We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugins taken away for free | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Purusothaman Ramanujam
One of the member here at Oxwall has many of plugins ( not just mine) in his site.

The issue is that they are not purchased.

It seems that there is a network of people who trade plugin with each other.

Please do report such users who act against oxwall TOS and make the developers work/time go waste.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
There are couple of other users too.
Edy
Edy Oct 13 '12
i don't think  they have  the plugins for real.. they just looking to get whomever stupid enough to  give away their paid  plugins lol
Abbey
Abbey Oct 13 '12
How come the second one goes to my name, I'm insulted, I paid for any plugins I have on my site, no one gave me anything.
Pete
Pete Oct 13 '12

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam
One of the member here at Oxwall has many of plugins ( not just mine) in his site.

Please do report such users who act against oxwall TOS and make the developers work/time go waste.

Maybe these people do not have paypal for many reasons .Untill people come up with othere ways to pay,google checkout ,etc,etc this is going to happen .There is not a great deal that you can do about it . I agree it does not give them the right to steal your work,but the point is that is the only way if people cant pay for them .Even if you reported these people there is not alot oxwall could do about it .If you ban these people ,thy will just use a proxy to log into the forum.
The Forum post is edited by Pete Oct 13 '12
Abbey
Abbey Oct 13 '12

Quote from OW Visuals
Quote from Abbey Jayne How come the second one goes to my name, I'm insulted, I paid for any plugins I have on my site, no one gave me anything.

Abbey Jayne, calm down, the potic there not about you :D

There is written

I had a person register on my website, and PM me asking to trade paid plugins. (asking me for a copy of the ones i have paid for, and in exchange offering paid membership and other plugins back). 

ajithj is his username, i wont publish his email, but i suspect a scam, and if not still rather a bad idea as you cant be sure that what you are getting is a REAL plugin and not a hacked plugin that could steal your user emails, or add them as a admin ect

sorry, it looked like it was pointed at me, the way the post was laid out was not really explanatory about what he was referring to.
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Pete

Maybe these people do not have paypal for many reasons .Untill people come up with othere ways to pay,google checkout ,etc,etc this is going to happen .There is not a great deal that you can do about it . I agree it does not give them the right to steal your work,but the point is that is the only way if people cant pay for them .Even if you reported these people there is not alot oxwall could do about it .If you ban these people ,thy will just use a proxy to log into the forum.

Pete,

It does not mean that if there is no payment alternatives, they can trade my plugins free.

In some cases, when some contact me regarding payment, I have given some plugins free too.
Wolf
Wolf Oct 14 '12
I have personally been approached about trading/selling my plugins. I was not sure of the policies on this, but I am now glad I did not do this as I have no desire to violate the TOS.
Tha being said, as an open source/free software enthusiast, I do feel that if I want to sell or trade plugins I buy, I should be allowed to do so AS LONG AS I ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING STANDARDS:
!. I cease to use it UNLESS I buy a new copy
2. I do not take credit for it's creation
IU could go into why I feel proprietary software is unethical, but I wont go any further than to say that I believe that IF I legally buy something, it is mine! That means I can do with it as I please EXCEPT claim credit for someone elses work!
But never fear, as I said, I wont violate the TOS, even the sections I disagree on. We unfortunately live in a proprietary world, & until that changes, we must obey the law.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
It you buy something legally, its yours - Agreed, if its license states that you can do whatever you wish or even sell it.

If it's not the case, its not legal.
VideoWhisper.com
VideoWhisper.com Oct 14 '12
Vendors that provide licenses for 1 site only can always include some domain based protection code for each client (that displays a warning when used on a different domain).

This can be removed with some programming skills but at least clients are aware of licensing terms.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Generally, users who buy my plugins can use for their own purpose in any of their domains.. but not sell or share to others..
Alia Team
Alia Oct 15 '12
Thanks for reporting this. If in future you face any issues with violation of  Oxwall Store Terms of Use    you can a report them to store@oxwall.org or  info@oxwall.org . Include as many details as possible so that we can check the issue and take an appropriate action.
Pete
Pete Oct 15 '12

Generally, users who buy my plugins can use for their own purpose in any of their domains.. but not sell or share to others..

This could be the answer that you or looking for, how do you protect your investment and prevent unauthorised copying or code theft? Worth looking at this software

http://www.maiancube.com/

Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from the hero may i know users can share their license to another friends or only support one domain

I am not sure about other developers. But for mine, you are free to use the plugins for your own purpose in your own domains. But not sell or share or exchange.
Quote from Pete This could be the answer that you or looking for, how do you protect your investment and prevent unauthorised copying or code theft? Worth looking at this software http://www.maiancube.com/
I know I can not do anyting about that. I am not sure how that maincube works.

Pete
Pete Oct 15 '12

Quote from the hero
http://www.maiancube.com/  wht is the use of this soft

please go to the website and look at demo and then you will understand
Purusothaman Ramanujam
It costs 500 GBP for developer licencse.
Pete
Pete Oct 15 '12

When you purchase a mod ,you can sell it on or give it away to anybody

if you use maiancube  you could put in your mod some code say only to be used on domain one and if its run on domain 2 then it wont work, now if i lefy this code php like this people can change the code ,now if you use maniancube you can encript the php code so no body can change it ,unless of cource you knew how to decode the mod. So now person can only run mod on just one domain and not sell or give copys to friends

The Forum post is edited by Pete Oct 15 '12
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from the hero the use of unlicensed plugins face any problem on sites

Not really. But I am palnning for notificatino for my future plugins.

If anyone have any unlicensed plugins, you can still buy the license from the developer at store.
Pete
Pete Oct 15 '12

I thought that  maiancube was ok ,but very expensive ,i did not think it was so expensive .Try doing a search for free software to encript your php code ,i am sure you will come up with something good

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I am trying wiht that.. Hope to get something good soon.
Pages: 1 2 3 »