i have same users sign up with 3 or 10 accounts everyday at least they try do that but i delete mostly of the accunts everyday but it is hard work and hard find out that they sign up for many accounts specially when they use mobile network with always diffferent ip:s

i must say this solution is the far best i see here to get rid of fake accounts. i just dreaming it would working for my mobile apps because i see no point use it only on 40% on my members that join my site the 60% that use native mobile apps will still no need verify with this very nice verify proccess in my opinion.

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 12 '17
Shaun
Shaun May 13 '17
I understand what you are saying about user verifying themselves and if I hadn't seen it in practice I propably wouldn't want it either but I have seen it in practice and really is working for them. I will see how it goes and re asses in a few months. If it isn't working for me I can remove it and since its an old oxwall plugin that I wasnt using anyway I have not lost anything.

I hope you find a solution to the mobile side of things. I am using the Ethos theme and it seems to be the best solution I have found so far. The Developer is awesome too.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 13 '17
thank you very much i hope so to, it is much easier success with 3 search engine then one search engine...that all i can say...

i suggest you try native apps for you business you want regret it in future or in any day i will promise you that

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 13 '17
You do not have permission to reply this topic