We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

.... - Country blocker | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 3 '17
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Oct 11 '17
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Oct 4 '17
I know that plugin is very eraly stage on development, if you see i develop many plugins regulary vide http://projects.artmedia.biz.pl/roadmap_page.php

To identify ip to country you must have database, i prepare special table for oxwall to do it. This is massive amount data, table have ~30 MB, but on next version i plan add ipv6 ranges

Please update plugin to version 1.1, the on settings check Database (you must import ip ranges to database ~50MB), next you will be redirected to import tab, you must import all records do database, and then you can localy check countries.

on settings page you have group option, if you want select only guest, then plugin don't be checking countires users.

You can check countries on specify pages, eg. join page, when you want avoid register from selected countries.

Please test it, and if you find bugs, report me, and then i issue next version plugin
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Oct 11 '17
ok, thanks for all feedback, test it, i don't now how many users using ipv6, so if you find large numbers users, let me now i prepare database with ipv6 soon
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Oct 11 '17
ok, thanks. a very nice plugin :)
You do not have permission to reply this topic