We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Quality of the store plugins | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 22 '19

I do not like to write badly in the comments of the supplements so as not to discourage the developers.

My question is: do the supplements not have to pass a "quality control" to be offered in the store?

There are many that do not work, that do not delete their SQL tables, which leave their orphan keys in the language file, even many leave files, comments and notifications abandoned when, for example, a member has unsubscribed.

There are some that if you have more than 1000 members directly hang because they do incorrect SQL queries

There are many who stopped working with the latest versions of OxWall and continue to sell. And of the authors who left OxWall.

I do not know who controls these add-ons, but he does not do his job well.

David
David Jan 24 '19
Pretty much... nobody.... controls the add-ons.  The users here are about as orphaned and abandoned as the quality control of the store is.  Stuff gets approved... but... I would suspect nothing gets thoroughly tested.  
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Jan 25 '19

Hi all,

themes and plugins that are tested by us are reviewed according to Oxwall Store Item Policy. At the moment we do not have regulations for the code, this might be something to talk about in future and develop a concrete idea of such regulations.

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Germany Jan 25 '19
David
David Jan 25 '19
Yeah, but that's not exactly "quality control".  It's been like this for years, now. Aron would put out one trashy plugin in the clunkiest coding I have ever seen... over and over and over... and yet... as much as EVERYBODY complained... he was allowed to continue until the guy finally left.  I could give you tons of other examples... of plug-ins that barely functioned... tossed off errors or simply didn't work at all... and they were all allowed and approved.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Feb 2 '19
Should bee a TEAM plugin BETA testers that run the plugins for some weeks before it finaly get approved. 

who can test a plugin and find ALL errors and bugs in 1 day ? not even microsoft can do that or google....

Sign me up as a beta tester and some others that have heart in oxwall, i talk with Emil on skype that i can bee a beta tester but no respond back yet....

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Feb 2 '19