We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error accessing admin panel | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Joaquin
Joaquin Sep 13 '17
Hi,

I'm setting up my site on a new server. The site was basically working well, until I opened the admin panel.

I am getting the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to OW_ErrorManager::exceptionHandler() must be an instance of Exception, instance of Error given in /var/www/vhosts/doscr/httpdocs/ow_core/error_manager.php:235 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: OW_ErrorManager->exceptionHandler(Object(Error)) #1 {main} thrown in /var/www/vhosts/doscr/httpdocs/ow_core/error_manager.php on line 235

Any idea about what might be going on?

Thank you

The Forum post is edited by Joaquin Sep 14 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 16 '17
Yes it is you server 100% that not working with oxwall software together.

I suggest you go for a shared hosting plan if you just started and not play around with things that you do not know anything about and with no server support or software support

Go for easy and make advance later!

/Ow-ghost

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Sep 16 '17
Hi Joaquin!

You are using PHP7 login to your hosting Control Panel and switch to PHP 5.6 or 5.5. 

If you don't know how to do that, ask to your hosting support how to do it.

I hope this help.

Senior Developer

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 17 '17
I use PHP 7 with no issues at all on my server?

Interesting very much

confirmed from skadate support that php7 should work 100% with skadate and the oxwall core and i not notice any problem yet?

Now i want to go to bottom with this 

Is php7 support oxwall or not i will contacting skadate again about this because i see some skilled developers here not agree??

Quote from Senior Developer Hi Joaquin!

You are using PHP7 login to your hosting Control Panel and switch to PHP 5.6 or 5.5. 

If you don't know how to do that, ask to your hosting support how to do it.

I hope this help.

Senior Developer

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Sep 17 '17
Joaquin
Joaquin Sep 17 '17
Hi

Yes that was the problem. I moved my site to a new server and it came with php 7 already installed. I have installed now 5.6 and all is fine.

Thank you guys

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 17 '17
I use skadate same you do Joaquin and i not have issues with php7 ?

I have php7 on 2 websites with no issues?

And skadate SUPPORT told me skadate and oxwall core support php7 100% ?

If not believe me you can send them a ticket and ask them you self

I VERY CONFUSED about this.....and i would like to know what SD have to say about this?

Maybe i have issues that i can not see??? lol

Quote from Joaquin Hi

Yes that was the problem. I moved my site to a new server and it came with php 7 already installed. I have installed now 5.6 and all is fine.

Thank you guys

Joaquin
Joaquin Sep 17 '17
Hi OW-Ghost

Well, now I'm confused too. I did some research about that error, and it looks like it is from php v7. Skadate support never answered my email about that error, so I don't know what their say is about it. However, I asked them what version of php I should be using, and the answer was 5.6

If v7 works for you, then there must be something else on your server that is working nicely together with php 7. I have noticed that some plugins don't work for me, whereas they work for others, so I wonder if there is something else I should be looking at?

Cheers

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 17 '17
Hi Joaquin,

Then we get different answers from skadate support and that is not good?

My answer from them was that they suggested me to upgrade to PHP7 because they have now officialy confirmed that php7 works 100% with skadate and oxwall core.

And why i not get this error on my skadate websites? i have 2 ?

Cheers

Joaquin
Joaquin Sep 17 '17
Hi OW-Ghost,

what version of Skadate do you have?
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 17 '17
I have version skadate XI the latest one i guess because i not see any updates yet...
Joaquin
Joaquin Sep 17 '17
In the admin panel, when you scroll down to the very bottom, what do you see?
I see
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 17 '17
Yes i have same Skadate (10800). Versión de la plataforma: 1.8.4 (10800)

and i use 2 websites with php7....very strange

the only i can think about is that you have a plugin that not support php7 ?

do you use nginx? or apache? on your server?

Joaquin
Joaquin Sep 17 '17
I use Apache.

Some plugins don't work, like Private Message Reader or Stock Notifications. I don't know why. But it looks like they work for others? I would like to know the reason. I think it's all related.

I asked the developer but he wanted me to give him access to my cPanel, which I was very reluctant, so unfortunately I didn't make those plugins work yet. I think it might have to do with the version of jQuery, according to some research... but it's hard to say.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 17 '17
I was use Apache for my sites same you do now before i know that nginx works better with skadate.

The website speed will bee 8-10 times faster if you use nginx then you will use apache for skadate.

private message i have no problem with, but stock notifications have been problem with sence 3 years ago a developer here was release a very buggy version but SD have a version that should bee working with skadate but i need test it because i not see my stock notification working in 6 months now so yes i think there is a problem witht he plugin for skadate users but first i need check it to confirm it

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 17 '17

Okey i done with plugin Analyze 

Did you mean you have issues with this plugin: Instant Notify Popup (another developer named it stock notifications and it is very buggy but not same plugin)

I have issues with this plugin from SD with my skadate website.

Popup window NOT shows "winks" when someone send a "wink"

But it shows "profile visits" and "private messages" then i get a instant notify window.

Note:

This is not a BUG this is a VERY importen skadate feature that is not included in Senior developers (SD) Instant Notify Popup plugin yet....

Ow-Ghost

Joaquin
Joaquin Sep 17 '17
Yes, that plugin does nothing on my site. Really, absolutely nothing. I had to remove it. I contacted the developer but he never replied.

I think Oxwall should be more restrictive and watchful when it comes to plugins developers. It's quite bad that we pay money for things that don't work and developers don't fix...
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Sep 17 '17
Hi Joaquin!

I'm glad it is working now.

Senior Developer!

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Sep 17 '17
Hi OW-Ghost!

I managed to modify the installer, installed it on php7 but it had a lot of issues after the installation. I even downloaded the latest updates from github but it didn't work. I tried this in Windows Server, Ubuntu and Centos servers, all with the same errors.

Maybe in the next release the core will have full support for php7.

The documentation says you need PHP 5.6, my only guess is that somebody in the Oxwall Team or third party developer fixed the compatibility issues for you and didn't tell you. I'm just guessing, please don't take my words as fact.

Regarding my plugin Instant Notify Popup

The support for Winks plugin will be added on next update in a few weeks.

Senior Developer.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 17 '17
Hello SD!

Thank you for include "winks" in next " instant notify popup " update :)

You really do a nice work here as always my friend.

I will forward this topic to skadate support and let them answer why my site work with php7?

I still very confused about this php7 that work for SOME and SOME it not works for?

ANd more confused why skadate tell me i should upgrade to php7 because now they officialy final tested they software with php7 and tell me it works 100% with no issues? 

Okey i think only skadate can answer this, i will forward this topic to them

Ow-Ghost