We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

ow_libraries/browser/browser.php on line 226 WHY? | Forum

Blaire
Blaire Dec 24 '18
I accessed my site this evening and see a 500 blank white page error. Again.
I had made no changes at all today. No changes for a couple of weeks. I am confused.
Even when turning debug on it does not provide me details. Just blank white, generic 500 page.
Checked PHP version. Still 5.6. That was okay before.

I don't understand why this error would randomly come?

I pulled error_log and see many, many, many lines repeating the error over and over:

[24-Dec-2018 01:35:43 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot access  property CSBrowser::$_agent in /home/sitename/public_html/ow_libraries/browser/browser.php on line 226

Pulled ow_libraries/browser/browser.php

I do not see anything strange?

Does anyone know what might have happened and how I can fix it, please?

This seems to recur when I do nothing at all. I'm not sure what is repeatedly happening or why so I can prevent it from happening in the future. It's very frustrating and disheartening. I'm not sure what's wrong.

Blaire
Blaire Dec 24 '18
Pulling from ow_log

error.log:

[Mon Dec 24 5:17:27 2018] [ow_core_log] [Notice] Message: Undefined index: nocontent File: /home/sitename/public_html/ow_smarty/template_c/6851c40df03042c6a3a3b9f16046a44da28d3567_0.file.item_user_widget.html.php Line:62

[Mon Dec 24 5:17:27 2018] [ow_core_log] [Notice] Message: Trying to get property of non-object File: /home/sitename/public_html/ow_smarty/template_c/6851c40df03042c6a3a3b9f16046a44da28d3567_0.file.item_user_widget.html.php Line:62

cron_error.log:

[Mon Dec 24 2:34:01 2018] [ow_core_log] [Notice] Message: Undefined variable: userId File: /home/sitename/public_html/ow_plugins/deleteaccount/bol/service.php Line:69

[Mon Dec 24 2:34:01 2018] [ow_core_log] [Exception] Message: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 File: /home/sitename/public_html/ow_core/database.php Line:723 Trace: [#0 /home/sitename/public_html/ow_core/database.php(723): PDOStatement->execute() | #1 /home/sitename/public_html/ow_core/database.php(451): OW_Database->execute('DELETE FROM ow_...', NULL) | #2 /home/sitename/public_html/ow_core/database.php(464): OW_Database->query('DELETE FROM ow_...', NULL) | #3 /home/sitename/public_html/ow_core/base_dao.php(189): OW_Database->delete('DELETE FROM ow_...') | #4 /home/sitename/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/flag_dao.php(160): OW_BaseDao->deleteByExample(Object(OW_Example)) | #5 /home/sitename/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/flag_service.php(168): BOL_FlagDao->deleteEntityFlags('user_join', NULL) | #6 /home/sitename/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/event_handler.php(281): BOL_FlagService->deleteEntityFlags('user_join', NULL) | #7 [internal function]: BASE_CLASS_EventHandler->deleteEntityFlags(Object(OW_Event)) | #8 /home/sitename/public_html/ow_core/event_manager.php(228): call_user_func(Array, Object(OW_Event)) | #9 /home/sitename/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/content_provider.php(418): OW_EventManager->trigger(Object(OW_Event)) | #10 [internal function]: BASE_CLASS_ContentProvider->onUserDeleted(Object(OW_Event)) | #11 /home/sitename/public_html/ow_core/event_manager.php(228): call_user_func(Array, Object(OW_Event)) | #12 /home/sitename/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php(781): OW_EventManager->trigger(Object(OW_Event)) | #13 /home/sitename/public_html/ow_plugins/deleteaccount/bol/service.php(69): BOL_UserService->deleteUser(NULL, true) | #14 /home/sitename/public_html/ow_plugins/deleteaccount/cron.php(21): DELETEACCOUNT_BOL_Service->deleteAccounts() | #15 /home/sitename/public_html/ow_cron/run.php(128): DELETEACCOUNT_Cron->run() | #16 {main}]

Based on cron_error.log then I went into phpMyAdmin and set plugin "deleteaccount" "isActive" from 1 to 0.

No resolution yet.

The Forum post is edited by Blaire Dec 24 '18
Blaire
Blaire Dec 24 '18
Went to ow_includes and pulled config.php

Set OW_DEV_MODE from false to true (waited 5 minutes) then back to false.

No resolution.
Blaire
Blaire Dec 24 '18
Pulled server error_log

Exact same error still occurring:

[24-Dec-2018 02:03:40 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot access  property CSBrowser::$_agent in /home/sitename/public_html/ow_libraries/browser/browser.php on line 226
Blaire
Blaire Dec 24 '18
looking through errors

ow_log > error.log > error listed above

Pulled the file listed in the error

See it's related to plugin iClassifieds

went into phpMyAdmin and set "isActive" to 0 for iclassifieds plugin

No resolution
Blaire
Blaire Dec 24 '18
Still no resolve.

Still same error.

[24-Dec-2018 12:29:31 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot access  property CSBrowser::$_agent in /home/sitename/public_html/ow_libraries/browser/browser.php on line 226

Blaire
Blaire Dec 24 '18
Restored back-up from yesterday (directly prior to error) of ow_libraries/browser/browser.php

dev_mode true for a few moments

Seems to have resolved for now. We'll see.
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Dec 24 '18
Hi Blaire!

This error (PHP Fatal error:  Cannot access  property CSBrowser::$_agent) happens when a bot is trying to access to your website with no browser agent, so the code returns an error 500 to the bot. 
Real users get into your website with web browsers and Apps, real users do not get this error, if your website is slow this may be the reason (lots of requests from bots).
Senior Developer.

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Dec 24 '18
For this error:

"[Mon Dec 24 2:34:01 2018] [ow_core_log] [Notice] Message: Undefined variable: userId File: /home/sitename/public_html/ow_plugins/deleteaccount/bol/service.php Line:69"

It seems that plugin (deleteaccount) was trying to delete an account that is already deleted or the table had a userId=0 in it. You may want to take a look at the table from the plugin deleteaccount and see if there is a row in which userId=0, if so you have to delete this row.

Senior Developer