We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I will be retiring at the end of April 2018 | Forum

dave Leader
dave Apr 3 '18
Hi everyone,  

The time has come for me to officially retire. I will be doing so at the end of April 2018.   It has been a good run and i have enjoyed knowing all of you over the years, it is just time that i focus on other things in my life.  

I still have the ostore update to complete and i have two more updates to get out this month on other plugins and then that should do it. 

What does this mean for my plugins?    Well i have already removed my free plugins as well as a few paid plugins that were not selling.  With the exception of one other plugin (pages plus) that i plan to also remove, the rest will stay in the store and active. 

However, i will not be doing any further updates to them going forward unless it is a official bug.  I feel the plugins that remain in the store are in great shape and i am happy with their current condition.  So there will not be any more updates to them for additional features or needs.  The plugins that will remain will be in proper working order as they are now so people can still purchase them.   

I will be getting rid of my test server as well as everything else associated with it at the end of this month so i will not have any way to test changes anyway.   I will provide an email address in the event i am not logging into oxwall that often for needed support. 

If and when i feel the time is right and i can no longer deal with having the store at all, i will do my best to be sure that your purchased plugin continues to be active even if i have to hand it over to another developer.   

Even though i am retiring please remember that what belongs to me has not changed, i am still owner of the plugins and that will not change until such time as i acknowledge otherwise.  So my retirement does not change any license obligation on the users part.  

I would like to thank all my customers of the past and welcome new customers to enjoy the plugins as well.   And i thank everyone for their confidence and kinds words over the years.   It is time for the next generation of developers to take the ball and run with it.   

Thank you all again, 

Dave :)

Lee
Lee Apr 3 '18
Well that's just sad ...
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Apr 3 '18
Quote from dave Hi everyone,  

The time has come for me to officially retire. I will be doing so at the end of April 2018.   It has been a good run and i have enjoyed knowing all of you over the years, it is just time that i focus on other things in my life.  

I still have the ostore update to complete and i have two more updates to get out this month on other plugins and then that should do it. 

What does this mean for my plugins?    Well i have already removed my free plugins as well as a few paid plugins that were not selling.  With the exception of one other plugin (pages plus) that i plan to also remove, the rest will stay in the store and active. 

However, i will not be doing any further updates to them going forward unless it is a official bug.  I feel the plugins that remain in the store are in great shape and i am happy with their current condition.  So there will not be any more updates to them for additional features or needs.  The plugins that will remain will be in proper working order as they are now so people can still purchase them.   

I will be getting rid of my test server as well as everything else associated with it at the end of this month so i will not have any way to test changes anyway.   I will provide an email address in the event i am not logging into oxwall that often for needed support. 

If and when i feel the time is right and i can no longer deal with having the store at all, i will do my best to be sure that your purchased plugin continues to be active even if i have to hand it over to another developer.   

Even though i am retiring please remember that what belongs to me has not changed, i am still owner of the plugins and that will not change until such time as i acknowledge otherwise.  So my retirement does not change any license obligation on the users part.  

I would like to thank all my customers of the past and welcome new customers to enjoy the plugins as well.   And i thank everyone for their confidence and kinds words over the years.   It is time for the next generation of developers to take the ball and run with it.   

Thank you all again, 

Dave :)

I'm sorry you made this decision, you're a great and good person. I hope you remain as a user and if you have a facebook profile leave me your contact that I add you :) a kiss. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 3 '18
You get NO kiss from me :)....but i wish you all the best in the future!

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 3 '18
dave Leader
dave Apr 3 '18
I dont have FB i deleted that a long time ago.  But ill make sure you have my email address so you can contact me if you need to.  

Thank you both :)

dave Leader
dave Apr 3 '18
Thats awesome Chris, glad to hear it... now we both can be one of "those guys"  Starting May 1st my only stress will come from not catching any fish :)

via GIPHY

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Apr 3 '18
Good for you buddy.  Hope you can enjoy your retirement. Just stay away from those fences. lol
dave Leader
dave Apr 3 '18
LOL Darryl... your so bad lol....  

for those that dont know, a month or so ago i fell over my little 2ft fence around my lot.  I damaged my l legs pretty bad, took all the skin off of one and the knee on the other.  It got infected and since i am a diabetic i almost lost my leg.  But i was able to get it to heal after anti biotics and some shots.  

Yes darryl i cut a hole in the fence at that location so i can walk thru now lol...  

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 3 '18
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Apr 3 '18
:( Thanks Dave, it was nice having you around.....Will wait for the last updates !!
dave Leader
dave Apr 29 '18
All plugins have been updated if they needed it.  No more features will be added to any plugins going forward (well i might do something with ostore mobile if i get a bunch of sales at some time and if i am up to it, with so many files its a bit of a booger).  

Plugins will only be updated going forward if there is a bug. So let me know if there is a bug.  

Remember i will be gone (no contact) from May 4th 2018 for 7-10 days so please dont expect any replies during that time.  

It has been very nice knowing all of you and i have enjoyed my time at Oxwall as well.  I wish all of you the very best life can offer. I also hope that oxwall team will come back at some point.  

I wont get too sappy here, ill just leave this and say see ya later all... Im retired !!!!

There would be alot less out of shape fat people in the world if society still dances like this. :)

:)