We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Emails going to SPAM and nothing left to do | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Joaquin
Joaquin Jul 11 '17
Hi,

Verification emails sent by my site (and all of the others) are received by Gmail, Yahoo, hotmail and basically all email accounts directly in the spam folder.

I've done some research and done everytning in this post: https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/20971?&page=1
but nothing seems to work.

My domain is not blacklisted, and the configuration seems to be just fine.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Do anyone have a clue of what might be going on?
2. Verification emails are sent by the admin email address. What SMTP server is it using and where is it configured?

Thank you

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jul 11 '17
Hi there,

Im also experiencing the same issue unfortunately
Christian
Christian Jul 11 '17
Have the same problem since 3-4 days before everything went normal
Now everything goes in Spam mailboxes have no idea what is going on here?
Shaun
Shaun Jul 11 '17
I had this issue for ages but I managed to get round the problem by enabling smtp and using a new email address.

My issue might have been diffrent because none of my emai was reaching the intended targets, IT was all returned to me as marked spam.
The Forum post is edited by Shaun Jul 11 '17
Joaquin
Joaquin Jul 11 '17
This looks quite an extended problem among Oxwall and Skadate users.
What does support say?

Where is the SMTP server configured? I don't undestand how this platform can send emails if I have not configured my email server anywhere... or am I missing something?

Christian
Christian Jul 11 '17
You go to your cPanel Click "Email Accounts" Then right  Click "Set Up Mail Client" And here you overwrite the data and ad
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 11 '17

The worst thing a oxwall amatuer doing is to setup they software several months or maybe years with no SMTP service.

You then have 0% controll what users have reported you email as spam and they can still bee members on your site forever and you never know they reported your email as spam because you did not have a SMTP for check this. 

It is same with HARD bounces and SOFT bounces. if you have members with emails like this and you do not know it you are trapped in a bad reputation that is very hard to dealing with and take long time to get back to right track again.

trust me i been there and to make a email reputation to bee much better takes very long time if you have created a bad reputation and you need bee very patient.

and not use shared hosting email servers ,use third part email servers that you know have good reputation.

use SMTP service that not randomly give you a blacklisted IP sometimes. usely cheap SMTP service do this. you get what you pay for.

and dedicated IP for SMTP is only for very big sites , it takes alot of emails every day to warm up a dedicated email ip it is only for very big sites. better use one IP or IPs they already make good reputation on from a SMTP service. but there is traps and a jungle about smtp service avoide cheap smtp service that randomly give you blacklisted IP and randomly give you good IP.

and not forget have a clean email member list when join a smtp, if you not have that and join a smtp they will warn you and maybe ban you and you will bee granted they randomly  blacklisted shit ips 

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 11 '17