We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook In Trouble - Good News For All Admins | Forum

dave Leader
dave Mar 20 '18
Karma seems to be catching up with Facebook with one problem after another.  Seems the data thief is finally getting bitten back from the product he created by stealing data in the first place, isn't Karma great!!

Now there is a national movement calling for everyone to delete their FB account.  I didnt think i would see this in my lifetime but im so glad to see that the saying "live by the sword and die by the sword" actually applies to FB as well. 

So hold on to your social sites folks, if FB falls it will be great news for everyone and the ball will be back in our court once again. 

Here is just one story, there are many..
http://money.cnn.com/...ntroversy/index.html

The Forum post is edited by dave Mar 21 '18
dave Leader
dave Mar 21 '18
Face Broke (lol) stocks down 30 million as advertisers leave due to data scandal and privacy violations.  And the walls come tumbling down!   
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 21 '18

A little bit more funny reading about Facebook.

EU will make new LAW that will stop companys like facebook make easy money on advertsing that you have no option to close the advertising i read. They will make it possible for people live in EU close the advertising.

This will make the Facebook loosing more millions no doubt about it and they who runs website with advertising to i guess. both good news and bad news maybe

And the funny is in 2 or 3 years i try get my "dating" advertsing camapigns approved with no success because Facebook only allowed bigger dating sites adverting at facebook . The last year they was remove that strange block and let me and many other smaller dating site advertising on facebook. Maybe because they know the new LAW will soon take action in EU so they want now milk out so much money they can on advertising before that happens.

I know one day it will hit them back what they did to me and many other smaller business that was try success and now it happens :))))

(i already removed facebook connect on my website and i very happy for that because i told many here one day this facebook connect maybe will stop working forever and you will loosing maybe 10 000 members or more depend how big you site are.You are totally in Facebook hands)

Update: I was reading this new EU laws will hit other bigger companys like google and amazon to and they advertising process for collecting private data and target people.

Probably it will make they who try advertsing they business pay bigger money now for advertising because this big companys want to keep up earn same money as they did before this new strict EU laws. 

the glory days for easy advertsing you business and get many customers, will probably soon bee over in both good and bad maybe...we probbaly will see MORE expensve advertsing from this companys then it is already

Ow.ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Mar 21 '18
JB TECH
JB TECH Mar 21 '18
"(i already removed facebook connect on my website and i very happy for that because i told many here one day this facebook connect maybe will stop working forever and you will loosing maybe 10 000 members or more depend how big you site are.You are totally in Facebook hands)"

While I agree with the sentiments against facebook, FB connect simply uses the user's associated email and name with the Facebook account to sign into your website. After that they can login normally without facebook, just type in the email/username and password.

Source: my Oxwall account was made with FB and I use my username/pwd to login everytime.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 21 '18

The problem is that data is already stolen (under investigation what data that is stolen) ...and probably not safe to use and i would never use such data for a account that i pay for plugins and other importen things ..i think facebook data easy to steel and to get a fake facebook account with a fake email because when i activate facebook connect i have many members that join with fake emails. and my site is not verify emails because they trust facebook did that already when they did sign up for a facebook account

Sure oxwall website could have they data stolen to and my site to, but i think hackers are targeting big sites only for steel alot of information username,password and more...and yes you could change you password but MANY are to lazy to change passwords. if you would tell you members change passwords how many would do it? i should say maybe 30% the other would bee scare and move on to another site!

I always use different passwords for every site i sign up to and different usernames (no real name is not good to use to much on wild webb)

I still thinks that rely on facebook username and password for long time business is not good BUT i not say im right about it i just say what i thinking

And facebook connect is a GREAT tool no doubt about it. when i use it i get 30% more members join my site so i still thinking if i should activate it again (but something says to me no not do it, specially not at this moment)

Source: INTERNET, NEWS, facebook connect and My oxwall (skadate website)

dave Leader
dave Mar 21 '18
I just watched them talk about FB on the news. Pretty much FB has to allow certain data to apps because that is what FB is at its core.  If they dont share data then there is no FB.  And even if they lock down the data in some fashion, there will still be data sharing without permission and FB will still be exploited by others for info.   That is just the downside of having such a comprehensive far reaching social data sharing product, that part cannot be avoided. 

This is exactly what i have been saying all along, people share too much information about their personal lives on FB and their associated apps.   For example why would anyone share pics of the inside of their house or how many kids they have or where they go to school or the car they drive, it just opens the door for crime and violence.  

