We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Had to move hosts now I get errors :( | Forum

Alan
Alan Nov 5 '18
So I've had to move hosts but now I get errors :( Could somebody please take a look for me and explain what needs doing to fix the error please? I prefer to host myself but it's not even loading it up for me so I have no choice but to use other hosts :(

https://anarchyhangout.000webhostapp.com/

AppXprt
AppXprt Nov 5 '18
Looks like a smarty template error:

Syntax error in template "file:/storage/ssd5/438/7682438/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/views/components/sign_in.html" on line 3 "{form name='sign-in'}" unknown tag "form"

I think you have some missing or corrupt files...

What do you have for lines 101 and 108 in the following file:

/storage/ssd5/438/7682438/public_html/ow_utilities/url.php

Alan
Alan Nov 6 '18
Probably corrupt then :/ Looks like I'll have to redownload from the host lol thank you :)
AppXprt
AppXprt Nov 7 '18
Do you have access to SSH?
Alan
Alan Nov 8 '18
I have no idea lol, I really wanted to host it locally like I do with everything else except I can't even get Oxwall to load up :/

The Forum post is edited by Alan Nov 8 '18
Alan
Alan Nov 14 '18
So I gave up doing it with just php 7 and mysql whatever version it was and thought I'd check out ampps which is great except I'm not sure about the FTP part :/ It tells me invalid ftp attributes >.< Note I am still using it localhost so I'm hosting it on my PC just not sure about the FTP stuff lol
AppXprt
AppXprt Nov 18 '18
When you setup Oxwall on a local server without being tied to a domain, you need to still set your httpd conf for the domain..

Then on the client you want to access the install on (can be the same machine) you'll need to edit it's host file to associate that domain with the localhost AKA Loopback (127.0.0.1).

So on Linux (All I use) and Apple, the file is /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1 your-domain-name-goes-here.com

Linux users, I leave to you on how to edit this file as you're more than capable!

Apple Users may need some help:

Edit Hosts File on MAC

On Windows the file is at:

C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

You'll need to edit that file with an Elevated Notepad process (Right click Notepad icon -> Run as Administrator)..

Hosts files take precedence over DNS so this is an effective way to attach the domain to your localhost for test / dev setups...

You'll also want to make sure the appropriate Apache modules are enabled like mb-string and rewrite..

I have a working Oxwall installs on PHP 7, even with mysqli disabled...

There are minimal changes needed to get it working actually...

I also have been successful with deploying local installs like you're doing, so it is possible and these are the keys you're missing...

Oxwall needs a domain to rewrite when client makes request ;-)

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Nov 18 '18
lawofe
lawofe Dec 23 '23
Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your web-site is very cool. I’m impressed by the details that you¡¦ve on this web site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found simply the information I already searched all over the place and simply couldn’t come across. What a perfect web-site. rentacarkosova Should Teens
mobix46952
mobix46952 Dec 23 '23
In the fast-paced world of automobiles, reliability is paramount, and the key to ensuring a smooth journey lies in understanding the intricacies of car defects. Welcome to Car-Defects.com, your one-stop destination for a meticulous exploration of car service calls statistics. Our mission is to empower you with the knowledge to make informed decisions regarding your vehicle, shedding light on the reliability of different car models based on their age and mileage.
lawofe
lawofe Dec 24 '23
cool thanks for reis posting! btw are there feeds to your blog? I’d love to add them to my reader LGBTEntertainment and Social Guide App
lawofe
lawofe Jan 2
Thanks for the information provided! I was researching for this article for a long time, but I was not able to see a dependable source. مباريات اليوم
lawofe
lawofe Jan 5
I see that you are using WordPress on your blog, wordpress is the best.*:~-” Race Theory Being
lawofe
lawofe Jan 6
I just put the link of your blog on my Facebook Wall. very nice blog indeed.,’-”, buffalo trace bourbons
lawofe
lawofe Jan 7
I’ve been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i am glad to show that I have an incredibly good uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I such a lot indubitably will make certain to do not disregard this website and give it a look on a constant. moving to portugal
lawofe
lawofe Jan 8
Simply a smiling visitor here to share the love (:, btw great pattern . PCB board manufacturer
lawofe
lawofe Jan 10
Some truly howling work on behalf of the owner of this website , dead great subject matter. http://sdgicable.com/products-detail/Optical-Fiber-Composite-Ground-Wire-OPGW.html
lawofe
lawofe Jan 15
Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers? I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on. Any recommendations? Alpha Tonic Reviews
lawofe
lawofe Jan 15
I recently realized your website the other day and that i happen to be following it’s routinely. You’ve got great deal of tips proper here so i delight in your lifestyle of online site likewise. Preserve acknowledge that there are succeed! slot300 login
lawofe
lawofe Jan 16
A powerful share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing slightly evaluation on this. And he actually purchased me breakfast as a result of I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I feel strongly about it and love studying more on this topic. If attainable, as you become experience, would you mind updating your blog with extra particulars? It is extremely useful for me. Massive thumb up for this weblog put up! UK FAKE ID
lawofe
lawofe Jan 17
With the whole thing that appears to be developing throughout this subject matter, your perspectives are very refreshing. However, I appologize, but I can not give credence to your whole plan, all be it exhilarating none the less. It would seem to everyone that your comments are actually not totally justified and in actuality you are generally yourself not even fully convinced of your point. In any event I did take pleasure in reading it. acoustic wood slat panels
Pages: 1 2 3 »