We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Face recognition plugin like facebook | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 15 '19
Hi Guys,

Can some developer make Face recognition plugin of which will detect or rather suggest if it's a certain member on the photo(s)?

JB TECH
JB TECH Jan 15 '19

That's a pretty tall order. Not impossible, but this is at most a contracted job. Requires some deep learning algorithms and machine learning.

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 15 '19
Oooh Damn, okay Jake....Thanks for the heads up :)
AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 16 '19
Yeap OpenCV with Deep Learning / AI...

I have a lot of experience in OpenCV and I've been getting into AI algorithms, but deep learning requires programmable neural networks and is extremely complicated and expensive by far.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Jan 16 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 20 '19
would it not bee easy more use "finger print sensor" that almost every NEW mobile have built in? 

i see some code available for this but it was some month ago i was check it.....

some of my mobile apps use the finger print sensor so i think not impossible to integrate in a software or a plugin

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 20 '19
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 21 '19
Check - https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1344
Quote from OW-Ghost would it not bee easy more use "finger print sensor" that almost every NEW mobile have built in? 

i see some code available for this but it was some month ago i was check it.....

some of my mobile apps use the finger print sensor so i think not impossible to integrate in a software or a plugin

AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 21 '19
I can do a facial recognition plugin pretty easily and I have a lot of experience with OpenCV.
Here is what it can do:

Honestly though, Oxwall is all but dead and so it's not really worth developing plugins that no one is EVER going to buy...

Unfortunately, I learned this the hard way already... 

No one is going to pay what a facial recognition system is worth anyways...

You all need to quit acting like you're Zuckerberg. Like you got all the money in the world to get developers to program anything  you want, because half of you don't even buy plugins and just waste our time and development efforts. I'm probably done developing plugins for Oxwall unless there is initial investment incentive.

At this point I think most of you are just "Talk" and want to get developers to waste their time on solutions that will NEVER pay off.

I think this is called Delusions of Grandeur.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Jan 21 '19
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 21 '19
Not the feature i was talk about.

I talk about the "built in fingerprint sensor" that almost all NEW mobiles have.

i use that feature when i log in to my bank with a mobile app for example

I think it would bee awsome use that feature instead of complicated face recognitation ...

The feature is already built in you just need use the code inside the plugin or app....i read this is possible to do but i not a programmer so i not sure how to do it

Quote from Webster Molaudi Check - https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1344
Quote from OW-Ghost would it not bee easy more use "finger print sensor" that almost every NEW mobile have built in? 

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 21 '19
AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 21 '19
The facial recognition isn't just for login and authorization!

It recognizes people in photos?????!!!!!

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 21 '19
ok, but i think to block unwanted users forever with "built in fingerprint sensor" is a good start and a very big boost for oxwall.

imagine how many spamers oxwall forum would bee possible get rid off ....if you need to use your fingerprint for sign in.

i think to jump on face recognizes is not a sunday project we talking years of development and bug fixes probably ....for me it sounds very complicated and it is not often i say something is complicated and hard to create and working fully on all 4 platforms and different browsers hardware and so on......
Quote from ViXiV Technologies The facial recognition isn't just for login and authorization!

It recognizes people in photos?????!!!!!

AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 21 '19
Very good point, it is a massive undertaking and will never happen for Oxwall... EVER.

Good point about bio-metric login controlling spammers, but it's not impossible to fake bio-metrics, plus a user can provide whatever thumbprint they want at time of registration, even an image of one, so this would never work unless you tied it to an international database of thumbprints which is not publicly available and raises some serious privacy concerns...

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 21 '19
interesting very much

https:///...line-dating-profiles

AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 21 '19
The only way this would work is to catch the user by surprise and get them to submit their fingerprint.

If you allow it at registration it can be faked, and even if you design it properly.

You can program counter measures that can detect the surprise bio-metric request and submit a fraudulent print.

There is a solution for everything even for spammers...

It ALWAYS becomes a cat and mouse game...

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 21 '19

i agree....it always a cat and mouse game....

so why is facebook spend money on this system that i feel can bee hacked easily?(maybe they use it only for photos nothing else)

why can not facebook,tinder and other bigger social sites use same sign up and login process that the banks do? when i login to my bank account i just need use one app for that and it is a easy process

for example in sweden we have one id verification app that we use for bank and goverment websites

and then australia use a app name My Verified ID 

and then for USA another famous id app .......there should bee a universal app that connect all this security apps then use this app for verify you account on a oxwall or skadate website

hmm so many engineers in this world and still facebook have not come up with a good solutions?

they have millions of dollars to invest in such project? same tinder?

why they no success come up with something good to keep away fake accounts? 

it is crazy....

AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 21 '19
I don't think they want to get rid of spammers, they provide too much traffic, users and ad revenue.
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Jan 22 '19
Quote from ViXiV Technologies I don't think they want to get rid of spammers, they provide too much traffic, users and ad revenue.
I agree, I'm on Facebook and there are still running accounts that friends had deleted and so many fakes. The measures they took after reporting the stolen data etc. are just to show that they did something 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 22 '19
interesting....i agree they probably earn money on spammers ...

i was thinking the same like they do some month ago..

first i was block many countrys like india,syria,nigeria and many others that i know many spammers come from but later after thinking a little bit i feel howstupid i was because even this fake shit accounts are give me ad revenue and traffic

so i decide remove the country blocker plugin totally for earn more ad revenue , but at the same time i get more work as admin to remove fake photos and nude photos and photos that not have a human face at all....

so as admin you need decide if you have the time sort out this pictures and avatars for get more ad revenue. or block this countrys 

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 22 '19
AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 22 '19
I've found that Google Adsense and Play Store have been stealing from me.

My reported payouts in the play store are not in line with the actual payouts.

My ad revenue completely ceased while getting multiple user registrations every day.

I contacted Live support and informed them of my allegations of theft from both play console and AdSense / AdMob.

The VERY NEXT DAY my ad revenue jumps back to normal, around $1 per user registration.

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Jan 22 '19
AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 22 '19
AWS actually has Deep Learning AMI's ready to go with latest tools:

Select64-bit (x86)Deep Learning AMI (Ubuntu) Version 20.0 - ami-0f9e8c4a1305ecd22With latest deep learning frameworks pre-installed: MXNet, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Chainer, Caffe/2, Theano & CNTK, configured with NVIDIA CUDA, cuDNN, NCCL & Intel MKL-DNN. For a fully managed experience, check: https://aws.amazon.com/sagemakerRoot device type: ebs Virtualization type: hvm ENA Enabled: Yes

Pages: 1 2 »