When i share anything online i make sure there is no identifiable info in the pics because if there is "someone" will use it for their own purpose.   But yet is see people all the time sharing every little detail about their lives and yet they are surprised when crime or violence comes knocking at the door, or the data is used by someone else to market or exploit them.  Its just stupid folks.. dont be that person... 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 21 '18
One more thing i forget to tell about "facebook connect" that is not safe.

The plugin is telling in the "news feed" what users that sign up with they facebook account.

LOL ...when i was see that first time it took me only 10 minutes before i changed that language key to another "text" for hide that people was sign up with they facebook account. (you can disable in newsfeed that people that joins not show in newsfeed to if you want go that way)

It is so easy google they facebook username and find they on facebook when the facebook connect plugin is telling this is my facebook username. haha i sorry but this i feel is very stupid in my opinion and did not understand what the developer was thinking about in that moment. That information should only showed up for the admin or maybe not the admin should now it to. But it is great to see how much people use facebook connect for join the site that why i have it enable on newsfeed but with another text field :)

And if people see there is many that use facebook and have they username visible on my site, they would try maybe contact them on facebook and leave my site...so it is double stupid i feel have such text visible for everyone but it is easy to avoid just change text or disable in newsfeed plugin

i hope i was stick to the subject if not sorry about that, at least i was talk about facebook still :)

Ow-ghost

Marisa
Marisa Mar 27 '18
good to know Schmuckerberg is getting what he deserves LOL 

and talking about Fakebook and Fakebook plugin: is it just me, or something went screwy? FB plugin  no longer pulls pictures from profiles, all Fakebook registrations are pictureless on my site starting with today's midnight. 
Is it related to their problems?????

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 28 '18
Yes i was notice this to that profiles have no pictures?
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 28 '18
I guess this is one of the action facebook have taken recently, to not share avatars with third part developers.....
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 28 '18
the problem is if they did then this plugin need make so "avatar" is required add before can join the site...because now they join with no avatars and i not want run a website where you need remind people upload avatars. on my site it should bee required upload a avatar for get a account and use my site!
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Mar 28 '18
JB TECH
JB TECH Mar 28 '18

Quote from Marisa good to know Schmuckerberg is getting what he deserves LOL 

and talking about Fakebook and Fakebook plugin: is it just me, or something went screwy? FB plugin  no longer pulls pictures from profiles, all Fakebook registrations are pictureless on my site starting with today's midnight. 

Facebook's OpenGraph API has been updated many times since the last update of the Facebook Connect plugin (which was quite a long time ago).

-Jake
dave Leader
dave Mar 28 '18
Lets all remember that this is just not FB, all the tier 1 social media companies are being hurt by this.   We all knew this day would come when the public would get tired of the rampant data mining with no boundaries and fight back to keep their privacy.

In the end it is our own fault for getting so lost in the convenience that we put our personal information low on the list of trade offs. 

But its not over yet folks, there is lots more that is going to happen going foward to get these companies under control.   

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 29 '18
Yes i can see that. my question is why nobody update it? because it is a very importen plugin for this platform
Quote from Jake
Quote from Marisa good to know Schmuckerberg is getting what he deserves LOL 

Facebook's OpenGraph API has been updated many times since the last update of the Facebook Connect plugin (which was quite a long time ago).

-Jake

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Mar 29 '18
dave Leader
dave Mar 29 '18
Because its not a perfect world folks, you cant do anything more than ask. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 29 '18
lol....there is many option then just ask and ask and ask....

Life is to short for that 

in this branch you need develop all the time you can not stand still and wait for people help you.

probably 5% agree on things :) lol i will leave this topic before it gets to long discussion ....

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Mar 29 '18
dave Leader
dave Mar 29 '18
Well you have already derailed the original topic so no big deal now lol :)     I suggest if asking is not doing anything that you learn to do plugins and code what you want.  
Arpit Gangani
Arpit Gangani Jan 13 '23
Indian ethnic apparel at the click of a button? Sounds too good to be true, right? Well lucky for you, Laxmi Style has made it possible!

Our Website Link:

https://laxmistyle.com/

Our Shopping Box

https://laxmistyle.com/shop-2/

Our Collections Box

Anarkali Collection

https://laxmistyle.com/product-category/anarkali/

Dress Materials Collection

https://laxmistyle.com/product-category/dress-materials/

Dupatta Collection

https://laxmistyle.com/product-category/dupatta/

Kaftan Collection