We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Compatibility % based on...what? - User Compatibility Meter | Forum

Blaire
Blaire Jan 7 '19
What's the % based from? What part of the profiles matter to deciding? What is the algorithm? Where is the number coming from? What is determining "compatibility"?
Sumate
Sumate Jan 7 '19

Quote from Blaire What's the % based from? What part of the profiles matter to deciding? What is the algorithm? Where is the number coming from? What is determining "compatibility"?
Currently the algorithm is not very complex or advanced, we only use the id, user name and a bit of random, I'm working on it based on the profile questions, although this is something more complicated, I'm trying to understand this system I like that my complementos work well. I am still studying the language and the platform. You can buy it and give your users a new objective by which to buy a membership or wait some day if I get it to work with the profile questions.Have a good day
JB TECH
JB TECH Jan 7 '19
I understand the implications, but I don't think it would look too well on an active dating site for example, because a plethora of users would be able to pick up that this number is produced randomly.
Sumate
Sumate Jan 7 '19
It is not random, it is based on user names, if you enter a profile and then go back to that same profile, the result is the same, it only changes if you are in another profile.
Sumate
Sumate Jan 7 '19
I have a social network in Cuba, with more than 8000 users, although I think of something simple, this add-on is very useful, it becomes something addictive. I always like to try before launching it in the store. I do not develop very complex plugins, just a student, but I like to make what little I do interesting.

In the same way I appreciate your opinion, it is always good to listen to people. Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Sumate Jan 7 '19
gami
gami Jan 7 '19
do you have a test page?
Sumate
Sumate Jan 7 '19

Quote from gami do you have a test page?
I am very sorry, I live in Cuba and it is difficult for me to have a hosting. But you can tell me any concerns you have. You can look at the images that are shown in the add-on. The percentage is animated, for obvious reasons it is not seen in the photo :)
Thanks for asking
JB TECH
JB TECH Jan 7 '19

Quote from Sumate
Quote from Blaire What's the % based from? What part of the profiles matter to deciding? What is the algorithm? Where is the number coming from? What is determining "compatibility"?
Currently the algorithm is not very complex or advanced, we only use the id, user name and a bit of random,

I'm just saying you also said it was a bit random. I completely respect all skill levels of programming trying to make something, but I feel like it'd be pretty important to put in the description of the plugin that this isn't really based on any compatible factors and just the assigning the view (the percentage) as a "bit of a random" number that stays that number depending on which user is looking.

I recommend looking through some documentation in regards to working with the native questions object, that's part of the base_plugins. Much like how the skadate compatibility adds an identifier to set certain questions as compatibility variables, and then you use whatever questions data to calculate the result.

Sumate
Sumate Jan 7 '19
Thank you very much, I added in the description on which base the plugin is based. I know that many people want it to be based on the profile questions, but it is something complicated for a developer like me who is still learning the php language and the oxwall platform. doing tests but I have not got anything yet. If I ever achieved it...
Sumate
Sumate Jan 7 '19
It is a good complement at a good price, people are going to have a lot of fun watching their compatibility, in my social network for example couples upload their compatibility captures and comment on...
You do not have permission to reply this topic