We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Where's OWengine? | Forum

JB TECH
JB TECH Aug 5 '18
It seems like after Oxwall did indeed stay online and get some small glimmers of hope, the hype and liveliness of owengine seems to have died off fast. Has anyone heard anything about them updating? They stated their free store plugin was coming July 30th, but there's just been nothing there.
dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '18
Im not sure either but i suspect the same jake.  It appears that since they have not met their donation goals they may have taken a break until goals are met, just a guess. 
The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 6 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 7 '18
Not possible donate for many months at Owengine....they told me only SOME customers can do? but i was never get any answer who THIS customers was and when other members was possible to donate?

Oxwallplus is still develop and the developer is active on the forum maybe you guys should help they who are active instead of they who is dead and hide they identity as much they can do

anyways the choice is always on your side .... have a nice day :))))))

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 7 '18
dave Leader
dave Aug 7 '18
The problem with oxwallplus is that the main developer is away sometimes a month at a time.  There is a sub developer and possibly some others using Github but its not like a major storm of development, more like a hobby i think. 

What i mean is that there is no team associated that i know of, they just develope when they have time.   And the main developer has their own plugins to support and im sure that comes first before anything else. 

So bottom line is that the only things different from a year ago is the following: 

1. oxwall.com domain did not expire

2. owengine has been forked but no real developement

3. oxwallplus has been forked but no real development

4. oxwall.com forum has moderation now

everything else is still the same folks, its up to you to interpret those changes good or bad. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 7 '18
JB TECH
JB TECH Aug 7 '18

I mean, I'm hoping the small changes in Oxwall.org's side is a good sign of things to come. I'm just interested in the aspect of different types of Oxwall, like OWengine, and their idea of a store and such.

As a plugin developer, more stores to reach with your items is a good thing. But also because I am interested in the sudden arrival and then silence of it.

dave Leader
dave Aug 7 '18
+1 jake

+1 ghost

I think the absense of the store at owengine is a key sign that it has cooled off.

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 7 '18
JB TECH
JB TECH Aug 7 '18
Also with regards to not meeting donation limits, while it makes sense, they did post on their "Store Plugin Project" that the free version will be released July 30th, 2018. I was interested in seeing if it would apply to being their own plugin store rather than just a plugin but who knows?
dave Leader
dave Aug 7 '18
Jake i assume they said that in all the initial excitement and also expecting to meet their donation goals since the forum was jumping at the time they said that.   Sadly i feel that mindset has changed.  The store may still come online soon, i hope so, but i would not hold my breath. 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 7 '18
Flash in the pan. Some ran to it like moths to a flame, and now they come here wondering why some things aren't working correctly. One thing being that it isn't linked to the Oxwall store, so auto updates don't work. Good luck to those that switched over, but this is the Oxwall forum, not OWEngine.
JB TECH
JB TECH Aug 7 '18
True, but this is also the General Chat forum, and the majority of those who used it are still active here. I was just genuinely curious as to what happened. I'm not one of those who switched, but rather one waiting to see what it was really going to be besides PHP 7 support.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 7 '18

Understand that. I was just referencing those coming back here wanting to fix the issues the change caused with plugins. What everyone needs to understand is that the plugins, and even themes here are designed to work with Oxwall; not OWEngine. Devs aren't going to make there products incompatible with oxwall just to work with another platform; unless that platform has it's own store to offer those items in.

There was once posts on here about how to go about getting Oxwall to work with PHP 7.0. I'm wondering if they may have used that as a starting point, and couldn't figure out the rest.

I check their forums, and have even looked at their Github project. There are no contributors listed, and no activity in the past couple of months.

Hopefully Oxwall is addressing all of these. They do appear to be working on better mobile functionality, but at least there is activity.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 8 '18
I think oxwall if there will bee any new version will have fully PWA support. 

Why i say so you might thinking?

Because skadate software recently 1 or 3 days ago upgrade they software to PWA support.

Have a look at skadate website and you will see maybe what is coming to oxwall very soon...

JB TECH
JB TECH Aug 8 '18
A lot of the core of Skadate has differences from Oxwall for the sake of their mobile apps and exclusive plugins. I think they're trying to separate updates and changes in Skadate from Oxwall.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 10 '18
<<<<

Aug 8A lot of the core of Skadate has differences from Oxwall <<<<
Where you find that difference? I use same core that oxwall use ? 

BUT i use different plugins that is correct ...

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 10 '18
JB TECH
JB TECH Aug 10 '18

I've been in Skadate core files due to working with clients who have Skadate,

There are quite literally core functions and class objects prefaced with SKADATE_XX_XX and Skadate only plugins make references to these objects. Like most forks would be, Skadate quite literally modifies the core of Oxwall to allow for unique functionality and usage with their own products.

OWengine is only like Oxwall with updates that the actual software hasn't added.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 10 '18
maybe you right but the team are same and i think this team are thinking the same when it comes to how to make oxwall have better mobile solution in future
cartlon flores
cartlon flores Sep 28 '21
I think oxwall if there will bee any new version will have fully PWA support. vidmate app save insta