We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

export and import xml language files? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 5 '17
Hello,

I hate to copy and paste 100 times...

I try find a xml editor that can sort out only the "language values" from the language xml files that you can export from any plugins that you did buy.
But i can not find any good xml editor tool online that filter out so you can see only the "values" and nothing else on the screen and then copy this list of values and use google translate for translate the values and paste the new values back to the xml file.

in this way you could easy translate a plugin with google translate (yes i know google translate is not 100% correct when translate but some plugins is just not a main feature on my website so i really not care if there is 2 or 3 sentence that is translated wrong on the entire plugin)

how to list ONLY the xml key values  so you can translate them ? 

anyone have any great advice to share with me i would bee happy ?  

Thanks

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 5 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 5 '17
It would bee awsome if someone created a plugin that translate other plugins with google translate.

I see there is possible to create such plugin if know how to list the values from the xml files

Cool if some smart developer take this idea and create such plugin. 

I will now try convert xml file to .jason or .strings format see if i can list the values and translate them in google and then paste the new values back and convert back

im out of ideas right now....i hope some smart man or girl jumps in here and give me a little bit help solve the small problem :)

imagine a plugin where you pick what plugin you want to translate. i think i super nice idea. can someone create :) would bee a best a top seller plugin

one more thing the plugin could have a feature that list the plugins laguage values so you can easy hire someone for translate them and then paste them back in same list with ONE click or if you want use google translate or bing translate for example

right now the paste and copy every word in admin panel or get a xml file that not list ONLY the key values is not a very great feature that not user friendly at all....make a plugin oxwall or someone

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Dec 5 '17
William
William Jul 14 '23

Click Developer > Export.

If a small Export XML dialog box appears, click the XML Map you want to use, and click OK. 

In the large Export XML dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the XML data file.

Click Export.

Regards,

Diana