We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Professional Courtesy - Did you copy my plugin - Dual Captcha | Forum

dave Leader
dave Mar 16 '18
Hi, I wanted to offer you the professional courtesy of giving you the the chance to explain to me about your plugin.  I already know that you copied some of my plugin content to make yours, and i am 100% sure of this and i have proof.  

However, i am giving you the chance to explain your motives and also to show me that i am wrong about the rest of your plugin not being a copy of mine. 

If you want to offer me proof otherwise, just show me some of the code you did yourself.   I would like to work this out between us and keep this professional.  However i can certainly report this to oxwall, ask them to compare the files and have them pull your plugin and remove you as a developer if you want to play it that way. 

At this point i am willing to work with you to resolve this.  I hope you are willing to work with me as well. 

Dave 

The Forum post is edited by dave Mar 16 '18
steph
steph Mar 22 '18
I was inspired by your code but it is not a copy and the inspiration is not prohibited it seems to me ....
The first and most important thing is that there are not the same functions.
The slider is absolutely not the way it is.
Your plugin is more complete.
You can quite ask for a comparison.
I do not think my code is as optimized as it is. I start in oxwall plugins.
What pieces of code do you want to see?
Something else:

And if you're as professional as you claim, we do not spit on people in public forum, there is private messaging to resolve conflicts of interest.
Sincerely, Lionel
dave Leader
dave Mar 22 '18
I appreciate your reply and your honesty and your offer to show, that says alot.  You can ask that this topic be deleted if you like, i am satisified.  I saw the TOU which is a special one that i created (some special wording) and kinda freaked out a bit.  I did this in public because some of my customers told me about this plugin and they were worried as well.. so i wanted all to see that we have addressed this issue.   All is resolved.. Good luck...  :)
The Forum post is edited by dave Mar 22 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 3 '18
I think i will try this plugin, because your plugin Dave have issues that are not solved?

see the screen down....

- Steph do this plugin support other languages then english? i mean do all need to solve the recaptcha questions in english or will it change language?

- can i use ONLY recaptcha or do i need use both slider and recaptcha?

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 3 '18
Attachments:
  issue1.png (58Kb)
steph
steph Apr 6 '18
Hello OW-Ghost,
 I did not include the forced language option in the plugin for the moment.
Give me some time, I'll take care of it a little later. I have a lot of work right now on various projects
And yes you can use recaptcha only.
Anyway, you can not use both at the same time. Either you activate recaptcha or you use the slider
Just you need to have your google recaptcha credentials.
dave Leader
dave Apr 6 '18

Quote from OW-Ghost I think i will try this plugin, because your plugin Dave have issues that are not solved?

see the screen down....

- Steph do this plugin support other languages then english? i mean do all need to solve the recaptcha questions in english or will it change language?

- can i use ONLY recaptcha or do i need use both slider and recaptcha?

That issue has nothing to do with my plugin!  Ghost if you would check the documentation for recaptcha you will see that my requests are done properly.  Besides if there was an issue with the plugin more of my users would let me know, but its just you that is complaining... It sounds to me like you have other issues not related to my plugin.  

Actually if you think about it, it probably means more that the recaptcha is doing its job because you are probably blocking lots of spammers so that number would be high in that case.  Also remember this is also why there are 4 types of captcha with my plugin, so you can switch and confuse the spammers.  Recaptcha is not perfect so another captcha may work better for you, try the question captcha, just be sure you have enough types of questions. 

Also see here... possible solution.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/recaptcha/ooUmUN8Nvs4

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 6 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 6 '18

dave i was find this source on internet about the issue:

In case of a problem, for example, when your users pass the reCaptcha test, but your website or app fails to verify them, you will see the following notification above your analytics chart:

""We detected that your site is verifying reCAPTCHA passed solutions less than 50% of the time. This could indicate a problem with your integration with reCAPTCHA. Please see our developer site for more information.""

This happens if you have issues with response verification at later stage e.g. your own website fails to properly process returned response from Google, when reCaptcha response test actually pass. This can happen for various reasons. For example, when you use reCaptcha on your server as a top layer to verify users coming from dirty IPs known for spamming activities. In our case it was caused by small analytics script which was sending response to the server before captcha was fully processed on the server, causing our server to respond with premature 403 Access Forbidden status, and eventually blocking all such users from access, even when they passed the actual captcha test. We solved it by removing the offending js code, replacing it with our simple internal statistics tracking of failed and passed captchas, instead.

Our only regret is that Google (for the time being) does not send this important notification directly into the mail box of account used for reCaptcha registration, as we don’t actually hang out in reCaptcha Admin Dashboard every day. Otherwise, it would have raised the red flag and brought our attention to the problem much earlier.

So the question is now:

How can i solve this? How to analyze the issue much deeper and find the problem?

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 6 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 6 '18
<<<<I did not include the forced language option in the plugin for the moment.
Give me some time, I'll take care of it a little later. I have a lot of work right now on various projects<<<<

steph If you include forced language i will buy it 110% sure and test if i have same issue with your plugin that i have with dave's version. I can sponsor you for add the forced language just let me know how much you want in a PM.

I think the plugin would sell much more with multilanguage support :)

Ow-ghost

dave Leader
dave Apr 6 '18
Since this is not my plugins issue i will let you address it on your end.   

However i will say that i do fully support languages.  For the plugin language itself it requires that users donate language builds to the plugin just like any plugin - noone does that hardly anymore so again not my issue. 

For the recaptcha language part of it, i again do support languages.  The issue is with oxwall vrs recaptcha because as you can see in my recaptchafield class file i notated the reason why sometimes it may not match. 

Here is that comment in the file: 

/* 

* the site and recaptcha dont use same lang code style

* so matching the value to the site selection does not always work

* there may be times that this feature will not change the lang code 

* for the recaptcha because the codes dont match

*/ 

There are so many dif variations of for example en, EN, en-us, en-US, EN-us, E-us, US-e  and so on for other languages that it would be a major undertaking to capture them all and i did not feel i could keep the plugin affordable in doing so.  Especially when the issue effects very few people.  This is proven by the fact that you are the only one that has an issue with this out of tons of other users. 

Now that issue could be resolved if you can let me know what language you are having issue with and i can check to see what code i use and you can check what code the recaptcha uses on your end and we see what the dif is.   Maybe it is a minor issue, but again i do support all major languages meaning most popular and used languages. 

If you want to try to test this, just reply to my support area for the plugin.  There is no need to take up any more of this support area (which is not for my plugin) in discussing my plugin.   

Thanks 

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 6 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 6 '18
dave i looking in your plugin file and find out that my language tag is matching your added language tags so there is no issues in that one.....and the language for recaptcha is switch fine ....hmm
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 6 '18
steph i do now use your slider with your dual captcha plugin and it works fine no need any translations. I will wait for you update the plugin for support multilanguage so i can use recaptcha and see if i get same errors from google with your plugin. i have more then one site so i concider buy more licenses

Thanks

Ow.ghost

steph
steph Apr 8 '18
Hello OW-Ghost
I am happy to see that the plugin works well. You know that if it's just for a test run, you can switch to the recaptcha. You will see immediately if you have an error, even if it is in another language, you will understand immediately.
I will try to put the multilingual support in the week.
Even a geek has its limits .... hahahaa
and if you like .... a nice little appreciation on the plugin page would be cool!
 You will be the first.
The appreciations motivate ...

The Forum post is edited by steph Apr 8 '18
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic