We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Migrating from Oxwall to another platform? | Forum

John
John May 19 '17
It's obvious that the development of Oxwall, while it might not be dead yet, is definitely on life support.

And various issues people have complained about for years (such as the "poster's avatar replaced with avatar who liked") have still not been resolved, and at this stage, probably never will.

So, I'm thinking it's time to leave Oxwall for another platform.  Which could be a paid platform like SocialEngine or PHPfox or something else.

The main worry, though, is that with over 2000 members, I want to keep all posts, photos, blogs, forums, groups, videos, audios, everything.  I want members to keep their login details and passwords.

Have people had any experiences in migrating to other platforms?  How has it gone?  Are there any conversion programs, or good programmers out there who can convert Oxwall's database to another platform's at a reasonable price?
The Forum post is edited by John May 19 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 21 '17
The big issues i think is the passwords that you can not migrate and you will get some angry members that need update they password on you entire new website.

I think everything else would bee possible migrate but you need ask they who have the software if they will do it for you or you pay them for they do it.

please update here if you did success 

i interested to see if it is possible and if it was hard work to do it or easy....i want to know same you

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 21 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 22 '17
how much money do i need pay and how much time does it takes?
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 22 '17
okey that i would bee ready to pay for migrate everything...

i was look your website Tomas and it looks like not finished?or is it finished?

Joey
Joey Jun 10 '17
You can go to wordpress, bbpress, and buddypress.
Kenny S
Kenny S Jun 22 '17
Dolphin?
shara hall
shara hall Oct 3 '22
This can be a pretty big problem that i think you can get over it wordle nyt
Qhaaf Bedding
Qhaaf Bedding Aug 16 '23
Experience the perfect pairing of bed sheet with comforter in Pakistan by Qhaaf Bedding. Transform your sleep space.
Aspire Bedding
Aspire Bedding Aug 17 '23
Transform your bedroom with the elegance of Aspire Bedding's luxurious bed sheet sets. Experience comfort and style in one package.
subhanakhtar
subhanakhtar Jan 29
NYTimes Wordle is a minimalist and elegant word puzzle for word enthusiasts. Wordle nytimes