We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

customize the theme - SimplyResponsive - SB | Forum

Sven
Sven May 18 '17
first of all, thx for a great theme!
went for it after looking at many paid and free themes, cause i liked it most of all and it gets close to what i/ we want.
anyway, the general customizing in terms of colors goes pretty well to adjust for our site. what i can't wrap my head around so far (didn't find much useful info in the forums either), how can i change the color of the icons in the main menu bar, right side (guess it is called the console - the user, admin etc)??? same thing for the icons in "add new" block.
i am not a complete idiot (not great with it either) with css but completely new to oxwall. and at the moment i run into a friggin wall again and again when trying stuff in base css. i think i just look at the wrong items, really kinda lost.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 18 '17
The console items are svg images. I used Inkscape, a free software< to change the color from that of the original Simplicity theme color. There are more that show normally. A couple of them only show when certain actions are present. I'll attach my zip file with all of them. You can use Inkscape to change the color, and then replace the ones in the themes images folder. Just be sure to use the same name.

The sidebar Icons are FontAwesome icons. They will follow the text color. Here is the css to change that. Just add it to you custom css section for the theme in the admin panel.

.ow_add_content {
    color: #2196f3;
}
Attachments:
  Simplicity console items blue.zip (6Kb)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 18 '17
The text file in the post may give you some idea of how to use Inkscape.

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/42014

P.S. Don't forget to enable dev mode in the config.php file when you change out the svg icons, and refresh any page on your site, and set dev mode back to false when you are done. Any changes you make on the server will always need dev mode set to true. I don't think I will need to do any updates on the theme, but, if I do, and you apply the update, the svg images will revert back to the original, so keep a copy of your icons handy so you can re-apply them.
Sven
Sven May 18 '17
ok, that explains it. came across the svg files with "inspect element", but that's kinda new concept for me :). read up on it and inkscape. seems straight forward enough.
thx for your fast response, the file, the link and the tip!!! very much appreciated!!!

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 18 '17
You're welcome. I'm no pro myself. I learned what I did from making these themes, and a lot of using the internet. Figured I might as well put them on here instead of just collecting dust.
Sven
Sven May 18 '17
ok, modified and uploaded svg files, worked perfectly!
same for the sidebar icons.

again thx alot. you saved me from another sleepless nite LOL.
You do not have permission to reply this topic